ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

This article which is more recent says there is only one effective monoclonal antibody treatment currently. The federal government is stopping the distribution of others because they don’t work or are less effective. The anti-viral pills are supposed to be effective against Omicron but they are being rationed because of short supply. Most people who get Covid, of course, won’t need them, but those at highest risk may be out of luck with monoclonal antibodies or the ant-viral pills such as Paxlovid. 🤷🏻

Yes, but I can only relay what the patient and his wife told me. He has already lost 22 pounds in a week, so he is in no shape to be worrying about giving me more details. He said he was confused because when he tested in Jan 2021 they just took 1 swab. He said this time they took swab after swab after swab. I don't know if he got the results the same day or if there was a delay to send them to a lab.
Id bet they tested for the flu a d covid

The vaccine clearly worked with respect to both infection and death.

I've calculated the numbers myself. Maybe the numbers are inflated (I suspect they are).

The calculated numbers are about 60% against infection and 85% against death.

I suspect it is lower.

Saying it is zero defies even rudimentary analysis.
Actually it had no affect on stopping delta. The numbers in the UK showed that. I wish the US published numbers so we dont have to keep using the UKs but they dont. Since July in the UK cases have been with in 1 or 2 percentage points plus/minus of cases in vaxxed to the population. Couple that with the fact most vaxxed people didnt test with a sniffle qnd you have vaccines having no effect on getting the virus.

As far as deaths, sure if you were vulnerable qnd got the vid in month one or two it had some benefit. Month 5 you probably died. We know the same people qre still dying.

Here is the biggest problem when sayiing the vaccines have a 60% efficacy against contraction. According to the CDC 3/4 of people during Alpha and Beta never knew they had it. Itsike ive always said, they need kids to take it to get efficacy to 95%. If not it wi never be close.

Actually it had no affect on stopping delta. The numbers in the UK showed that. I wish the US published numbers so we dont have to keep using the UKs but they dont. Since July in the UK cases have been with in 1 or 2 percentage points plus/minus of cases in vaxxed to the population. Couple that with the fact most vaxxed people didnt test with a sniffle qnd you have vaccines having no effect on getting the virus.

As far as deaths, sure if you were vulnerable qnd got the vid in month one or two it had some benefit. Month 5 you probably died. We know the same people qre still dying.

Here is the biggest problem when sayiing the vaccines have a 60% efficacy against contraction. According to the CDC 3/4 of people during Alpha and Beta never knew they had it. Itsike ive always said, they need kids to take it to get efficacy to 95%. If not it wi never be close.
stop, you keep this red herring argument about vaccines stopping infection. NOBODY is saying that vaccines are stopping infection of Delta or Omicron, just get off that constant red herring argument. Vaccine is about prevention of serious illness and death. The stopping infection went out the window once delta and subsequent variants came along.

Id bet they tested for the flu a d covid

I am betting that you don't like what the patient and his spouse told me, so you figure you will counter it with a useless, unbacked opinion.

Cyprus Finds Covid-19 Infections That Combine Delta and Omicron

A strain of Covid-19 that combines delta and omicron was found in Cyprus, according to Leondios Kostrikis, professor of biological sciences at the University of Cyprus and head of the Laboratory of Biotechnology and Molecular Virology.

There are currently omicron and delta co-infections and we found this strain that is a combination of these two,” Kostrikis said in an interview with Sigma TV Friday. The discovery was named “deltacron” due to the identification of omicron-like genetic signatures within the delta genomes, he said.

Kostrikis and his team have identified 25 such cases and the statistical analysis shows that the relative frequency of the combined infection is higher among patients hospitalized due to Covid-19 as compared to non-hospitalized patients. The sequences of the 25 deltacron cases were sent to GISAID, the international database that tracks changes in the virus, on Jan. 7.

“We will see in the future if this strain is more pathological or more contagious or if it will prevail” over delta and omicron, he said. But his personal view is that this strain will also be displaced by the highly contagious omicron variant.

Last edited:
I am betting that you don't like what the patient and his spouse told me, so you figure you will counter it with a useless, unbacked opinion.

I'm done.

No, the poster you are replying to is probably right. Either the patient misinformed you or the doctor just told them something to answer their questions.

It's much more likely they were tested for flu, strep, and covid than they were tested for both strains because such testing doesn't exist in a format that an answer would have been given to them.

Prayers for recovery.

Reactions: LCFP79
No, the poster you are replying to is probably right. Either the patient misinformed you or the doctor just told them something to answer their questions.

It's much more likely they were tested for flu, strep, and covid than they were tested for both strains because such testing doesn't exist in a format that an answer would have been given to them.

Prayers for recovery.

They told him he tested positive for DELTA and OMICRON. PERIOD. I am done.

A strain of Covid-19 that combines delta and omicron was found in Cyprus, according to Leondios Kostrikis, professor of biological sciences at the University of Cyprus and head of the Laboratory of Biotechnology and Molecular Virology.

There are currently omicron and delta co-infections and we found this strain that is a combination of these two,” Kostrikis said in an interview with Sigma TV Friday. The discovery was named “deltacron” due to the identification of omicron-like genetic signatures within the delta genomes, he said.

Kostrikis and his team have identified 25 such cases and the statistical analysis shows that the relative frequency of the combined infection is higher among patients hospitalized due to Covid-19 as compared to non-hospitalized patients. The sequences of the 25 deltacron cases were sent to GISAID, the international database that tracks changes in the virus, on Jan. 7.

“We will see in the future if this strain is more pathological or more contagious or if it will prevail” over delta and omicron, he said. But his personal view is that this strain will also be displaced by the highly contagious omicron variant.

So, it might work.

Better shut it down out of an abundance of caution we might give out a safe drug that might not work.
Yes. It might work but be less effective. Does that mean we should stop distributing them to the states? I would think some effectiveness could be worthwhile but this isn’t my wheelhouse. Plus, I’m skeptical of the federal government.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
They told him he tested positive for DELTA and OMICRON. PERIOD. I am done.

They don't test for strains in UC/hospital settings. It's not even a test that determines it. It's broken down and examined.

Show me a link that says they are TESTING FOR and identifying strains for patients.

I already provided you one saying they didn't Mr "I'm done".

Reactions: ralphster
What resistance? MAB supplies are very limited and most of them are reportedly not effective against omicron.
what resistance? why don't we have millions of doses. Why are they being rationed. RE how they work against Omicron I think pretty much the same question can be asked of the vaccines. While omicron is taking over for Delta i think delta is still around 40% of cases and I'll bet 90% of deaths.

"It’s important to note, however, that genomic surveillance data is often dated. The time between a patient taking a COVID-19 test and the viral genome sequence getting uploaded to GISAID can be many days or even weeks."

-

They don't test for strains in UC/hospital settings. It's not even a test that determines it. It's broken down and examined.

Show me a link that says they are TESTING FOR and identifying strains for patients.

I already provided you one saying they didn't Mr "I'm done".

I'd rather show you my ass and put you on ignore. Good bye.

Reactions: lazydave841
stop, you keep this red herring argument about vaccines stopping infection. NOBODY is saying that vaccines are stopping infection of Delta or Omicron, just get off that constant red herring argument. Vaccine is about prevention of serious illness and death. The stopping infection went out the window once delta and subsequent variants came along.
Its not a red herring arguement. A large part of the population only got vaxxed to prevent it an not spread it. An example would be college campuses. Outside of the vulnerable the vaccines did nothing because most people didnt need them and still dont.

But hes right they dont test for variants. Hell the day a few weeks ago when the cdc said onicron was 75% of all cases they had less then 1000 confirmed cases through lab tests. So unless the person who told you was next to the lab they have no odea what variant they had. If they are near a lab lets us know we will qll try and test there.

you do recognize that it is most likely the patient misheard as I have also not heard of anybody definitely testing for Omicron or Delta variant in a normal setting. the test to distinguish does exist, but that is not something that I think is normal. see attached article.

So when will this thread start tracking COVID vaccine deaths and significant adverse reactions ? 🤔
Over 20,000 deaths reported by CDC VAERS system through Dec 10, 2021 and 155,500 serious injuries thus far.

VAERS data released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention included a total of 965,843 reports of adverse events from all age groups following COVID vaccines, including 20,244 deaths and 155,506 serious injuries through Dec. 10, 2021.

But hes right they dont test for variants. Hell the day a few weeks ago when the cdc said onicron was 75% of all cases they had less then 1000 confirmed cases through lab tests. So unless the person who told you was next to the lab they have no odea what variant they had. If they are near a lab lets us know we will qll try and test there.
My guess is that CDC tests a certain number of positives to see what variant it is. Probably less than one in thousand. Plus take some from various parts of the country t see what differences there are. Than the do their data crunching and come with their estimate of each.
All of this would take a week or more and the variant ratios can change quickly. Would nice if they publicly showed Turk so people could understand it better.

Reactions: ralphster
VAERS tracks neither deaths nor injuries "caused" by vaccines. It tracks REPORTS. I believe this has been explained on this board before. If you give over a hundred million vaccines in a year, and they are skewed to the older population, there will probably be AT LEAST 20,000 deaths in the weeks/month after a vaccine is given. There is no one in the medical world other than complete quacks who thinks vaccines have killed 20,000 and injured 155,000. Come on, man.

VAERS tracks neither deaths nor injuries "caused" by vaccines. It tracks REPORTS. I believe this has been explained on this board before. If you give over a hundred million vaccines in a year, and they are skewed to the older population, there will probably be AT LEAST 20,000 deaths in the weeks/month after a vaccine is given. There is no one in the medical world other than complete quacks who thinks vaccines have killed 20,000 and injured 155,000. Come on, man.
Evidence against what you say is that for influenza, there are very few VAERS reports.

Also a heavily vaccinated population.

Very difficult to sort out what is true.

Evidence against what you say is that for influenza, there are very few VAERS reports.

Also a heavily vaccinated population.

Very difficult to sort out what is true.
there is 95% of the 65 and over with at least one dose, not sure the flu vaccine even sniffs that percentage. so basically anybody dying right now has at least one dose as over 65 and really sick people with co-morbities are vaccinated nearly 100%

Its not a red herring arguement. A large part of the population only got vaxxed to prevent it an not spread it. An example would be college campuses. Outside of the vulnerable the vaccines did nothing because most people didnt need them and still dont.
This, I think, is correct.

But you destroy yourself when you try to extend it toward vaccination for the old.

It is almost impossible for me to find an argument against vaccination for the old.

Even if the vaccine is only 30% effective, it is still better than nothing.

When your starting point is: "Find evidence that supports the argument......that the vaccine isn't necessary for anyone, no matter what", you lose the argument.

It shows through that this is what you are doing, whether it seems that way or not to you.

But you have made good contributions to the thread.

Here is an interesting observation:

What can vaccine effectiveness against infection really mean when 17 out of 21 fully vaccinated penguins players have contracted Covid (most of them Delta, obviously)?

Seriously - what can it mean? Challenge the sample size, and I'll simply scan the flyers, Canucks, Oilers - the result will be the same. This isn't a "statistical significance" issue.

In 4 to 5 months, almost every penguin has contracted Covid.

Does this mean that vaccine effectiveness only SLOWS the date at which you contract Covid? Does it mean that, without the vaccine, 17 out of 21 Penguins would have contracted Covid between September and November?

Did the vaccine simply allow the average penguin to withstand an average of 9 exposures when otherwise, they'd have been infected after an average of only 4 exposures?

Reactions: tlbakernc
This, I think, is correct.

But you destroy yourself when you try to extend it toward vaccination for the old.

It is almost impossible for me to find an argument against vaccination for the old.

Even if the vaccine is only 30% effective, it is still better than nothing.

When your starting point is: "Find evidence that supports the argument......that the vaccine isn't necessary for anyone, no matter what", you lose the argument.

It shows through that this is what you are doing, whether it seems that way or not to you.

But you have made good contributions to the thread.
don't forget the effeciveness of the vaccine against the original variant. it was pretty good at preventing infection and transmission. we were at 11000 positives per day in early June, don't get there without the vaccine stopping infection and transmission to some extent. i agree against delta and omicron looks like it does not, but it did against the original variant which is when most were vaccinated.

Using flu vaccine as a comparison is weak.
Why is it weak? About 50% of the people get an influenza vaccine, right (I don't know, just trying to remember), so why aren't VAERS deaths from Flu shot season in 2015 about half of what they are for Covid?

I'm not fully convinced one way or the other - to me, it changes very little - if you're old you are STILL better off getting the vaccine even if every VAERS case is real.

The casual observer would simply look at this and conclude: Of course vaccine isn't working against Omicron.

May be right, may be wrong. But it is hard to explain this without assuming VE (infection) is really bad.

Supposedly R0 is 10, where for Delta it was 7 - that's not enough to explain it.

UK-Cases.png

Reactions: tlbakernc
don't forget the effeciveness of the vaccine against the original variant. it was pretty good at preventing infection and transmission. we were at 11000 positives per day in early June, don't get there without the vaccine stopping infection and transmission to some extent. i agree against delta and omicron looks like it does not, but it did against the original variant which is when most were vaccinated.
The problem is in the engineering of the vaccine. By using a snippet of the mRNA that correlates to a protein located in the spike protein complex on the virus surface it is far too specific. The body produces antibodies to that protein but not for any other aspect of the virus. So along comes a variant without that protein or a different protein in place.....and the antibodies don’t work on it.

The vaccines bought time, time that should have used to create a more broadband vaccine that would stimulate antibodies to several different aspects of the virus. Then a mutation or two would not be game changing like this one appears to have been.

We should also have been working WARP speed on therapeutic treatments to treat those that are ill. Ones that directly treat the virus. Ones that treat the symptoms, ones that treat the damage to various tissues and organs.

Everyone knew there would be mutations. Magoo lies when he says no one saw it coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: roswelllion
Why is it weak? About 50% of the people get an influenza vaccine, right (I don't know, just trying to remember), so why aren't VAERS deaths from Flu shot season in 2015 about half of what they are for Covid?

I'm not fully convinced one way or the other - to me, it changes very little - if you're old you are STILL better off getting the vaccine even if every VAERS case is real.

Well....

Has there been ever in our history a vaccine for a deadly pandemic caused by a novel virus for which 100's of millions of doses were administered?

Was VAERS reporting for flu vaccines as front and center in the medical community as it is with covid? If a senior or a child in the hospital, pre-covid, died of flu-caused pneumonia did they automatically think to report a vaccine adverse effect into VAERS?

For some reason, VAERS accepts reports from other countries, iirc the number of deaths from other countries accounts for 40% of deaths

VAERS takes reports from anyone, no one outside the medical community previously reported flu adverse effects as they do now because they didn't know it existed.

I gave you these numbers in the past.... every day in the US about 2400 deaths per day in the 85 yo and over demographic, in VAERS there are about 6 in the US (assuming of course EVERY death was due to the vaccine). You could easily go through that same numbers exercise for 65 and over. How many times have you been dismissive of those deaths while using the rationale that most of these deaths would have happened shortly anyway?

Until you can have accurate detailed statistics on the entire database and every death is thoroughly investigated the data will be misused as it has been.

There isn't a "cure," but then you look at Uttar Pradesh, a densely populated province in India. Delta was burning through its population. Desperate, the provincial govt started handed out packages of medicine for people to take when symptoms started. Amazingly, serious disease numbers crashed.
Now the crazy part is that our esteemed president apparently talked to the provincial leaders and then they decided not to release details of the meds they are dispensing.
Can you imagine:
-a worldwide pandemic that is killing people
-in the West, they don't treat patients until they reach hospitalization status
-in India, tens of thousands of lives are saved by dispensing meds for early treatment at home and then declines to share the details of their amazing success.

This is torch and pitchfork territory.
If I’m not mistaken the drugs handed out are not CDC approved. And of course the CDC doesn’t study “other” treatments.

Well....

Has there been ever in our history a vaccine for a deadly pandemic caused by a novel virus for which 100's of millions of doses were administered?

Was VAERS reporting for flu vaccines as front and center in the medical community as it is with covid? If a senior or a child in the hospital, pre-covid, died of flu-caused pneumonia did they automatically think to report a vaccine adverse effect into VAERS?

For some reason, VAERS accepts reports from other countries, iirc the number of deaths from other countries accounts for 40% of deaths

VAERS takes reports from anyone, no one outside the medical community previously reported flu adverse effects as they do now because they didn't know it existed.

I gave you these numbers in the past.... every day in the US about 2400 deaths per day in the 85 yo and over demographic, in VAERS there are about 6 in the US (assuming of course EVERY death was due to the vaccine). You could easily go through that same numbers exercise for 65 and over. How many times have you been dismissive of those deaths while using the rationale that most of these deaths would have happened shortly anyway?

Until you can have accurate detailed statistics on the entire database and every death is thoroughly investigated the data will be misused as it has been.

Yeah, I don’t know how much energy to put into it.

I’m a little suspicious that something is there, but even if the Varrs deaths are real, it changes almost nothing.

But I don’t think people should automatically dismiss it. Instead, the argument is that it doesn’t matter.

The problem is in the engineering of the vaccine. By using a snippet of the mRNA that correlates Roma protein located in the spike protein complex on the virus surface it is far to specific. The body produces antibodies to that protein but not for any other aspect of the virus. So along comes a variant without that protein or a different protein in place.....and the antibodies don’t work on it.

The vaccines bought time, time that should have used to create a more broadband vaccine that would stimulate antibodies to several different aspects of the virus. Then a mutation or two would not be game changing like this one appears to have been.

We should also have been working WARP speed on therapeutic treatments to treat those that are ill. Ones that directly treat the virus. Ones that treat the symptoms, ones that treat the damage to various tissues and organs.

Everyone knew there would be mutations. Magoo lies when he says no one saw it coming.
It is a shocking indictment of our “leaders”; they are terrible.

If I’m not mistaken the drugs handed out are not CDC approved. And of course the CDC doesn’t study “other” treatments.
Ivermectin is FDA approved and has proven to be ineffective - in every country around the world. The only novel aspect of ivermectin and HCQ treatments is that conservative social media has uniquely convinced American idiots that it might allow us to ignore COVID. No other country in the world is indulging in this fantasy.

People will believe what they’ve been conditioned to believe by the CDC, media, etc…. If you believe these are harmless vaccines, well there’s not much more I can say. These still aren’t FDA approved vaccines, only approved for emergency purposes only. They won’t even fully disclose the information on the experimental jabs for 75 years, based on what they’ve asked the CDC. And there’s been little push back on that fact. Follow the $$$

People will believe what they’ve been conditioned to believe by the CDC, media, etc…. If you believe these are harmless vaccines, well there’s not much more I can say. These still aren’t FDA approved vaccines, only approved for emergency purposes only. They won’t even fully disclose the information on the experimental jabs for 75 years, based on what they’ve asked the CDC. And there’s been little push back on that fact. Follow the $$$
Judge just denied the 75 year wait time. Documentation is be handed over now. It may take months to acquire all the documents. But the good news is it starts now.

Ivermectin is FDA approved and has proven to be ineffective - in every country around the world. The only novel aspect of ivermectin and HCQ treatments is that conservative social media has uniquely convinced American idiots that it might allow us to ignore COVID. No other country in the world is indulging in this fantasy.
Ivermectin and HCQ are not approved for use with Covid. They are approved drugs but good luck finding a hospital or doctor to write a scrip for Covid.

Pfizer vaccine is fda approved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT