ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

So leaving it up to the local school district for now is confusing? The ones with the actual boots on the ground and see what is going on versus some governors who have simply said there will be no mask mandates no matter what is going on. To only have the school districts where it is bad say F__K you we will still protect the kids. None of which has to do with the vaccine BTW where it's pretty clear you should get the jab.

Would would have thunk these governors are Politicians playing a game with our health? From the left and right....no kidding, but it's still not confusing unless you try and make it confusing or simply lack the ability to think for yourself.

You know who's not required to get the jab? Teachers and government union workers, even if they work in schools. I'm telling you, I've never seen such crystal clear messaging in my life. Top Public Health official: wear masks. Governor: sorry, not only are we following the science, we have other overriding concerns.

Some of you people must live in caves to think messaging has been fantastic.

Reactions: bison13
You know who's not required to get the jab? Teachers and government union workers, even if they work in schools. I'm telling you, I've never seen such crystal clear messaging in my life. Top Public Health official: wear masks. Governor: sorry, not only are we following the science, we have other overriding concerns.

Some of you people must live in caves to think messaging has been fantastic.
If you need to be told to get the jab, refer to my last paragraph in my previous post. Minus those that do have real medical conditions in which an actual medical doctor advises against it.

Would would have thunk these governors are Politicians playing a game with our health? From the left and right....no kidding, but it's still not confusing unless you try and make it confusing or simply lack the ability to think for yourself.

If you need to be told to get the jab, refer to my last paragraph in my previous post. Minus those that do have real medical conditions in which an actual medical doctor advises against it.

So you want to pretend you see the light while still defending the messaging and data manipulation? Fascinating.

So you want to pretend you see the light while still defending the messaging and data manipulation? Fascinating.
You keep acting confused and die on that sword. You really think you're on to something with it...so run with it. Let me know when our government puts fourth a united front on anything anymore...I'll wait. They work to divide the nation EVERY GD day, but you somehow still get by and have the ability to make decisions, but I could be wrong there.

You keep acting confused and die on that sword. You really think you're on to something with it...so run with it. Let me know when our government puts fourth a united front on anything anymore...I'll wait. They work to divide the nation EVERY GD day, but you somehow still get by and have the ability to make decisions.

On to something? Not me. In case you haven't noticed, there are plenty of people still defending the messaging and do not understand how it hurts even the simple message to get vaccinated. I'm just trying to enlighten their dumbasses. Maybe I'm just guilty of caring too much.

The thing that was so weird is that the sheer number of people, along with the amount of contact just doesn’t appear to jibe at all with the increased transmissibility of the Delta variant. I can only presume that the behavior we saw was typical for this summer and was not isolated to our brief period of observation. Delta had become the dominant strain in the US well before August, and yes, case counts have been rising, but not in the way most people would have anticipated.
I dunno, maybe we’ll both end up with COVID next week, but I can guarantee we will be two in a very big crowd.
Couldn't agree more. We are in SoCal right now and although all activities were outside in the matter of a week we went to the OC fair, a concert in the park, Balboa park in San Diego and dinner in the Gaslamp area in San Diego. Everything was packed and I would say less then 20% masked. The Gaslamp area has a couple streets blocked off for walking only and to allow more outdoor seating and it was like Mardi Gras it was so crowded. All outdoor but still....?

Seriously? His post literally said “2) Trump/Fox/ONN followers”. How could it not mean followers when that’s exactly what it said?
Ok you are correct. I read it as Trump [a person] and Fox and ONN followers since they are media outlets.[although I have no idea what ONN does]
Answer the 2nd part of my question. Why would a Trump "follower" not want the vaccine when their "leader" had antibodies from Covid, antibodies from mono clonal antibody treatment and still got the vaccine as soon as he was allowed. Further the damn vaccine is his legacy.

Ok you are correct. I read it as Trump [a person] and Fox and ONN followers since they are media outlets.[although I have no idea what ONN does]
Answer the 2nd part of my question. Why would a Trump "follower" not want the vaccine when their "leader" had antibodies from Covid, antibodies from mono clonal antibody treatment and still got the vaccine as soon as he was allowed. Further the damn vaccine is his legacy.
because it is fake news. Ask yourself this: we've seen a ton of people in hospitals dying or close to death with COVID. How many of those are minorities of kids under 25?

Why did that leader not disclose he got the jab like Bush Junior, Obama, and Clinton did for the nation to see? He didn't announce it until months later. Are you thinking there is a portion of the Trump crowd in the deep south/midewest who are carrying the vaccine numbers for the GOP currently? You know the Jesus is my vaccine pro life crowd or you do honestly just not know about these people since one man called all news he didn't like "fake news" or the media the "enemy of the state"? Countless "fake news" articles are out there, but then again that must be the bad messaging people are talking about?

Pssst, the left has a stubborn group too that refuse to get the jab which is impacting this country.....so we can drop the BS line people love to hide behind. If you are truly unaware of the red state hold outs or the blue inner city scared crowds....well then congrats the parties won and you are misinformed.

Last edited:
Reactions: tgar
Don't know. Don't care. I was simply correcting your misinterpretation of someone else's post. But since you asked, I don't actually believe Trump followers don't want the vaccine in any larger percentages than Biden followers. I just think their reasons are different. And hopefully those people are more easy to convince to get vaccinated once the FDA officially approves the vaccines.

You're off your rocker.
If the jabs were working, you wouldn't need a booster. You wouldn't see all the breakthrough cases. You wouldn't need masks. You wouldn't need to shame or fear those who who are not vaccinated. And you wouldn't have at least 12,000 deaths, just in this country, from the damn jabs!

It's confusing. A couple of weeks ago we were told that this is an epidemic of the unvaccinated and that 95% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated people. Now we're hearing that vaccines only help for 8 months. It's one thing to get vaccinated. It's another thing to keep getting boosters every 8 months and being told that you still have to wear a mask and that the vaccine is only 50% effective. That's a tough sell.

Agreed.

I think it would be an easier sell if delivered with some humility, with some admission of past mistakes, with some acknowledgement of the limitations of "expert" guidance, and without the now familiar scapegoating that appears designed as a distraction.

For example, if somebody stepped to the podium and said something along the lines of: Look, there are some unknowns, the virus is mutating, some previous judgments have not entirely held up, vaccines are not a guarantee against infection or hospitalization nor are they entirely risk-free but overall we believe the risk-benefit data, particularly the mortality statistics, still argue strongly for their use...though we will not attempt to force them on anybody.

Who knows, a little honesty and humility like that, conveying a basic respect for your audience, might do wonders.

The best and brightest have always been correct in everyone get vaccinated. Over 65 first, next segment after that all the way down to teenagers now. I have never heard messaging from the science or medical community that didn’t encourage every single available person to get vaccinated.

I have heard over and over unvaccinated dimwits double down with nonsense.

The scapegoating was inevitable as the body count of hospitalized without being vaccinated climbed to a significant level and rapidly.

Let’s be clear, other than if you can’t be vaccinated for a medical reason and you choose not to be vaccinated, you are part of the problem.

The current company line that you express above can't escape a fundamental contradiction:

If the vaccines are truly effective, then the unvaccinated are no threat to anyone but themselves.

But if the vaccines are not effective, then it makes no sense to demand that even those in relatively low-risk categories get them...despite potential side effects like myocarditis.

Naturally, however, our Best and Brightest want to have it both ways, which is a neat little trick...and one they typically get away with since they own the propaganda organs.

If the jabs were working, you wouldn't need a booster. You wouldn't see all the breakthrough cases. You wouldn't need masks. You wouldn't need to shame or fear those who who are not vaccinated. And you wouldn't have at least 12,000 deaths, just in this country, from the damn jabs!

LOL.... you're still off your rocker

You’re such a moron. Nothing you say is ever true.

The current company line that you express above can't escape a fundamental contradiction:

If the vaccines are truly effective, then the unvaccinated are no threat to anyone but themselves.

But if the vaccines are not effective, then it makes no sense to demand that even those in relatively low-risk categories get them...despite potential side effects like myocarditis.

Naturally, however, our Best and Brightest want to have it both ways, which is a neat little trick...and one they typically get away with since they own the propaganda organs.
There is no contradiction.

Only if you think having 85,000 unvaccinated covid patients occupy our hospitals across the country is sound public health policy. I don’t. My friends and neighbors and family members providing medical care at hospitals agree with this as well. The constant level of care, additional hours required and stress is burning many medical providers out.

BTW, I see that as of April, 72% of all health care plans are making unvaccinated patients pick up their co pays. Smart.

The vaccines are effective at keeping almost everyone out of the hospital. That is and has always been the primary purpose.

It’s really pretty simple.

Feels good to be one of the smart ones and be vaccinated doesn‘t it!

Reactions: locopsu and pa108
Agreed.

I think it would be an easier sell if delivered with some humility, with some admission of past mistakes, with some acknowledgement of the limitations of "expert" guidance, and without the now familiar scapegoating that appears designed as a distraction.

For example, if somebody stepped to the podium and said something along the lines of: Look, there are some unknowns, the virus is mutating, some previous judgments have not entirely held up, vaccines are not a guarantee against infection or hospitalization nor are they entirely risk-free but overall we believe the risk-benefit data, particularly the mortality statistics, still argue strongly for their use...though we will not attempt to force them on anybody.

Who knows, a little honesty and humility like that, conveying a basic respect for your audience, might do wonders.

That's called empathy. Apparently it's for campaign purposes only.

There is no contradiction.

Only if you think having 85,000 unvaccinated covid patients occupy our hospitals across the country is sound public health policy. I don’t. My friends and neighbors and family members providing medical care at hospitals agree with this as well. The constant level of care, additional hours required and stress is burning many medical providers out.

BTW, I see that as of April, 72% of all health care plans are making unvaccinated patients pick up their co pays. Smart.

The vaccines are effective at keeping almost everyone out of the hospital. That is and has always been the primary purpose.

It’s really pretty simple.

Feels good to be one of the smart ones and be vaccinated doesn‘t it!
In the FWIW dept.
Per the WSJ:FDA full approval of the Pfizer Covid 19 vaccine is expected next week.👍

Reactions: tgar
Agreed.

That would be nice but never going to happen - we have chaos overseas right now in Afghanistan and what do some politicians say “nothing to see, it’s all going according to plan” I mean really? How stupid do they think people are - admit things go wrong and we don’t always have all the answers and maybe just maybe you will retain a shred of credibility- the media lost there’s a long time ago.

That would be nice but never going to happen - we have chaos overseas right now in Afghanistan and what do some politicians say “nothing to see, it’s all going according to plan” I mean really? How stupid do they think people are - admit things go wrong and we don’t always have all the answers and maybe just maybe you will retain a shred of credibility- the media lost there’s a long time ago.

Biden, FAUCI. o_O , and the CDC got this. Just SHOT. THE. F*CK. UP. o_O and we’ll all be fine. And don’t forget your MASK. o_O .

Here's a quote published this morning from a former CDC Director, Tom Frieden, who appears to be coming to terms with the hard reality:

“We have to be humble about what we do know and what we don’t know...There are a few things we can say definitively. One is that this is a hard question to address.”

That's from a Bloomberg piece which rings alarm bells about the rising number of infections, to include the severe variety, in vaccinated people. From the article:

For the time being, there are simply more questions than answers. Are breakthrough infections ticking up because of the delta variant, waning immunity or a return to normal life? Are vaccinated people more vulnerable to severe illness than previously thought? Just how common are breakthrough infections? It’s anyone’s guess.

"It's anyone's guess." So public health officials should stop pretending that they know and stop formulating policy on the basis of an illusion of knowledge.

Reactions: wilbury and Omar81
Here's a quote published this morning from a former CDC Director, Tom Frieden, who appears to be coming to terms with the hard reality:

“We have to be humble about what we do know and what we don’t know...There are a few things we can say definitively. One is that this is a hard question to address.”

That's from a Bloomberg piece which rings alarm bells about the rising number of infections, to include the severe variety, in vaccinated people. From the article:

For the time being, there are simply more questions than answers. Are breakthrough infections ticking up because of the delta variant, waning immunity or a return to normal life? Are vaccinated people more vulnerable to severe illness than previously thought? Just how common are breakthrough infections? It’s anyone’s guess.

"It's anyone's guess." So public health officials should stop pretending that they know and stop formulating policy on the basis of an illusion of knowledge.

Have you got a link to this interview? Thanks.

Yep. We need to keep moving forward and let people make decisions for themselves. No more lockdowns, no more restrictions on attendance capacities, etc.

What happened to Lock. It. Down. ???

Upcoming elections. Upcoming elections now take precedence over politicians' desires to 'do the right thing.' Look at that democratic crackpot in Michigan who suddenly went from going way past the 'science' to completely ignoring her top health expert.

Upcoming elections. Upcoming elections now take precedence over politicians' desires to 'do the right thing.' Look at that democratic crackpot in Michigan who suddenly went from going way past the 'science' to completely ignoring her top health expert.
Actually what she said is she will leave it up to the local officials which isn't preventing those schools from doing what they feel is right.....but I don't hear a f--king thing from you about DeathSantis....odd how that works, isn't it. So let me guess the GOP governor barring any mask mandates is fine, one choosing not to punish schools that push for one is the evil villain. You have to be the worst mental gymnast around to sell that BS to yourself. Let me guess, you're now the GOP guy that is for big brother mandating to local governments.

Reactions: cntblvitsbutter
Actually what she said is she will leave it up to the local officials which isn't preventing those schools from doing what they feel is right.....but I don't hear a f--king thing from you about DeathSantis....odd how that works, isn't it. So let me guess the GOP governor barring any mask mandates is fine, one choosing not to punish schools that push for one is the evil villain. You have to be the worst mental gymnast around to sell that BS to yourself. Let me guess, you're now the GOP guy that is for big brother mandating to local governments.

You are incorrect. The whack job in Michigan flat out contradicted the top health official in the state and said she wasn't following the science. DeSantis is on the same page as his health official, and always has been. I just find it fascinating that Michigan's whack job governor has had no trouble exceeding health care recommendations in the past, and now is suddenly doing the opposite to the point of contradicting and over ruling the top health care official in the state.

In fairness, Michigan did think sending covid positive patients into nursing homes was a good idea, while DeSantis and Florida recognized sending infectious patients into nursing homes is anti-science. I guess the Michigan whack job does have a point in questioning her top health official's lack of scientifically based judgment, so, good for her, and good for Michigan residents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT