ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

There is evidence that the lab in question, which studies bat coronaviruses, may have been conducting what is called “gain of function” research, a dangerous innovation in which diseases are deliberately made more virulent. By the way, right-wingers didn’t dream up “gain of function”: all the cool virologists have been doing it (in this country and in others) even as the squares have been warning against it for years.

I saw some guy, self-proclaimed "expert", that seemed pretty credible. He said that this virus caught everyone off guard because it evolved so quickly. His point was that when a virus jumps to humans, it takes some time (through evolution) to perfect itself and thrive in a new environment (human bodies). He said this one had no such incubation period which defies logic. He said the only logical conclusion was that it was "perfected" or "evolved" in some kind of artificial environment before being released into the human wild. He said that, from day one, he was convinced that something unnatural had happened. while he didn't blame china or wuhan, which he said he had no insight into (which gained cred in my book) he said that the mutation process was a clear indicator that there was some kind of human intervention.

I saw some guy, self-proclaimed "expert", that seemed pretty credible. He said that this virus caught everyone off guard because it evolved so quickly. His point was that when a virus jumps to humans, it takes some time (through evolution) to perfect itself and thrive in a new environment (human bodies). He said this one had no such incubation period which defies logic. He said the only logical conclusion was that it was "perfected" or "evolved" in some kind of artificial environment before being released into the human wild. He said that, from day one, he was convinced that something unnatural had happened. while he didn't blame china or wuhan, which he said he had no insight into (which gained cred in my book) he said that the mutation process was a clear indicator that there was some kind of human intervention.

Check this out:

The U.S.A may have actually helped this creation along!

There is evidence that the lab in question, which studies bat coronaviruses, may have been conducting what is called “gain of function” research, a dangerous innovation in which diseases are deliberately made more virulent. By the way, right-wingers didn’t dream up “gain of function”: all the cool virologists have been doing it (in this country and in others) even as the squares have been warning against it for years.

And fauci was all for it

A guy who starts posting insults because he thinks someone isn't as smart, is requesting a non-insulting response? hahahahaha

People who feel the need to announce how smart they are, typically aren't very smart.

Zzzzzz.

You know I'm smarter than you and your ilk.

You HATE the fact that I put together a very accurate model of total deaths - something that you could NEVER do.

You guys HATE that - the fact that the two guys who can handle the statistics are both right wingers.

If you were half a man, you'd admit that "Hey, politics aside, I've looked at your modeling, and it seems really good". Heck, if you looked at it, and my subsequent posts, you'd realize that time and again, I've explained to people that the Covid deaths are mostly real, and anyone who thinks they weren't is kidding him/herself. It isn't bias, it is just good, honest science.

But honesty is something you cannot afford.

And since you CANNOT afford to be honest, you'll say instead, "I haven't looked at it" or some other nonsense that lets you off the hook.

Zzzzzz.

You HATE the fact that I put together a very accurate model of total deaths - something that you could NEVER do.

You guys HATE that - the fact that the two guys who can handle the statistics are both right wingers.

If you were half a man, you'd admit that "Hey, politics aside, I've looked at your modeling, and it seems really good". Heck, if you looked at it, and my subsequent posts, you'd realize that time and again, I've explained to people that the Covid deaths are mostly real, and anyone who thinks they weren't is kidding him/herself. It isn't bias, it is just good, honest science.

And since you CANNOT afford to be honest, you'll say instead, "I haven't looked at it" or some other nonsense that lets you off the hook.
Show me exactly where and when I specifically criticized your models?? You cannot because I did not. I think it's great that you have been able to accurately predict covid outcomes with a level of accuracy - good for you! I'm really not even sure why you are choosing to argue that. You might have me confused with someone else because I really have no position at all on your math models, I have not even looked at them and do not care to question them - at all!

And for the record, I never sided with Fauci, I actually agree with you and others in that his messaging was off and he should have simply said "I don't know" or "we are working on that.." when responding to questions. Messaging could have been much, much better. What my point was in the post that you chose to call me out on was that the "data" can change based on virus, personal behaviors, its ability to replicate, mutate, etc - end of story.

My issue with you is that you fly off the handle and insult posters if they have a different point of view than you, mainly political. I think you appear to be the one making this political. You made some bull$#!# comment about "woke" or whatever, that had nothing at all to do with the topic. Why??? You took a post of mine where I told someone that if Cletus stopped posting the info that he does, that it is readily available from other sites (worldometer, CDC, Bloomberg, just has Cletus himself stated), but because I used "regurgitated", which we use in IT all of the time without backlash btw, you got all butt-hurt and took it as a personal insult. That's on you. I responded by stating my post was not ill-intended. You chose to believe differently in spite of that. It's like you asked me my favorite color, I tell you it's blue, but you insist that it's red. Do you have some math model that tells you when someone responds a certain way, it actually means something else? I'd like a copy of that model if you wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Zzzzzz.

I won't question your intelligence. Clearly you've added a lot to this discussion with your number crunching. But I think it's time to give it a rest with this particular fight. Go back and look at my response to @klive and also @BobPSU92 's response. There is a certain amount of subtlety to getting your point across without the need to jackhammer a guy in the forehead. I highly doubt @klive meant his comment to be incendiary. There was really no need to go this far over the top calling him out. Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

I won't question your intelligence. Clearly you've added a lot to this discussion with your number crunching. But I think it's time to give it a rest with this particular fight. Go back and look at my response to @klive and also @BobPSU92 's response. There is a certain amount of subtlety to getting your point across without the need to jackhammer a guy in the forehead. I highly doubt @klive meant his comment to be incendiary. There was really no need to go this far over the top calling him out. Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.
This is about klive busting on Cletus for no reason all the time

This is about klive busting on Cletus for no reason all the time
You too must have me confused with someone else. I have never once "busted" on Cletus. Please use direct quotes or links where I supposedly have done so. I rarely post here.

My wife encountered the following sign today at Target:

“To ensure the safety of our guests and team members, effective May 14th, MLB, NFL, NBA and Pokémon Trading Cards will no longer be sold in stores until further notice.”

Assuming this is due to COVID. o_O , why now when we’re coming out of the PANDEMIC. o_O ? And why do they continue to sell greeting cards and other paper products?

My wife encountered the following sign today at Target:

“To ensure the safety of our guests and team members, effective May 14th, MLB, NFL, NBA and Pokémon Trading Cards will no longer be sold in stores until further notice.”

Assuming this is due to COVID. o_O , why now when we’re coming out of the PANDEMIC. o_O ? And why do they continue to sell greeting cards and other paper products?

Actually no, not due to covid. Due to this

Actually no, not due to covid. Due to this

Thanks. I thought they were concerned about kids trading snot-laden cards. Missed the above story, not that it’s never happened before with trading cards. I collected for many years and saw my share of fights.

Sadly, I’m condition now to think COVID first when someone cites safety.

Last edited:
List playoff losses, games not started in the playoffs, and times he got pulled in the playoffs 2010 - 2017.

And, then write your letter of complaint to the Pittsburgh Penguins!!

LOL!!

:p ;) ;) :p :eek:
The Pens don’t win in ‘09 or ‘17 without Flower. In fact, in ‘09 he should have been given the Conn Smythe trophy instead of Malkin. He made a couple of ridiculous game seven saves. The save he made against Ovechkin in game 7 against the Caps was huge. And of course the late save in game 7 against the wings is legendary. Plus if he doesn’t come up huge against the Flyers, the Pens don’t get out of the first round.

EDIT: my apologies. I was just responding to Glov and didn’t realize what thread this is. Can a mod move this conversation to the Pens thread please???

The Pens don’t win in ‘09 or ‘17 without Flower. In fact, in ‘09 he should have been given the Conn Smythe trophy instead of Malkin. He made a couple of ridiculous game seven saves. The save he made against Ovechkin in game 7 against the Caps was huge. And of course the late save in game 7 against the wings is legendary. Plus if he doesn’t come up huge against the Flyers, the Pens don’t get out of the first round.

And the Pens don't lose without Flower blowing leads, etc. 2010-2017 hence Pens asking him to waive his no trade clause.

See Montreal & Tampa Bay series. I was at game 7 against the Habs. He let us down!!

You need to write a letter of complaint to the Pittsburgh Penguins as well sir.

Get ready for your net vaccination shot sir:

I like people who don't post propaganda. 🤷

images

x.xM shots yesterday so total up to 294.9 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.3M. 80.2% of shots administered is the national average, 50.5% of population with 1+ dose (65.1% of the adult population), 40.7% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 168 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 135 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

5235 positives reported yesterday compared to 20,383 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 17,275.

Fatality was 115 compared to 124 yesterday and 375 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 460.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 20,064 compared to one week ago 23,916 down 16.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,807 compared to one week ago 3,236 down 13.2%.

So no vaccine information was available today as it was all the same numbers as yesterday. I think tomorrow we will see numbers start to rise but still not recover from the last couple of days of ultra low. Only 27 states even reported yesterday and even those that did report, all the numbers are very low. For instance, New York has the highest reported daily case load at 640, PA reported 315. So even states that do report have partial reporting occurring.

I wonder if the CDC director will come out and claim that this most recent downward slide the last 2 days signifies something like she did during the Southern freeze earlier in the year.

In a purely unscientific experiment, when I went into the grocery store on Sunday, I would say about 60% were still masked. When I went into the mini-mart yesterday, me and one other guy of about the 10 people in the store were the only ones not masked, so 80% of people had masks on. Going to be a long road until masking becomes less common.

1.48M shots yesterday so total up to 296.4 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.2M. 80.9% of shots administered is the national average, 50.8% of population with 1+ dose (65.4% of the adult population), 40.9% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 168 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 136 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

12,976 positives reported yesterday compared to 23,434 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 17,387.

Fatality was 287 compared to 115 yesterday and 673 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 416.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 19,355 compared to one week ago 23,460 down 17.5%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,702 compared to one week ago 3,208 down 15.8%.

So picked my kid up from swim practice last night. Got there a few minutes early so went into the swim club (outside) to watch the last few minutes and sit and relax. Lot of parents there as the younger kids were practicing next. Zero masks on anybody there. It was outside, but I was still surprised to see not one person had a mask on.

1.48M shots yesterday so total up to 296.4 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.2M. 80.9% of shots administered is the national average, 50.8% of population with 1+ dose (65.4% of the adult population), 40.9% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 168 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 136 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

12,976 positives reported yesterday compared to 23,434 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 17,387.

Fatality was 287 compared to 115 yesterday and 673 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 416.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 19,355 compared to one week ago 23,460 down 17.5%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,702 compared to one week ago 3,208 down 15.8%.

So picked my kid up from swim practice last night. Got there a few minutes early so went into the swim club (outside) to watch the last few minutes and sit and relax. Lot of parents there as the younger kids were practicing next. Zero masks on anybody there. It was outside, but I was still surprised to see not one person had a mask on.
Was at a HS softball game last night. Probably 200+ people at or around the field. On people with masks were the three umpires. South central PA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT