ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trustee Nomination Ballot (should I vote and who)?

mdking001

Oct 22, 2001
I just got the final reminder. Who does the board support and is it worth me voting? In past years especially after the monster, people were passionate and endorsed some high quality sounding candidates. But I haven't seen that this time around.

TO: Mr. Michael D. King

SUBJECT: Final Reminder -- Trustee Nomination Ballot

It's not too late to cast your nomination online for candidates for trustees elected by the alumni. The alumni elect three trustees annually for three-year terms and the call for nominations is now underway.

Just click on the link below to nominate up to three candidates for membership. Your unique election credentials are provided below--please visit the URL below and log in with the credentials provided. Once you have voted, your credentials will expire, so this message may not be forwarded to other individuals for voting purposes.

To Vote Click Here

I just got the final reminder. Who does the board support and is it worth me voting? In past years especially after the monster, people were passionate and endorsed some high quality sounding candidates. But I haven't seen that this time around.

TO: Mr. Michael D. King

SUBJECT: Final Reminder -- Trustee Nomination Ballot

It's not too late to cast your nomination online for candidates for trustees elected by the alumni. The alumni elect three trustees annually for three-year terms and the call for nominations is now underway.

Just click on the link below to nominate up to three candidates for membership. Your unique election credentials are provided below--please visit the URL below and log in with the credentials provided. Once you have voted, your credentials will expire, so this message may not be forwarded to other individuals for voting purposes.

To Vote Click Here

I nominated Brandon Short and the one woman who is going to raise hell.

Reactions: BBrown
In past years especially after the monster, people were passionate and endorsed some high quality sounding candidates
Currently, incumbent trustees seeking nomination include Anthony P. Lubrano (1982), Ryan J. McCombie (1970) and Robert J. Tribeck (1991). Challenger candidates are: Robert J. Bowsher (1986), Alvin deLevie (1973), Barry Fenchak (1984), Brandon Short (1999), Laurie A. Stanell (1980) and J. Jeffrey Wojciechowski (1969)."

My personal choice for nomination were the names in "red" & consideration for Brandon Short.

Reactions: stormingnorm
Does PS4RS still get involved in this? I’ve heard nothing from them lately.

Nominated de Levie, Short, and Stanell. Even if they don't win this time I'd like to see them on the ballot to build momentum for future elections.

Yes, you should vote. I can't tell you for whom, but my recommended criteria are for the person(s) who have the potential for:

a. getting stuff done for the benefit of PSU;

b. creating the greatest discomfort for board members like Dambly and Lubert

preferably both.

Reactions: stormingnorm
I just submitted my nominations. They are:

Barry J Fenchak 1984 Barry is the only candidate who has voiced a strong opinion about the financial health of the University AND the academic reputation of the University. One thing is certain with this candidate...Barry isn't going to be a sheep. He may have to tone it down a bit, but that is far easier to accomplish than attempting to get a sheep to stand up to the wolves. Frankly, there is zero risk with nominating him yet a huge potential upside.

Laurie A Stanell 1989 Laurie has been active/present at most of the BOT and seems to have to type of gumption the board needs.

Anthony P Lubrano 1982 Anthony seems to be only current board member who has attempted to right this listing ship. It's a tall order but he is getting my vote for another term.

Confirmation#: 17580182213337874
Date: February 17, 2018
Time: 4:33 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
receipt2_selectiontop.gif

Nominee 1
  • First Name (Barry)
    M.I. (J)
    Last Name (Fenchak)
    Class Year (1984)
Nominee 2
  • First Name (Laurie)
    M.I. (A)
    Last Name (Stanell)
    Class Year (1980)
Nominee 3