ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

So ignore the pandemic....that would have been a disaster. Thank goodness your generation isn't really running much anymore. Hospitals would have been a nightmare and the mobile morgue industry would have been booming.
FL has the highest % of people over 65. We protected the elderly and let most others live normal lives,except for liberal enclaves
One of the top 5 states results on protecting 65+ from dieing of covid19. You are parroting the lobes of fascists who do not want to give up the power that irrational CDC guidelines have given them

Where did I say IGNORE? PROTECT PEOPLE OVER 65 WHO ARE ABOUT 85% of deaths. Protect the obese, ashma, etc. THAT IS THE SCIENCE, not to lock down everyone. THAT IS THE SCIENCE.
Don’t bother talking science. Everything must be based on raw emotions.

Don’t talk about therapeutic treatment, don’t talk about natural immunity.

Don’t dare ask why we have a wide open border with two million people allowed in without being tested, quarantined, or vaccinated in the middle of the worst pandemic in over a century. (You will be called a racist, xenophobic, mouth breather).

Don’t ask what happened to herd immunity and natural immunity.

Don’t ask why 25% of frontline health workers would rather give up their career than get vaccinated.

Just. Don’t. Ask.

Shut up. And follow.

There isn't a "cure," but then you look at Uttar Pradesh, a densely populated province in India. Delta was burning through its population. Desperate, the provincial govt started handed out packages of medicine for people to take when symptoms started. Amazingly, serious disease numbers crashed.
Now the crazy part is that our esteemed president apparently talked to the provincial leaders and then they decided not to release details of the meds they are dispensing.
Can you imagine:
-a worldwide pandemic that is killing people
-in the West, they don't treat patients until they reach hospitalization status
-in India, tens of thousands of lives are saved by dispensing meds for early treatment at home and then declines to share the details of their amazing success.

This is torch and pitchfork territory.
All schools are currently closed in Uttar Pradesh because of a COVID surge so you may want to pause on recycling these miracle cure stories from Facebook.

All schools are currently closed in Uttar Pradesh because of a COVID surge so you may want to pause on recycling these miracle cure stories from Facebook.
Seems they are over reacting. They have a while 8000 active cases. Previously theyve had a total of 1.7 million. And we know they will be smart enough to take a medicine that will make them better if they get not q vaccine that doesnt prevent anything.

No theory on Ivermectin or HCQ predicts that they stop you from contracting Covid. The proposed mechanism is that it hinders the virus from replicating inside the body.

Evidence shows that it works reasonably well, when given early. So, a surge in UP means nothing, one way or the other.

As regards the vaccine, it clearly works, please stop saying it doesn't. Now, we will see if it still remains effective against Omicron, with initial data saying it really does not work very well.

Seems they are over reacting. They have a while 8000 active cases. Previously theyve had a total of 1.7 million. And we know they will be smart enough to take a medicine that will make them better if they get not q vaccine that doesnt prevent anything.

No theory on Ivermectin or HCQ predicts that they stop you from contracting Covid. The proposed mechanism is that it hinders the virus from replicating inside the body.

Evidence shows that it works reasonably well, when given early. So, a surge in UP means nothing, one way or the other.

As regards the vaccine, it clearly works, please stop saying it doesn't. Now, we will see if it still remains effective against Omicron, with initial data saying it really does not work very well.
Pleaae stop saying the vaccine prevents you from getting it because it clearly doesnt . Never has. If you want to say if may prevent some deaths for a short period of time fine. But then never worked a preventing getting it or spreading it. This has been know since qt least July.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions

The fact that Uttar Pradesh is surging is not a surprise. The fact that they are locking down shows that they don’t believe the Facebook fantasies about the wonders of ivermectin and HCQ.

He's been like that for a while. Seems to hate people who have viewpoints different than his own.
Lol, says the people who live on the Test board still. Yeah, a bastion of open minded 80 year olds live there and have productive open conversations with zero hostility. My goodness, talk about projecting. So many infectious disease experts living in this thread….LOL.

Reactions: tgar
Your argumentative style is perfect for the test board whether you go there or not. You’re no better or no worse.
Yes as saying talk to real physicians is so offensive for some reason. Lol, sure it is. They are fake news too, I get it.

Reactions: tgar
Yes as saying talk to real physicians is so offensive for some reason. Lol, sure it is. They are fake news too, I get it.
It has nothing to do with your points made on topic. It’s your insults that you like to throw around. You are perfect for the test board you pretend to hate so much. Embrace the person you really are.

It has nothing to do with your points made on topic. It’s your insults that you like to throw around. You are perfect for the test board you pretend to hate so much. Embrace the person you really are.
Seems like you need some time there or you lack self awareness yourself. Thanks for the notes.

Yes, he hates the test board because it is a mirror to himself.
Another one who throws crap against the wall but somehow pretends he is above it all. Lol, too funny. It’s ok for others to toss out insults if they think just like you. Consult your Doctors not Tucker.

Last edited:
There is no way they told him he was positive for two different strains. Thats not how he tests work.

I talked to the patient's wife one minute ago because he is very sick. Last week, he went to Urgicare in Sparta, Illinois and they did 3 different tests -- Flu A&B, the earlier strains of Covid, and Omicron. He was told he was positive for both Covid Delta and Covid Omicron.

She was trying to find a way to get him the monoclonal antibodies and asked me how I was able to obtain them. I imagine the rules for distributing them may have changed since March 2021 when I had them.

Oh, the patient previously had confirmed Covid in January 2021. Based on that he may be one of the first people to have contracted 3 strains of Covid in his lifetime.

Since he previously had Covid, he didn't get immunized.

I am relaying the info. Do with it what you want.

Last edited:
I talked to the patient's wife one minute ago because he is very sick. Last week, he went to Urgicare in Sparta, Illinois and they did 3 different tests -- Flu A&B, the earlier strains of Covid, and Omicron. He was told he was positive for both Covid Delta and Covid Omicron.

She was trying to find a way to get him the monoclonal antibodies and asked me how I was able to obtain them. I imagine the rules for distributing them may have changed since March 2021 when I had them.

Oh, the patient previously had confirmed Covid in January 2021. Based on that he may be one of the first people to have contracted 3 strains of Covid in his lifetime.

I am relaying the info. Do with it what you want.
That’s pretty terrible. Wonder if he has some immune system issues leading to this. And comorbidities? Does being on any medications weaken the immune system?

Hope the guy recovers quickly and completely.

Reactions: bison13
Pleaae stop saying the vaccine prevents you from getting it because it clearly doesnt . Never has. If you want to say if may prevent some deaths for a short period of time fine. But then never worked a preventing getting it or spreading it. This has been know since qt least July.
The vaccine clearly worked with respect to both infection and death.

I've calculated the numbers myself. Maybe the numbers are inflated (I suspect they are).

The calculated numbers are about 60% against infection and 85% against death.

I suspect it is lower.

Saying it is zero defies even rudimentary analysis.

Last week, he went to Urgicare in Sparta, Illinois and they did 3 different tests -- Flu A&B, the earlier strains of Covid, and Omicron. He was told he was positive for both Covid Delta and Covid Omicron.

The urgent care told him they tested for both strains of Covid?

I thought that type of analysis had to be done at further lab testing. Just wondering.

PSU 89
You continue to try and make civil and informed arguments for all side. Some of us appreciate that. Keep up the good work.

WPT. Where does 89 say it stops you from getting it? He said it works. I have been vaxxed and boosted. If I get Covid and it keeps me alive IT WORKS. You are becoming the other side of La Jolla. Nuance in his debate is completely gone. Too bad.

So this is a rather long post but in the interest in discussion I thought i would add it. Since it seems everyone's position is immediately cast in the extreme of which side you are on I thought I would clearly state my position from reading and listening to a lot over the last 2+ years.
Vaccines
I am vaxxed and boosted.
Fauci and CDC have a clear preference for mRNA. I believe it has little to do with this vaccine but they want this to become "the way of the future" When you research J&J it seems to be working pretty well.[see South Africa] and yet what you here is a replay of dta from 9 months ago.
It seems if the primary benefit of vaccines is for prevention of serious illness and death and not spreading why isn't a much more targeted approach main goal.?
While I believe the vaccines minimize the seriousness after a short time they seem to have little effect on catching spreading. [much oversold on where we started]
Therapeutics
I can't for the life of me figure out why we haven't produced and distributed more mono clonal anti bodies. In fact now we are going the other way.
Natural Immunity
We have had vaccines for about 100 year. What did humanity do for the first 3000 years? It seems to me if you deny natural immunity you almost have to say this virus is "not natural" and perhaps engineered.? What scares me is if Fauci et al are downplaying natural immunity do they no something we don't.
Masks
I wear one when I go into a store but am not sure why? i said a long time ago maybe they reuce the spread by 15-20% and that was just a guess.

All of that to lead to this post. I heard a podcast with Dr Aaron Kheriaty from UC Irvine Medical which leads to these questions.
. Masks Apparently Dr Gottleib and and the medical expert for CNN [Dr Leona Webb ?] both were quoted this weekend as saying unless you wear an N95 mask, masks do little good. Do those of you [La Jolla tgar, others] who denigrated anyone who even questioned masks still feel anyone wondering about masks is a right wing loon?
Natural Immunity Dr K spent 2 years working in the Covid ward at UC Irvine Medical. In July 2020 he contracted C and recovered. UC Irvine passed a vaccine mandate and he filed an exemption request based on already having had it. It was denied and he was fired. [case at the appeals level] When questioned about a recent Johns Hopkins study about the short lived nature of naturally acquired anti bodies he said the study only looked at antibodies which ALWAYS wane and NOT at the T cell B cell memory cells for the immune system. He said the closest known virus to Covid 19 is the original SARS virus circa 2003/4. He said these folks have natural immunity 17 years later and too think the NI for Covid 19 is not significantly longer than. the vaccines is silly. My next question for the same group is why the resistance to acknowledging NI.
Finally why the resistance to Mono clonal anti bodies?

Last edited:
Surely you remember when they stopped shipping MAB to Florida?

Also, two years in, shouldn’t production have been ramped up by now.

Don't whine about FL, they got their appropriate allocation. I guess the pharma's need to be asked about the production levels and capabilities. Why did you skip over the point that they don't seem to work on omicron?

Don't whine about FL, they got their appropriate allocation. I guess the pharma's need to be asked about the production levels and capabilities. Why did you skip over the point that they don't seem to work on omicron?
I skip over it because it isn’t clear at all yet.

It’s becoming quite clear the vaccines are not too efffective against Omicron.

Reactions: roswelllion
The urgent care told him they tested for both strains of Covid?

I thought that type of analysis had to be done at further lab testing. Just wondering.

Yes, but I can only relay what the patient and his wife told me. He has already lost 22 pounds in a week, so he is in no shape to be worrying about giving me more details. He said he was confused because when he tested in Jan 2021 they just took 1 swab. He said this time they took swab after swab after swab. I don't know if he got the results the same day or if there was a delay to send them to a lab.

Last edited:
The Omicron mutations which render the virus resistant to antibodies induced either by natural infection or vaccine also render them resistant to most monoclonal antibody treatments. Most does not mean all. At present, there are at least five well-characterized antibodies that retain potency against most variants of SARS-CoV-2 including Omicron.

The Omicron mutations which render the virus resistant to antibodies induced either by natural infection or vaccine also render them resistant to most monoclonal antibody treatments. Most does not mean all. At present, there are at least five well-characterized antibodies that retain potency against most variants of SARS-CoV-2 including Omicron.
So, it might work.

Better shut it down out of an abundance of caution we might give out a safe drug that might not work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT