ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Currently, a good portion of the daily positives where I live in PA are the younger population.
A good portion of the young population were only social distancing/masking in order to protect their parents and grandparents and other high risk family members and friends. Now that many/most of those are vaccinated they no longer have that incentive.

Legit question here. Cletus’ updates include the % of the total US population that is vaccinated. But as of now we know that children are not eligible. Was wondering if anyone had the vaccination % based on the total US population that is vaccine eligible?
total USA population appears to be about 335M people. Google say 25% of population under 18. So essentially take the percent with vaccine of total population and divide it by 0.75 and you have the percent of adult population. As noted above it is just over 50% right now of the adult population with at least one dose.

total USA population appears to be about 335M people. Google say 25% of population under 18. So essentially take the percent with vaccine of total population and divide it by 0.75 and you have the percent of adult population. As noted above it is just over 50% right now of the adult population with at least one dose.
Does this suggest we are almost done with vaccinating those who want a vaccination? If 50% of population have received at least one dose and 25% is not eligible due to age, that leaves 25% unaccounted for. Based on media reports it would seem that at least that number are not interested in getting vaccinated. Sound right or am I missing something?

Does this suggest we are almost done with vaccinating those who want a vaccination? If 50% of population have received at least one dose and 25% is not eligible due to age, that leaves 25% unaccounted for. Based on media reports it would seem that at least that number are not interested in getting vaccinated. Sound right or am I missing something?
No, he said 50% of the adult population. Still have half over age 18 to go. That would be 50% of 75% or 37.5% still need it. Ten percent probably who get it so roughly 25% more will get it. Or roughly 40-50 million more.

Reactions: bison13
Got my second shot of Moderna Friday morning. The second shot effected me differently than the first. First off arm was not sore at all, not even a little. I initially got tired but got home from work and got hit with a bolt of energy, I mean really crazy that I was up until 2:30 Sat. Morn. Then proceeded to sleep most of Sat. Didn't feel bad at all but was just really lethargic. Pretty much back to norm today. Weird.

Reactions: psu00
No, he said 50% of the adult population. Still have half over age 18 to go. That would be 50% of 75% or 37.5% still need it. Ten percent probably who get it so roughly 25% more will get it. Or roughly 40-50 million more.
Okay, got it. Thanks Spin Meister, appreciate the clarification

Reactions: The Spin Meister
3.6M shots yesterday so total up to 205.871M with the 7 day rolling average at 3.20M. 77.8% of shots administered is the national average, 39.0% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 24.8% fully vaccinated.
So far, 129 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 82.5 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 264.61M compared to yesterday 258.342M. So 6.27M doses delivered yesterday, 35.57M doses delivered for the week. Previous week totals for doses delivered is 29.9M, 28.22M, 23.8, 21.1M, 20.0M, 19.7M,21.2M, 5.1M, 9.96M and , 9.4M.

63,625 positives reported yesterday compared to 72,412 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 70,185

Fatality was 738 compared to 887 yesterday and 732 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 741

So not a good day on the vaccine front, last week on Saturday did 4.6M and this week only 3.6M. Took the 7 day rolling average of vaccines down from 3.34M to 3.2M.

Very interested to see how the daily positives play out this week. Are we finally going to see those plateau of will they continue to rise. We now have over 50% of adult population with at least one dose of vaccine so just don't know how much longer the increase can last.

Also gotta hope this week that the FDA/CDC re-instate the J&J vaccine maybe with some modified protocols for women under 50 and some advice to doctors that treat blood clotting with people that recently got a vaccine. The FDA/CDC has been taking a lot of heat in the medical community for their decision as doctors are saying that no drug has NO risk and one in a million is actually very good for most drugs. So the pressure will be on them to release J&J back to being provided. Also there were numbers throwing around that one death in 7M doses of J&J versus the death rate of Covid is a no brainer and that the FDA/CDC in stopping J&J actually is going to cause more deaths with people not being able to be vaccinated than they are 'saving' lives by putting it on pause.

3.5M shots yesterday so total up to 209.406M with the 7 day rolling average at 3.19M. 79.2% of shots administered is the national average, 39.5% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 25.4% fully vaccinated.
So far, 131 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 84.3 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 264.61M compared to yesterday 264.612M. So 0.0M doses delivered yesterday, 35.57M doses delivered for the week. Previous week totals for doses delivered is 29.9M, 28.22M, 23.8, 21.1M, 20.0M, 19.7M,21.2M, 5.1M, 9.96M and , 9.4M.

43,181 positives reported yesterday compared to 57,425 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 68,151

Fatality was 310 compared to 738 yesterday and 322 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 738.

Big week on the vaccine front as theoretically all states should now be open to all people 16+ and up with full eligibility for everybody. Should start to see the daily vaccine number increase as at this point, appointments should not be going unfilled due to lack of people eligible.

As usual, the Sunday reporting numbers are way down due to many states not reporting on Sundays.

When you count "probable" cases as real you get to make the data anything you'd like and no-one can argue that it's incorrect. Deaths, hospitalizations, etc.

My Total Deaths data shows that this isn't the case.

The deaths due to Covid are only mildly overstated.

Overstated they do appear to be, but only slightly. I'd say that 4 out of 5 Covid deaths are actually Covid.

My Total Deaths data shows that this isn't the case.

The deaths due to Covid are only mildly overstated.

Overstated they do appear to be, but only slightly. I'd say that 4 out of 5 Covid deaths are actually Covid.
Doctor friend of mine with access to hospital records says that about 30+ of the reported COVID deaths are not COVID. Not saying that can be extended...just one more input point.

3.5M shots yesterday so total up to 209.406M with the 7 day rolling average at 3.19M. 79.2% of shots administered is the national average, 39.5% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 25.4% fully vaccinated.
So far, 131 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 84.3 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 264.61M compared to yesterday 264.612M. So 0.0M doses delivered yesterday, 35.57M doses delivered for the week. Previous week totals for doses delivered is 29.9M, 28.22M, 23.8, 21.1M, 20.0M, 19.7M,21.2M, 5.1M, 9.96M and , 9.4M.

43,181 positives reported yesterday compared to 57,425 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 68,151

Fatality was 310 compared to 738 yesterday and 322 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 738.

Big week on the vaccine front as theoretically all states should now be open to all people 16+ and up with full eligibility for everybody. Should start to see the daily vaccine number increase as at this point, appointments should not be going unfilled due to lack of people eligible.

As usual, the Sunday reporting numbers are way down due to many states not reporting on Sundays.

2.2M shots yesterday so total up to 211.581M with the 7 day rolling average at 3.12M. 80.0% of shots administered is the national average, 39.9% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 25.7% fully vaccinated.
So far, 132 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 85.4 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 264.61M compared to yesterday 264.612M. So 0.0M doses delivered yesterday, 0.0M doses delivered for the week. Previous week totals for doses delivered is 35.5, 29.9M, 28.22M, 23.8, 21.1M, 20.0M, 19.7M,21.2M, 5.1M, 9.96M and , 9.4M.

51,650 positives reported yesterday compared to 56,959 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 69,695

Fatality was 488 compared to 310 yesterday and 498 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 736.

Really bad day on the vaccine front. For the first day when the entire country is eligible, there were less vaccines given yesterday than last week. As we have talked before, the polls showed 25% of adults were either on the fence or said no to getting the vaccine, my opinion is that number would eventually end up more in the 10-12% when all was said and done. But based on the J&J issues and the fact that even with huge supplies this last week our vaccine rate is actually going down and not up, I am starting to think that number might be more in the 20+% range. Looking at the news last night, there are places in Texas now taking walk in, no appt. needed as the demand has dropped to that point already.

Fingers crossed on the daily positives as 4 days now in a row with a decrease, so maybe we are hitting that plateau finally and will start to come down hopefully for the last time. Not going to claim success until later this week as weekend numbers can be all over the place and need a few more weekday numbers but if the next two days still show decreases, looks like the spike might be over.

In Erie the smaller hospital system had 50% of vaccine appointments unfilled for yesterday and today, and one of the 2 major systems 25% unfilled.

I love how people bitch and moan, using the term "moving the goal posts" over something that is new and never happened before. The whole point of science is to test, measure and then react to the situation based on what data suggests. This is not specifically directed at the OP, but something that has been driving me nuts throughout the pandemic is the throwing of people under the bus who are working their asses off trying to squash the pandemic for not being Nostradamus. If you want to bitch about supply preparedness or vaccine rollouts, that's fair game; but trying to predict how a novel virus will behave, mutate, and affect every single human overnight, coupled with human behaviors is going to require some level of "goalpost moving". For the record, we still have no cures or 100% certainties for the flu, common cold, cancer and how they behave...those illnesses have been around forever. What a bunch of dumb asses we all are for not yet figuring those out. The human body is a mysterious thing!
I understand this was an unprecedented event and that you may have had to move the goal posts when new information came in but what I heard from people like Fauci and the CDC was that the new goal post were the right way to go until they weren't but the next ones are the correct ones - they should have said we don't know but we will try this and see what happens but it may not work either - instead they came off as don't question me and just shut up and do what I say. Fauci really needs to go as the spokesperson for all this - he is responsible for more people not getting the vaccine now since he is saying even if you get it and subject yourself to the risks of getting it you can't really change anything you have been doing the last 14 months - stupid thing to say.

I understand this was an unprecedented event and that you may have had to move the goal posts when new information came in but what I heard from people like Fauci and the CDC was that the new goal post were the right way to go until they weren't but the next ones are the correct ones - they should have said we don't know but we will try this and see what happens but it may not work either - instead they came off as don't question me and just shut up and do what I say. Fauci really needs to go as the spokesperson for all this - he is responsible for more people not getting the vaccine now since he is saying even if you get it and subject yourself to the risks of getting it you can't really change anything you have been doing the last 14 months - stupid thing to say.
Lion84 I'm replying to your post because I agree with you and I wanted your message to be the lead-in.

@klive
Below was copied from an interview published on December 20th. If you don't know who Michal Linial is, look her up. This is just one example of how the Fauci and others have mislead the US/World for reasons I don't understand. You should really read the whole article and then ask yourself why our covid spokesman chooses a different message

“There isn’t any need to be afraid of the mutated coronavirus (Covid-19) strains that were discovered in the U.K. They aren’t more dangerous than the existing strain and the existing vaccines won’t be any less effective against them,” Prof. Michal Linial told Calcalist. She researches coronaviruses and is a professor of molecular biology and bioinformatics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

“Scientists have already mapped thousands of strains of the coronavirus and we already know that currently there are over 10,000 different mutations,” she added. “This specific mutation we had already mapped in September, but back then it only appeared in small numbers. Somehow, it reached large numbers in London. We didn’t expect this mutation to have so many differences to the original, and without this scientific surprise, it wouldn’t even be worth mentioning. The existing vaccine knows how to identify mutations in the virus and respond accordingly.

Regardless of one’s position, the culture of masking and social distancing is creating issues for how the vaccinated should act in public.

Disclaimer: I am not saying COVID and the flu are the same thing.

Pre-COVID, you didn’t see masks or social distancing due to the flu. Vaccinated and non-vaccinated people looked and were treated the same in public. The vaccinated knew they were protected, and you couldn’t tell who wasn’t vaccinated. It wasn’t an issue.

With COVID, masking and social distancing is the norm in most places. Naturally, many who are vaccinated want their world to get back to normal. They are protected. However, the majority of Americans still aren‘t vaccinated. They continue to wear masks and social distance. I can‘t see allowing the vaccinated to ditch their masks and not social distance while these requirements are still imposed on the non-vaccinated. That would create a highly visible class system of sorts, which would not be accepted by many Americans. We also are talking about a medical issue, which many people consider private. For many people, it is no one’s business whether one is or is not vaccinated.

The highly visible mask/social-distance culture means that in most places, the vaccinated will not get their lives back to normal until the majority of Americans are vaccinated.

Regardless of one’s position, the culture of masking and social distancing is creating issues for how the vaccinated should act in public.

Pre-COVID, you didn’t see masks or social distancing due to the flu. Vaccinated and non-vaccinated people looked and were treated the same in public. The vaccinated knew they were protected, and you couldn’t tell who wasn’t vaccinated. It wasn’t an issue.

With COVID, masking and social distancing is the norm in most places. Naturally, many who are vaccinated want their world to get back to normal. They are protected. However, the majority of Americans still aren‘t vaccinated. They continue to wear masks and social distance. I can‘t see allowing the vaccinated to ditch their masks and not social distance while these requirements are still imposed on the non-vaccinated. That would create a highly visible class system of sorts, which would not be accepted by many Americans. We also are talking about a medical issue, which many people consider private. For many people, it is no one’s business whether one is or is not vaccinated.

The highly visible mask/social-distance culture means that in most places, the vaccinated will not get their lives back to normal until the majority of Americans are vaccinated.

with that theory, masking and social distancing will be way of life in perpetuity. as if you do not force everybody to get the vaccine, you will never have the percent vaccinated to the point of being able to take off masks.

What needs to be done is now that vaccines are open to everyone, let this go for another month. At that point, anybody who wants a vaccine has gotten one. So at that point, open up. As if you wanted the vaccine then you have it. If you don't want the vaccine, then don't get it but then you cannot make specific rules because they don't (and most people not getting vaccinated are not asking for any special treatment). So at the point where people who want vaccines have gotten them, there is zero reason left to keep all these mandates in place. And that point is going to be everybody who wants a shot will have one by end of May and be double vaccinated by end of June.

I agree with you.

I am vaxed and I wear my mask where required.

What I feel is unnecessary is to wear a mask when you are outside. Like walking in downtowns(like State College) or walking across campus. Indoors I get it.

I spend a lot of time in the woods. I see people 5 miles deep in the woods from the nearest parking lot wearing masks which seems odd to me. I give them 6+ feet when I pass. I don't understand the need to wear masks while outdoors unless you are waiting in line to get into a bar or something. (I enjoyed wearing them in cold weather because it kept my face warm)

Am I missing something?

with that theory, masking and social distancing will be way of life in perpetuity. as if you do not force everybody to get the vaccine, you will never have the percent vaccinated to the point of being able to take off masks.

What needs to be done is now that vaccines are open to everyone, let this go for another month. At that point, anybody who wants a vaccine has gotten one. So at that point, open up. As if you wanted the vaccine then you have it. If you don't want the vaccine, then don't get it but then you cannot make specific rules because they don't (and most people not getting vaccinated are not asking for any special treatment). So at the point where people who want vaccines have gotten them, there is zero reason left to keep all these mandates in place. And that point is going to be everybody who wants a shot will have one by end of May and be double vaccinated by end of June.

Maybe I wasn’t clear, but I don’t see the vaccinated being allowed to shed masks and stop social distancing in most places while we are in this intermediate stage of vaccinations. We need to get the majority of Americans vaccinated to reach herd immunity, and then masks and social distancing will go away.

Reactions: TheBigUglies
I agree with you.

What I feel is unnecessary is to wear a mask when you are outside. Like walking in downtowns(like State College) or walking across campus. Indoors I get it.

I spend a lot of time in the woods. I see people 5 miles deep in the woods from the nearest parking lot wearing masks which seems odd to me. I give them 6+ feet when I pass. I don't understand the need to wear masks while outdoors unless you are waiting in line to get into a bar or something. (I enjoyed wearing them in cold weather because it kept my face warm)

Am I missing something?

I never wear a mask outside, though I see many who do.

I agree with you.

Am I missing something?
Yes. You are missing the reason that masks (despite widespread compliance everywhere) didn't work to stop the pandemic.

I posted a good explanation of it, along with the question that opened it up for discussion, and I'll repost it here.

bdgan said:
It's surprising that states & countries with mask mandates haven't done better than states & countries without mask mandates. It makes sense to me that masks would help slow an airborne virus. A covid positive person coughing into a mask should spread fewer particles than if he sneezed into the open air.

My opinion is that most people have been wearing masks everywhere. Florida doesn't have a statewide mask mandate but local cities do and many public establishments do as well. The statewide thing has just been politicized.
I'm going to explain this again. I hope it helps. There is needless confusion about why the masks didn't work. Everything I say below is statistically based. Meaning there will be exceptions, but that from an epidemiological standpoint, those exceptions won't matter.

We have observed that transmission of the disease takes a reasonably lengthy exposure to ensure that enough virus particles are inhaled. I've seen estimates such as 15 minutes. There is no evidence, and no one claiming that you transmit the disease simply by "walking past" an un-infected individual.

Most of the cases have been traced back to closed room events with long exposure times.

So, we know that masks cannot filter the virus particles, or the aerosolized particles (they are too small for the mask, except for N95).

We know that masks trap large droplets and reduce the distance that aerosolized particles are initially ejected (let's say for argument from 6 feet unmasked to 1 foot masked).

But we also know that aerosolized particles can remain suspended in the air for hours. Particles whose moisture has evaporated, even longer.

By simple air currents in a room, particles emitted from a masked individual (at 1 foot distance) then circulate throughout the room to a relatively even distribution density.

And thus, everyone in the room is susceptible.

To summarize: If the main method of transmission were instantaneous, casual contact within 6 feet, then masks would have helped greatly. Since the main method of transmission is prolonged exposure, the key feature of masks (reducing the jet distance of exhalation/sneezing/coughing) was irrelevant because even though the initial exhalation distance was less, it simply circulated during the average time it was airborne (many minutes).

I agree with you.

Am I missing something?

+1.
I've been using a Neck Gaiter for awhile, I wear it when biking, keeps my ears warm on these spring days and pollen and bugs out of my nose and mouth. I've also worn it hiking in the Southwest, its really excellent for that as well. Think of the Fremen in Dune.;)

What I think is absolutely ridiculous are these reporters that are wearing it when they are mostly by themselves, outside with a cameraman 6' away. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

You are correct BUT i challenge the premise. I am not sure it is the folks who aren't getting the vaccine that are requesting we all wear masks. I think it is the follow the science Fauci worshippers who are saying we should wear the masks/social distance regardless of vaccine or not.
My sense is most of the folks not getting the vaccine
. have had COVID
. are young enough to "run the risk"
. have survived this long and feel maybe they have natural immunity

Between those 3 groups that could easily be 15-20% and they don't care if we take the masks off or not. [probably support not masking]

Reactions: Ski
Yes. You are missing the reason that masks (despite widespread compliance everywhere) didn't work to stop the pandemic.

I posted a good explanation of it, along with the question that opened it up for discussion, and I'll repost it here.

I'm going to explain this again. I hope it helps. There is needless confusion about why the masks didn't work. Everything I say below is statistically based. Meaning there will be exceptions, but that from an epidemiological standpoint, those exceptions won't matter.

We have observed that transmission of the disease takes a reasonably lengthy exposure to ensure that enough virus particles are inhaled. I've seen estimates such as 15 minutes. There is no evidence, and no one claiming that you transmit the disease simply by "walking past" an un-infected individual.

Most of the cases have been traced back to closed room events with long exposure times.

So, we know that masks cannot filter the virus particles, or the aerosolized particles (they are too small for the mask, except for N95).

We know that masks trap large droplets and reduce the distance that aerosolized particles are initially ejected (let's say for argument from 6 feet unmasked to 1 foot masked).

But we also know that aerosolized particles can remain suspended in the air for hours. Particles whose moisture has evaporated, even longer.

By simple air currents in a room, particles emitted from a masked individual (at 1 foot distance) then circulate throughout the room to a relatively even distribution density.

And thus, everyone in the room is susceptible.

To summarize: If the main method of transmission were instantaneous, casual contact within 6 feet, then masks would have helped greatly. Since the main method of transmission is prolonged exposure, the key feature of masks (reducing the jet distance of exhalation/sneezing/coughing) was irrelevant because even though the initial exhalation distance was less, it simply circulated during the average time it was airborne (many minutes).

Yeah, i have lost a lot of respect for Fauci over the past few months. The fact he and the CDC are still saying masks are required outside with everything we know now (as you stated above) is not about science anymore, it is about control. And this all came from that stupid soccer game in Germany where they initally said that was a mass spreader event when in reality the soccer game was not the spreading event, it was all the people in the bars before and after the game which was the spreading event. We know large outdoor events dont' cause a mass spread or all the protests last summer would have been super spreader events but were not.

So literally no scientific reason to say to continue to wear masks while outside, but nobody from CDC or Fauci or admin is saying to stop, why?

Reactions: roswelllion
You are correct BUT i challenge the premise. I am not sure it is the folks who aren't getting the vaccine that are requesting we all wear masks. I think it is the follow the science Fauci worshippers who are saying we should wear the masks/social distance regardless of vaccine or not.
My sense is most of the folks not getting the vaccine
. have had COVID
. are young enough to "run the risk"
. have survived this long and feel maybe they have natural immunity

Between those 3 groups that could easily be 15-20% and they don't care if we take the masks off or not. [probably support not masking]

I am not saying that but the opposite. The people who are saying they don't want the vaccine are NOT saying that everybody should wear masks becuase of them.

Reactions: Ski
In Erie the smaller hospital system had 50% of vaccine appointments unfilled for yesterday and today, and one of the 2 major systems 25% unfilled.
Berwick hospital had a walk in vaccination clinic the other day. 1500 vaccines available, 80 people showed up.

the other note is that a majority of people take what Fauci/CDC says as gospel truth. Educated people also. I mean our office is talking about what we do once everybody in it has been vaccinated which will occur by end of May. Discussions about everybody coming back, no masks required, allow for group meetings, etc...basically back to normal. And there are numerous people still 'scared' to a certain extent that are saying we cannot go without masks or have meeting because Fauci and CDC said we cannot. And they are not saying it to be contradictory or try to get out of coming to the office, they are saying it because they believe that it is a high risk to take the mask off because that is what Fauci/CDC said. That even if vaccinated and around other people, that you can get and transmit Covid and that mask and social distancing is the only thing that can prevent that. So you have a huge subsection of people out there that have been brainwashed by what the people in charge have said.

the other note is that a majority of people take what Fauci/CDC says as gospel truth. Educated people also. I mean our office is talking about what we do once everybody in it has been vaccinated which will occur by end of May. Discussions about everybody coming back, no masks required, allow for group meetings, etc...basically back to normal. And there are numerous people still 'scared' to a certain extent that are saying we cannot go without masks or have meeting because Fauci and CDC said we cannot. And they are not saying it to be contradictory or try to get out of coming to the office, they are saying it because they believe that it is a high risk to take the mask off because that is what Fauci/CDC said. That even if vaccinated and around other people, that you can get and transmit Covid and that mask and social distancing is the only thing that can prevent that. So you have a huge subsection of people out there that have been brainwashed by what the people in charge have said.

The smartest, most accurate meme out there today. Maybe of all time.....bears DIRECTLY on your situation.

midwitmeme.png

There will be people that will continue wearing two masks and a face shield everywhere they go despite being vaccinated. And this will continue for years to come

Reactions: wilbury
There will be people that will continue wearing two masks and a face shield everywhere they go despite being vaccinated. And this will continue for years to come
I am afraid this is the "new normal". With the "variants" or whatever, this is going to be with us for a long time. we are going to have to get used to living with it. Now that the press has scared the living bejesus out of everyone and knows they can make money doing it, we will get "is this the next COVID" and "new COVID Variant!" for the rest of our lives.

For me? I am done with it. I'll wear my mask in public places but if I die of COVID it is not a lot different from the risks I take every day with lung cancer and whatever. (I heard a woman trying to lecture about precautions while buying a pack of cigarettes the other day). I'll respect other people's concerns but it is pretty much over. I spent the week before last in NoCal and it looks to me like that is the way the majority of people feel.

Yep, the "variants" that no one cared about until the UK variant, despite there being upwards of 7 variants in the USA prior to the UK one.

I am afraid this is the "new normal". With the "variants" or whatever, this is going to be with us for a long time. we are going to have to get used to living with it. Now that the press has scared the living bejesus out of everyone and knows they can make money doing it, we will get "is this the next COVID" and "new COVID Variant!" for the rest of our lives.

For me? I am done with it. I'll wear my mask in public places but if I die of COVID it is not a lot different from the risks I take every day with lung cancer and whatever. (I heard a woman trying to lecture about precautions while buying a pack of cigarettes the other day). I'll respect other people's concerns but it is pretty much over. I spent the week before last in NoCal and it looks to me like that is the way the majority of people feel.

yeah, when you have people driving alone in their car with a mask on. when you have people out walking without anybody near them with masks on, when you see people riding a bicycle with a mask on, when you have people out doing yardwork with a mask on, the people in charge have figured out how simple it is to control people. As anybody who reads anything on Covid and cannot understand that literally makes zero difference in those situations and yet they do it anyway because they were told to do it. Don't think and ask a question why, just do literally whatever you are told. For those people, this will never be over.

yeah, when you have people driving alone in their car with a mask on. when you have people out walking without anybody near them with masks on, when you see people riding a bicycle with a mask on, when you have people out doing yardwork with a mask on, the people in charge have figured out how simple it is to control people. As anybody who reads anything on Covid and cannot understand that literally makes zero difference in those situations and yet they do it anyway because they were told to do it. Don't think and ask a question why, just do literally whatever you are told. For those people, this will never be over.

I may find it silly, for them to be doing it but its not bothering me so I don't get an Ef one way or the other.
As for riding bikes and mowing I already said why I use one riding a bike and its got nothing to do with covid, I could see that also applying to yard work.

Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

I don't care if someone else wears a mask while scuba diving, as long as I'm not asked to wear a mask to protect them or merely for "courtesy" reasons.

My favorite is on the local yenta social media pages where people complain about seeing people at Walmart or the grocery store without a mask.

Unless those places are hangouts for you and you huddle in the candy section with a bunch of people, you're not getting covid from someone by passing them in the aisle

• Haha
Reactions: TheBigUglies
I may find it silly, for them to be doing it but its not bothering me so I don't get an Ef one way or the other.
As for riding bikes and mowing I already said why I use one riding a bike and its got nothing to do with covid, I could see that also applying to yard work.
it is not bothering you, that is fine. So you are OK with 50% capacity at all restaraunts? Not being able to attend concerts or sporting events? most art festivals and food festivals not being held? not being able to attend a child's high school sporting event? Kids not being able to goto in person school?

As that is the outcome of this type of thinking. If they declared tomorrow that everything is open and zero restrictions, I could care less if some people where N95 masks with a face shield 24/7 and to bed at night. But the throught process that keeps those people doing that is the same reason that politicians have no pressure to open anything back up. So that really, really bothers me.

Reactions: GoGoBanana
it is not bothering you, that is fine. So you are OK with 50% capacity at all restaraunts? Not being able to attend concerts or sporting events? most art festivals and food festivals not being held? not being able to attend a child's high school sporting event? Kids not being able to goto in person school?

As that is the outcome of this type of thinking. If they declared tomorrow that everything is open and zero restrictions, I could care less if some people where N95 masks with a face shield 24/7 and to bed at night. But the throught process that keeps those people doing that is the same reason that politicians have no pressure to open anything back up. So that really, really bothers me.

Hmmm let me go back and re-read my post..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................Nope didn't say anything at all related to your first paragraph.
So maybe don't try and put words in my mouth, cause it was a fail on your part.
Or do you just want to start a fight because your Aunt Flo came for a visit?

About 30+ years ago I used to cut lawns for spending money. I get bad hayfever in late July/Aug and I would always wear a mask when cutting grass. I don't anymore cause the meds work a lot better for hayfever then they did 30+ years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT