ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Penn College kids going to cook at KY Derby

by the time they are finished, do you think they will still enjoy a Hot Brown?? And if you're lucky they will bring back the recipe for Burgoo.

I'm very happy to see Penn College getting more exposure and advertisement. They offer very good programs and I would like to see more young people take advantage of the technical courses.

By the way, Thank you fellows, never heard of burggo before. Goggled it to find more info.

burgoo-b.jpg

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
Thurs-Sun. Never been before.
well, fyi- Friday is the Makers Mark Mile- so that will be a big deal. I hadn't been to many tracks before I went to Keeneland, mostly to Pamlico in Baltimore. At Pamlico it was like a caricature of tracks (this was the late 70s 80s) a bunch of wino's hanging around, blue jeans etc etc. Keeneland is nothing like that, it is beautiful, it has plenty of parking (as far as I remember free) and there will be lots of people dressed up, that is they will be in Kakis, Jacket and tie (there is a dress code for some of the club houses, but not the grand stand), many of the ladies will be in their finest, the later in the week, the more dressy it gets (weather dependent too) The Paddock is right behind the track, so many people bounce back and forth between the grand stand, and going to watch the jockey's warm up the horses, saddle etc before the next race. Its really cool to watch. Also for what its worth, at that paddock, on the 'back wall' so to speak, there is a huge TV screen, in the fall they will have a football game on, I don't know about the spring, but it would not surprise me if they have the Masters on. You'll be impressed by Keeneland, hoping it doesn't rain!!

I'm very happy to see Penn College getting more exposure and advertisement. they have very good programs and I would like to see more young people take advantage of technical courses.

By the way, Thank you fellows, never heard of burggo before. Goggled it to find more info.

burgoo-b.jpg
hey that stuff is the best!! a whole lot like beef stew, but kicked up to notches unknown!! And for a mass crowd, the track does a good job with it, imho.

Reactions: step.eng69
well, fyi- Friday is the Makers Mark Mile- so that will be a big deal. I hadn't been to many tracks before I went to Keeneland, mostly to Pamlico in Baltimore. At Pamlico it was like a caricature of tracks (this was the late 70s 80s) a bunch of wino's hanging around, blue jeans etc etc. Keeneland is nothing like that, it is beautiful, it has plenty of parking (as far as I remember free) and there will be lots of people dressed up, that is they will be in Kakis, Jacket and tie (there is a dress code for some of the club houses, but not the grand stand), many of the ladies will be in their finest, the later in the week, the more dressy it gets (weather dependent too) The Paddock is right behind the track, so many people bounce back and forth between the grand stand, and going to watch the jockey's warm up the horses, saddle etc before the next race. Its really cool to watch. Also for what its worth, at that paddock, on the 'back wall' so to speak, there is a huge TV screen, in the fall they will have a football game on, I don't know about the spring, but it would not surprise me if they have the Masters on. You'll be impressed by Keeneland, hoping it doesn't rain!!

Thanks, I'm going with a veteran buddy of mine who's been there many times. I've been to Pimlico a few times for the Susan. It's indeed a dump but it does have its charm. I've been to a lot of tracks but never Keeneland....Belmont, Monmouth, Saratoga, Pim, Philly, Pen, PID. Saratoga and Monmouth are nice but like you say, my buddy is telling me KEE is better. Wear something PSU so I'll know ya, I'll buy you a drink. I want to see all the tracks I can. Some guys do ballparks, I like tracks. Other than that, look for me at the MAC machine, I'll probably be there a lot. :eek:

Thanks, I'm going with a veteran buddy of mine who's been there many times. I've been to Pimlico a few times for the Susan. It's indeed a dump but it does have its charm. I've been to a lot of tracks but never Keeneland....Belmont, Monmouth, Saratoga, Pim, Philly, Pen, PID. Saratoga and Monmouth are nice but like you say, my buddy is telling me KEE is better. Wear something PSU so I'll know ya, I'll buy you a drink. I want to see all the tracks I can. Some guys do ballparks, I like tracks. Other than that, look for me at the MAC machine, I'll probably be there a lot. :eek:
I'll let you know what I am wearing , and see you there. FWIW the great state of WV has Yuengling beer, but I don't think KY does, that said, I figure a lot of Markers is going to be spilled!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT