ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

I tend to trust my Doctor for health advice. He knows me very well and filters the scientific information to personalize his risk assessment to what may be suitable for me. I educate myself and ask questions so that I understand his thinking, and sometimes I provide feedback that he takes into consideration. I’m just saying all this to make the point that people can have different experts who they trust and make choices among an array of opinions. It’s rarely black and white the way some on this board suggest.

What a crock of BS. You were one of the biggest advocates for keeping kids away from school.

or maybe you just plagiarized it from the CDC web site? Dunno

there are 13 dashboards on this site of excess deaths. The 4th down is actually quite interesting with excess deaths by state. Tope 3 are very interesting..........

Now, you can see that I didn't plagiarize it. You can see that I created it in excel.

I've explained that it's a linear model with a sinusoidal seasonal component.

Don't be dishonest.

Reactions: blmr31 and bison13
Interested to know how OhHello's post was "mostly" BS. What part wasn't? Some of his post by your assessment was apparently correct. What part? I think it was all pretty good.

Gun to my head, I'd guess you're a teacher. I liked a lot of my teachers, I don't hate teachers but please expound.

Are you trying to tell us these virologists don't in fact use some secret, proprietary statistical model, and that his math was correct? Whoa.

Of course my math is correct. These guys are ridiculous.

A guy like SteveG, who is apparently a teaching doctor, should be ashamed of his dishonesty.

He knows I made it, and he knows that other people have created similar graphs, so upon seeing his tribe get their asses handed to them, he muddies the water.

Sigh...you tried.

Yes, but some people cannot handle that the main contributors to the thread are not from their Tribe, and then seek to make snarky comments like "Good thing we have a bunch of virologists on this board who slept at a holiday inn last night" or some such nonsense.

It's you guys who have consistently made NO CONTRIBUTION to the thread, except for your snarky bullshit aimed at people who actually are contributing.

But don't worry, Tom will be along to save the home team soon.

I tend to trust my Doctor for health advice. He knows me very well and filters the scientific information to personalize his risk assessment to what may be suitable for me. I educate myself and ask questions so that I understand his thinking, and sometimes I provide feedback that he takes into consideration. I’m just saying all this to make the point that people can have different experts who they trust and make choices among an array of opinions. It’s rarely black and white the way some on this board suggest.
Good starting point. Hope you ask good questions. My mother was a nurse and she had lots of horror stories about doctor screwups, some leading to death. She questioned everything her doctors told her. Two years ago was in hospital in bad shape in a room right across from the nurse’s station. They called a a cardiologist to check her out as she had a heart attack four years earlier. He came in, checked her out, talked a little and went to the nurse’s station. He said to the nurses....thinking he was out of earshot......‘her meds are really screwed up. We have to change everything’. He did and she was discharged two days later.
Point is doctors, virologists, researchers, media experts all are human. They have biases. They make mistakes. Be aware and question everything.

Reactions: OhHello and bison13
Of course my math is correct. These guys are ridiculous.

A guy like SteveG, who is apparently a teaching doctor, should be ashamed of his dishonesty.

He knows I made it, and he knows that other people have created similar graphs, so upon seeing his tribe get their asses handed to them, he muddies the water.
If you're an academic I would enjoy a cup of coffee. When I graduated in 89 with a BS the smart profs were seeing this coming down the road. Nobody cared. I knew a few good PhDs who were sane. I live in State Coll, outskirts. The outpost of sanity. Pretty soon nobody will serve me so hurry up.

If you're an academic I would enjoy a cup of coffee. When I graduated in 89 with a BS the smart profs were seeing this coming down the road. Nobody cared. I knew a few good PhDs who were sane. I live in State Coll, outskirts. The outpost of sanity. Pretty soon nobody will serve me so hurry up.

I'm a practicing engineer, not academic. Were I in your area, I'd gladly take you up on a cup of coffee.

I have a lot of respect for the engineering and hard sciences in academia- those guys still behave in a mostly moral fashion and do great work.

The rest.....well, let's say they've slid downward somewhat.

Last edited:
so it was not snuck in under the obama admin, it happened well after obama lefty office
Yes. At least this article. I really don’t care what administration this started with. It isn’t political to me. 3.7 million people died. Was either president made aware? I have no idea. I do know that there was an edit to cover it up

Reactions: OhHello
I'm a practicing engineer, not academic. Were I in your area, I'd gladly take you up on a cup of coffee.

I have a lot of respect for the engineering and hard sciences in academia- those guys still behave in a mostly moral fashion and do great work.

The rest.....well, let's say they've slid downward somewhat.
yeah ns. i am a dumb dumb bs in wfs. i met some of my best profs after the fact..i was no great student; I saw many old school guys in the discipline. Great people. Maybe you knew Rex M. He flew a plane in WW2. None of us knew that. Great man.

Reactions: KanePoster
yeah ns. i am a dumb dumb bs in wfs. i met some of my best profs after the fact..i was no great student; I saw many old school guys in the discipline. Great people. Maybe you knew Rex M. He flew a plane in WW2. None of us knew that. Great man.
Maybe some of youse knew Wally Tz. Another great guy. If you knew Wally you knew Yahner (RIP). Best days of my life.

Cleveland clinic: no need to get vaxxed if you are aCOVID survivor

Yes, but some people cannot handle that the main contributors to the thread are not from their Tribe, and then seek to make snarky comments like "Good thing we have a bunch of virologists on this board who slept at a holiday inn last night" or some such nonsense.

It's you guys who have consistently made NO CONTRIBUTION to the thread, except for your snarky bullshit aimed at people who actually are contributing.

But don't worry, Tom will be along to save the home team soon.
If you weren’t such an arrogant, pompous tool, I might be interested in what you have to say. If you are so gifted that you can accurately predict outcomes that could form policy, why are you here instead of running for office, or consulting with government agencies, or contributing your awesome knowledge for the greater good of people? Why are you not better contributing to society instead of creating excel models that predict death from your mom’s basement on an anonymous college sports fan message board? What are we all supposed to do with your math? Say how smart and correct you are? Ok, then what from there? What exactly is your point?

If you weren’t such an arrogant, pompous tool, I might be interested in what you have to say. If you are so gifted that you can accurately predict outcomes that could form policy, why are you here instead of running for office, or consulting with government agencies, or contributing your awesome knowledge for the greater good of people? Why are you not better contributing to society instead of creating excel models that predict death from your mom’s basement on an anonymous college sports fan message board? What are we all supposed to do with your math? Say how smart and correct you are? Ok, then what from there? What exactly is your point?
I'm glad somebody said it. I was starting to think that poster was a troll or parody account of some sort. Every other post he makes is essentially "look how smart I am - tell me how smart I am and how much better I am than you". I can't believe anyone honestly has such low self-esteem that they would constantly need to pound their own chest for approval from others to that extreme. Different strokes for different folks I guess though... You do you.

Talent is God given; be humble. Fame is man-given; be grateful. Conceit is self-given; be careful

Talent and fame, it's funny you mention those things. Also conceit.

Be careful, someone said.

But we're all going to live forever. That's the key to immortality, living forever.

Some people don't think we're going to live forever. Stupid flyover farmers, mostly. Guys like that are dumb enough that they don't think they're immortal. Only the erudite city people are smart enough to live forever in the wonderful Cross-Bronx Xpwy.

Last edited:
You guys know that you're free to not read the thread, right?

It's OK to NOT read the thread.

Especially since your contributions are limited to snarky commentary directed at the people who actually know what they're doing

I'm glad somebody said it. I was starting to think that poster was a troll or parody account of some sort. Every other post he makes is essentially "look how smart I am - tell me how smart I am and how much better I am than you". I can't believe anyone honestly has such low self-esteem that they would constantly need to pound their own chest for approval from others to that extreme. Different strokes for different folks I guess though... You do you.

Talent is God given; be humble. Fame is man-given; be grateful. Conceit is self-given; be careful

• Haha
Reactions: tgar
1.2M shots yesterday so total up to 302.8 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.03M. 81.5% of shots administered is the national average, 51.6% of population with 1+ dose (66.4% of the adult population), 42.1% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 171 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 140 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

12,283 positives reported yesterday compared to 9,270 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 14,317.

Fatality was 312 compared to 164 yesterday and 149 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 400.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 16,585 compared to one week ago 20,821 down 20.3%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,206 compared to one week ago 2,870 down 23.1%.

So if the CDC comes out and tells us impending doom is going to happen and we are seeing another massive spike, you don't have to run for your basement. Today's numbers are just a results of last Memorial day nobody reporting therefore those numbers being real low in comparison to a normal reporting day like today. So the week over week numbers resulting in the 7 day average are finally correcting from Memorial day. Actually happy to see that after the correction daily positives remain under 15K and fatality at 400. Also seeing a big jump in downward trend of hospitalizations so let's hope that trend continues.

1.07M shots yesterday so total up to 303.9 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.07M. 81.7% of shots administered is the national average, 51.7% of population with 1+ dose (66.6% of the adult population), 42.3% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 172 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 140 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

13,542 positives reported yesterday compared to 12,831 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 14,416.

Fatality was 401 compared to 312 yesterday and 296 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 419.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 16,835 compared to one week ago 20,350 down 17.3%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,258 compared to one week ago 2,791 down 19.1%.

1.07M shots yesterday so total up to 303.9 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.07M. 81.7% of shots administered is the national average, 51.7% of population with 1+ dose (66.6% of the adult population), 42.3% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 172 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 140 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

13,542 positives reported yesterday compared to 12,831 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 14,416.

Fatality was 401 compared to 312 yesterday and 296 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 419.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 16,835 compared to one week ago 20,350 down 17.3%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,258 compared to one week ago 2,791 down 19.1%.

We should start to see the impact of DELTA. o_O soon. It will be an Extinction-Level Event.

Now, you can see that I didn't plagiarize it. You can see that I created it in excel.

I've explained that it's a linear model with a sinusoidal seasonal component.

Don't be dishonest.
congratulations you completed a homework assignment, to plot excess deaths due to COVID against expected that 100% of every student in every introduction to epidemiology class in every school of public health in the country completed in the last year. You might want to go back and read that quote of Feynman and some of his other quotes and spend some time in quiet reflection on them As Inigio Montoya says 'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means".

congratulations you completed a homework assignment, to plot excess deaths due to COVID against expected that 100% of every student in every introduction to epidemiology class in every school of public health in the country completed in the last year. You might want to go back and read that quote of Feynman and some of his other quotes and spend some time in quiet reflection on them As Inigio Montoya says 'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means".

Well, not quite. It isn't a plot of excess deaths - its a model of deaths that would have occurred without Covid, then it is a plot of all deaths. The excess deaths are then calculated by subtracting expected non-covid deaths from all deaths.

I did read your links briefly - not sure why they're using a spline and not a periodic function (sinusoidal or otherwise, but the period is, of course 52 weeks), but in the end, the results are pretty much the same, and they should be.

As you are alluding to - this really is not a difficult thing to do.

But, please - don't lie about whether I took someone else's work when you know I didn't. I'm fine with you saying - "Geez, don't act like it's so hard" because it isn't. But don't accuse (or leave open to suspicion) a behavior you know full well I didn't engage in.

If you weren’t such an arrogant, pompous tool, I might be interested in what you have to say.

I'm glad somebody said it. I was starting to think that poster was a troll or parody account of some sort. Every other post he makes is essentially "look how smart I am - tell me how smart I am and how much better I am than you".

congratulations you completed a homework assignment, to plot excess deaths due to COVID against expected that 100% of every student in every introduction to epidemiology class in every school of public health in the country completed in the last year.

Do we really need this in this thread? I agree, @KanePoster is a bit abrasive and annoying with his chest pounding. And I've never seen someone so double jointed as to be able to pat his own back with both hands at the same time before. But come on, at least acknowledge he's been a positive in this thread when it comes to posting information and providing thoughts. If you're just posting in this thread to be snarky, please don't. Thanks for your consideration.

Do we really need this in this thread? I agree, @KanePoster is a bit abrasive and annoying with his chest pounding. And I've never seen someone so double jointed as to be able to pat his own back with both hands at the same time before. But come on, at least acknowledge he's been a positive in this thread when it comes to posting information and providing thoughts. If you're just posting in this thread to be snarky, please don't. Thanks for your consideration.

I appreciate the honest commentary - I know I'm irritating.

Impending doom for sure

so two things.

1. who is messaging this crap. I mean the variant things is over. that message has been used so often and not come true that literally most have tuned it out, why do they keep going there. the unvaccinated population is not going to all of a sudden decide to go get the vaccine because they are scared into it. the messaging now should be go get vaccinated because it works and is safe and point to the 100M+ people that have gotten the vaccine without any substantial issues. does the admin not talk to anybody or do any research at all as to what the messaging should be to keep vaccinations going. I mean WTF.

2. their data is wrong that they use on that clip. they are saying 70% of adult population is the goal and then switch to 50% of TOTAL POPULATION have a shot and imply that 50% is what needs to get to 70% which is WRONG. So the percent of ADULT POPULATION that have a shot is between 63-66% depending on which site you use. So literally a major news agency literally is making a MASSIVE mistake on what they are reporting. That is just so pathetic.

so two things.

1. who is messaging this crap. I mean the variant things is over. that message has been used so often and not come true that literally most have tuned it out, why do they keep going there. the unvaccinated population is not going to all of a sudden decide to go get the vaccine because they are scared into it. the messaging now should be go get vaccinated because it works and is safe and point to the 100M+ people that have gotten the vaccine without any substantial issues. does the admin not talk to anybody or do any research at all as to what the messaging should be to keep vaccinations going. I mean WTF.

2. their data is wrong that they use on that clip. they are saying 70% of adult population is the goal and then switch to 50% of TOTAL POPULATION have a shot and imply that 50% is what needs to get to 70% which is WRONG. So the percent of ADULT POPULATION that have a shot is between 63-66% depending on which site you use. So literally a major news agency literally is making a MASSIVE mistake on what they are reporting. That is just so pathetic.
The variant meme will continue as long as it gets attention. The researchers and reporters love getting quoted by other ‘news’ agencies. And said agencies love getting clicks and eyeballs. As long as that happens the variant meme will roll on.

FAUCI. o_O said that one shot of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines is only 33% effective against DELTA. o_O . That’s why they are two-dose regimens. I wonder what percentage of people stop at one shot.

FAUCI. o_O said that one shot of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines is only 33% effective against DELTA. o_O . That’s why they are two-dose regimens. I wonder what percentage of people stop at one shot.
I don't have a source, but I recall it being around 9-11% don't come back for the second shot from one article I read a few weeks back.

Reactions: BobPSU92
I don't have a source, but I recall it being around 9-11% don't come back for the second shot from one article I read a few weeks back.

that data is 51.7% with one shot and 42.3% fully vaccinated. So there is obviously some lag in getting the second shot, but let's say that is 45% who will get that second shot as teh 3-4 weeks between shots.

that data is 51.7% with one shot and 42.3% fully vaccinated. So there is obviously some lag in getting the second shot, but let's say that is 45% who will get that second shot as teh 3-4 weeks between shots.
Do any of your sources tell you how many first shots are given on a daily basis? If so, how many of the ~1 million shots yesterday were first shots?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Do any of your sources tell you how many first shots are given on a daily basis? If so, how many of the ~1 million shots yesterday were first shots?

they don't specifically note first versus second shot in gross numbers but you can back calculate it from the total vaccines given daily and the percent increase in 1st and 2nd shot that are posted daily to get a pretty good idea of it.

Here is the latest, close-up look at Total deaths and the predicted deaths that would have occurred if no Covid.

Per earlier snarky (but valid) criticism, I've omitted the last four weeks of data because they're really still filling in.

We can now see the impact of the "dry tinder" theory starting to come into play.

Even though Covid is STILL killing people, it looks like more people were "scheduled" to die over the past few months and Covid took them 6-12 months early - so the result seems to be that Total Deaths has now gone below the expected total (if Covid had never occurred).

I do note that the data does still s l o w l y fill in, so we can't draw conclusions yet, I'd say.

But it is certainly looking that way.

Total-US-Mortality-Graph-Recent-Timeframe.png

AEMD stock nearly quadruples on news of

First Ever In Vivo Removal of COVID Virus From Bloodstream of An Infected Patient​

Essentially two patients were given emergency authorization use for the company's hemopurifier which removed the COVID virus directly from their bloodstream. Both patients were critically ill and not expected to survive. FDA approved emergency authorization because their doctors had no other options left. They were basically saved from dead.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT