ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Reviving Friday Jukebox

This is awesome! I never would have heard of this had you not posted it. I love her performance and the venue.
and in answer too the question "where did Jerry Garcia come up with his inspiration?"

and if there is any question if music comes to us from some higher place......

Last edited:
I just ran across this for the first time in a long time. If you don't like long intros then just go straight to 0:45.

This crew played State College a few weeks back. Great show. Fiddle player was also a D1 golfer. Tyminski best known for being in Alison Krauss' band and "Man of Constant Sorrow" from O Brother Where Art Thou.

This from the actual show at State Theatre on the 31st

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own

Now u make think I'm Phoolin, 4 the Boomer thangs I do,
U may wonder y I act a Jersey hillbilly when u get on muh nerves like ya do

I just read that Andy Rourke died. I didn't know who Andy Rourke was. The only member of The Smiths that I knew were Morrissey and Johnny Marr. But it turns out Andy Rourke was their bass player.

On top of writing music, here's an example of what Brian Wilson could do with music that had already been written and performed. First is the original Hushabye, by The Mystics in 1959, then is The Beach Boys version in 1964. Quite a difference.

Here's another one. First is Sloop John B by The Kingston Trio in 1958, then is The Beach Boys version in 1966. It almost doesn't even sound like the same song.

No one is better than Dolly
She wrote this song to Porter Wagner when she left his show to headline. It is a love song about filio love of two close friends.

This song's been out a number of years but I recently discovered it. Love it.

What is amazing is that Boston didn’t even exist as a band when most the first album was recorded. Almost all instruments were done by Tom Scholz, who had a masters degree from MIT. He had a friend do drums and another do the vocals. The demo tapes got attention from the studios but when it came time for a live audition he had to scramble to find guys to play all the instruments.

Interesting read on Wiki.

• Love
Reactions: jjw165
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT