ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Even if Cletus11 only copied and pasted, which he doesn‘t, “regurgitating” was unnecessary. It came off as disparaging.
It's a public message board, I would think the intent of many posts are misinterpreted. My post was misinterpreted, it was not disparaging, but some of the responses certainly were.

Uh, a little harsh there don’t ya think chief? You know absolutely nothing about me to make such a claim. All I was saying was that the information is readily available from CDC. Cletus even said as much earlier in the thread that he was simply pulling data from there. I made no disparaging comments about the data or the effort put in by Cletus.
The tone was disparaging/dismissive.

Had the same data been given in support of Saint Fauci, you would have been laudatory.

Read your own posts in this thread. You are beaten again and again, and then you go into your passive aggressive nonsense.

Posters like Cletus, who takes time to summarize and comment, get dismissed by a guy like you, but here's how you defend the great saints at the CDC and gubmint (unlike Cletus, they are WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF):

I love how people bitch and moan, using the term "moving the goal posts" over something that is new and never happened before. The whole point of science is to test, measure and then react to the situation based on what data suggests. This is not specifically directed at the OP, but something that has been driving me nuts throughout the pandemic is the throwing of people under the bus who are working their asses off trying to squash the pandemic for not being Nostradamus. If you want to bitch about supply preparedness or vaccine rollouts, that's fair game; but trying to predict how a novel virus will behave, mutate, and affect every single human overnight, coupled with human behaviors is going to require some level of "goalpost moving". For the record, we still have no cures or 100% certainties for the flu, common cold, cancer and how they behave...those illnesses have been around forever. What a bunch of dumb asses we all are for not yet figuring those out. The human body is a mysterious thing!

Even if Cletus11 only copied and pasted, which he doesn‘t, “regurgitating” was unnecessary. It came off as disparaging.

Had the same data been given in support of Saint Fauci, you would have been laudatory.

Read your own posts in this thread. You are beaten again and again, and then you go into your passive aggressive nonsense.

Posters like Cletus, who takes time to summarize and comment, get dismissed by a guy like you, but here's how you defend the great saints at the CDC and gubmint (unlike Cletus, they are WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF):
You have a reading comprehension problem and choose to decide what the intentions of everyone’s post are, including the post you cited. Not going to waste any more time debating what my own intentions are to a post I made with an anonymous message board loser. Maybe if you simply asked what my point was rather judging someone you’re never met...

Reactions: tgar and TheGLOV

LOL one more time. Jesus.

Well, I know I'm beaten. All the statistics, regression analysis, and data driven predictions I've made that turned out correct are meaningless.

Because a midwit (at best) says: LOL.

Reactions: blmr31 and bison13
Well, I know I'm beaten. All the statistics, regression analysis, and data driven predictions I've made that turned out correct are meaningless.

Because a midwit (at best) says: LOL.
They are meaningless. But keep at it.

Reactions: klive
Sure, to a midwit - even rudimentary statistics looks like hieroglyphics.

it's a shame you aren't smart enough to learn something from me.
It’s a shame you aren’t consulting for the administration. Pandemic could have been averted. Replace Fauci with some anonymous internet guy who fashions himself to be brilliant.

yeah, I have learned so much reading your posts. Lol.

Reactions: klive
It’s a shame you aren’t consulting for the administration. Pandemic could have been averted. Replace Fauci with some anonymous internet guy who fashions himself to be brilliant.

yeah, I have learned so much reading your posts. Lol.

There's no way you learn anything from me. You simply lack the intellect. I'm working at a graduate level in math, engineering and physics. You couldn't pass a remedial calculus course.

As regards me or Fauci - let's just say that in March, I predicted the pandemic would be over via herd immunity in May. Fauci was saying we'd still need to wear two masks if we were vaccinated.

I doubt Fauci can throw together even the rudimentary modeling curve I created. If he could do so, he wouldn't have spouted nonsense like "wear a mask after vaccination".

There's no way you learn anything from me. You simply lack the intellect. I'm working at a graduate level in math, engineering and physics. You couldn't pass a remedial calculus course.

As regards me or Fauci - let's just say that in March, I predicted the pandemic would be over via herd immunity in May. Fauci was saying we'd still need to wear two masks if we were vaccinated.

I doubt Fauci can throw together even the rudimentary modeling curve I created. If he could do so, he wouldn't have spouted nonsense like "wear a mask after vaccination".
You are correct, it is highly unlikely I could learn anything from you, brilliant as you are.

You are correct, it is highly unlikely I could learn anything from you, brilliant as you are.

Well, seriously, and without insult: If you don't understand the math, and you can see clearly that I do understand it, then why argue?

Seriously - that's what I don't get.

I've been completely honest, and right on almost all of the pandemic related items, yet people who have no basis to do so argue.

Reactions: bison13
1.22M shots yesterday so total up to 294.9 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.3M. 80.2% of shots administered is the national average, 50.5% of population with 1+ dose (65.1% of the adult population), 40.7% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 168 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 135 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

7,750 positives reported yesterday compared to 17,449 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 19,307.

Fatality was 124 compared to 350 yesterday and 282 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 501.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 20,780 compared to one week ago 24,417 down 14.9%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,905 compared to one week ago 3,280 down 11.4%.

So obviously a lot of states did not report and even the ones that did, their numbers were way down. Won't be until Thursday and Friday numbers before all this is worked out in the backlog until we get back to 'normal reporting with all the back reporting in place.

But that said, i expect by end of this coming week we will have pushed through the last remaining barriers to officially end this pandemic (noting Covid is not going away, just the pandemic is now over). As daily positives will be under 20k, hospitalizations under 20k, and daily admissions under 3k. Combine that with anybody over the age of 12 that will have been able to get a vaccine shot and not sure what is left to do at this point.

x.xM shots yesterday so total up to 294.9 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.3M. 80.2% of shots administered is the national average, 50.5% of population with 1+ dose (65.1% of the adult population), 40.7% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 168 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 135 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

5235 positives reported yesterday compared to 20,383 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 17,275.

Fatality was 115 compared to 124 yesterday and 375 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 460.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 20,064 compared to one week ago 23,916 down 16.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,807 compared to one week ago 3,236 down 13.2%.

So no vaccine information was available today as it was all the same numbers as yesterday. I think tomorrow we will see numbers start to rise but still not recover from the last couple of days of ultra low. Only 27 states even reported yesterday and even those that did report, all the numbers are very low. For instance, New York has the highest reported daily case load at 640, PA reported 315. So even states that do report have partial reporting occurring.

I wonder if the CDC director will come out and claim that this most recent downward slide the last 2 days signifies something like she did during the Southern freeze earlier in the year.

In a purely unscientific experiment, when I went into the grocery store on Sunday, I would say about 60% were still masked. When I went into the mini-mart yesterday, me and one other guy of about the 10 people in the store were the only ones not masked, so 80% of people had masks on. Going to be a long road until masking becomes less common.

x.xM shots yesterday so total up to 294.9 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.3M. 80.2% of shots administered is the national average, 50.5% of population with 1+ dose (65.1% of the adult population), 40.7% of population fully vaccinated.

5235 positives reported yesterday compared to 20,383 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 17,275.

Fatality was 115 compared to 124 yesterday and 375 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 460.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 20,064 compared to one week ago 23,916 down 16.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,807 compared to one week ago 3,236 down 13.2%.

So no vaccine information was available today as it was all the same numbers as yesterday. I think tomorrow we will see numbers start to rise but still not recover from the last couple of days of ultra low. Only 27 states even reported yesterday and even those that did report, all the numbers are very low. For instance, New York has the highest reported daily case load at 640, PA reported 315. So even states that do report have partial reporting occurring.

I wonder if the CDC director will come out and claim that this most recent downward slide the last 2 days signifies something like she did during the Southern freeze earlier in the year.

In a purely unscientific experiment, when I went into the grocery store on Sunday, I would say about 60% were still masked. When I went into the mini-mart yesterday, me and one other guy of about the 10 people in the store were the only ones not masked, so 80% of people had masks on. Going to be a long road until masking becomes less common.

Throughout the three-day weekend, my wife and I saw very few people indoors without masks. We didn’t wear masks, but nearly everyone else was masked. No one bothered us, at least.

Throughout the three-day weekend, my wife and I saw very few people indoors without masks. We didn’t wear masks, but nearly everyone else was masked. No one bothered us, at least.
Ohio:

Indoors, 90% masked
Outdoors, 99% unmasked

Masking is no longer required indoors in Ohio?
Not if you are vaxxed.

I had a business meeting on Friday for lunch at a well-known downtown eatery. I walked in and there were Zero masks...not the host, waiters or patrons. As I was being seated, I asked the host "what is your policy with masks?" He laughed and said, "you don't have to wear a mask if you are vaxxed....and I ain't askin'.".

Reactions: BobPSU92

Was in grocery store Sunday. It was crowded and 90% had no masks and even most employees didn’t have masks on. W Pa.

Was in grocery store Sunday. It was crowded and 90% had no masks and even most employees didn’t have masks on. W Pa.

I live in NJ so the mask mandate literally was lifted on this past Friday, so I will give some level of 'break' considering it was so fresh and the announcement from the Governor now Emperor Murphy came a week after he said the mask mandate would stay in place regardless of what the CDC said. So I am sure a certain percentage of people didn't even know it had been lifted yet. But for instance in the mini-mart, 100% of employees were masked so I am sure it was still a policy they had to mask. In the coffee shop, one employee had a mask, the other did not, 4 people waiting in line and 3 had masks and 1 did not. the best is still seeing people walking outside with masks as I just really do not get that at all at this point in time.

I went to the same hardware store twice last week. The first time most people were masked. The second time nobody was masked that I saw. I guess the word is getting out.

A friend of mine, who was adamant she was not getting vaccinated has now decided to get vaccinated. The reason? She wants to go on a cruise.

Reactions: odshowtime
I also live in Western PA and began noticing last weekend that the majority of people at the Robinson Mall and North Fayette Target weren't wearing masks, and I loved seeing that. Even Giant Eagle, which has been very strict in enforcing the mask policy since the Spring of 2020, now is not requiring masks for people who have been vaccinated, which basically is being done by the honor system.

Someone told me about a local restaurant where the wait staff that were not wearing masks were wearing lanyards that marked them as vaccinated. This is in Illinois

Reactions: Obliviax
between AZ, J&J, Pfizer, and Moderna (wonder whatever happened to Novavax as they should have applied for approval by now) the USA alone has to be pumping out 40-50 million doses per week by now. So I think you will see the rest of this summer that Canada, Mexico, Central and South America along with Europe will start to really get the vaccines going and greatly lowering daily positive and fatality totals. Such that by the end of the summer the worldwideness of the pandemic will start to subside. By end of year, I think most first world countries will be generally vaccinated out.

I live in NJ so the mask mandate literally was lifted on this past Friday, so I will give some level of 'break' considering it was so fresh and the announcement from the Governor now Emperor Murphy came a week after he said the mask mandate would stay in place regardless of what the CDC said. So I am sure a certain percentage of people didn't even know it had been lifted yet. But for instance in the mini-mart, 100% of employees were masked so I am sure it was still a policy they had to mask. In the coffee shop, one employee had a mask, the other did not, 4 people waiting in line and 3 had masks and 1 did not. the best is still seeing people walking outside with masks as I just really do not get that at all at this point in time.

My observation was that a lot of people really did give up when Fauci said that we would have to continue masking after vaccination.

At that point, the prevailing opinion began to change.

Sure, there were people who loved the power over others that masks gave them, but for normal people.....that was it.

Reactions: WaylonJ and bison13

Yeah, my wife and I considered that some folks in NEW. JERSEY. o_O don’t know the mask mandate has been lifted. Fair point.

My observation was that a lot of people really did give up when Fauci said that we would have to continue masking after vaccination.

Sure, there were people who loved the power over others that masks gave them, but for normal people.....that was it.

Since the mandate was just removed on Friday in NJ, I am really curious to see how things play out the next couple of weeks. Mask compliance was super high in NJ, probably as high as anywhere in the country. Liberal state as well. Appeared that many of the businesses no longer had the mask signs in their door, so that was good. I was concerned a lot of places would just keep in place regardless of what the CDC and Governor said, but that does not appear to be the situation. So be mid this week, everybody should know the mask mandate is gone so by end of week, anybody wearing a mask still is doing so because they want to, not becuase they didn't know or just forgot it is on out of habit.

Well, seriously, and without insult: If you don't understand the math, and you can see clearly that I do understand it, then why argue?

Seriously - that's what I don't get.

I've been completely honest, and right on almost all of the pandemic related items, yet people who have no basis to do so argue.
A guy who starts posting insults because he thinks someone isn't as smart, is requesting a non-insulting response? hahahahaha

People who feel the need to announce how smart they are, typically aren't very smart.

wonder whatever happened to Novavax as they should have applied for approval by now

THey've got major production bottlenecks.

took my kids to a new large playground in Columbia MD this weekend. About 2/3 not masked. Did see a couple who were double or triple masked though. Funny thing is, the kids of the parents who were masked were the ones who had no playground etiquette, not sharing or taking turns, pushing/hitting other kids, jumping in line etc.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT