ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Reviving Friday Jukebox

Here's a Christmas Eve song. Beware there's a couple f-bombs in it.

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Mojo Nixon has left the building. He had a cardiac event on an Outlaw Country Cruise where he was a performer and a co-host. Now he can go hang out with Elvis in the afterlife, even though Elvis is here now because Elvis is everywhere. Here is his most famous song. He had some interesting tunes. Just looking up the song titles gives you a good laugh. RIP Mojo.

Mojo Nixon has left the building. He had a cardiac event on an Outlaw Country Cruise where he was a performer and a co-host. Now he can go hang out with Elvis in the afterlife, even though Elvis is here now because Elvis is everywhere. Here is his most famous song. He had some interesting tunes. Just looking up the song titles gives you a good laugh. RIP Mojo.

I never heard of him until today. Sounds like 1950s early rock and roll. Blue Suede Shoes cones to mind. RIP

Karl Wallinger has died. He was in The Waterboys in the 1980s, who I didn't know much about, and then he formed World Party, which I had a couple albums from and I knew some of their other songs too. World Party was the name of the band but as I understand it it was basically Karl Wallinger doing everything and then when they'd tour he'd get a band because obviously he couldn't do everything himself when playing it live.

Here is a song from World Party's first album, Private Revolution. This got some play on MTV back in the day and it's a really good tune.

The album after that was Goodbye Jumbo and I had that one and I liked it a lot. Here are a few songs from that one. RIP Karl.

Happy birthday Nancy Wilson (70)

One of my all time favorite's!!!!

Crazy women doing their thing!!!

I love when she is winding up the guitar solo, goes and gets a different pic, and hunches down like a snake ready to spring, and just goes for it as the song really revs up. Heart is in Pittsburgh in May, but we have so much going on (for us old people) in May I wasn't working on the boss too hard, but I just got a 2 for 1 from PPG Paints so I may have to get tickets tonight!

Last edited:
Reactions: WaylonJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT