ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Oregon or Utah?

Yeah, I'm sort of a utah fan tonight, i like seeing traditional mid tier teams punching above their weight class.

Reactions: psute
Yeah, I'm sort of a utah fan tonight, i like seeing traditional mid tier teams punching above their weight class.
Thanks. Hard to believe we are only 8 years out from being non AQ, AKA G5 in today's enviornment...

Reactions: psu00
Utah capitalizes on the committee not realizing yet another Pac 12 team cruises to a high ranking while playing a crap schedule

I'm rooting for Utah for no fact-based reasoning other that the following:

1) I dislike the highly-duplicitous Phil Knight
2) Oregon is always so "gimmicky"
3) Kyle Whittingham seems like nice, normal defensive-minded head coach

Other than that criteria, I think either Oregon or Utah will soundly defeat Wisconsin in their BIG influenced smokey-back room, orchestrated Rose Bowl appearance. But that's just me.

Reactions: wilbury
Imagine where they’d be with Manny Bowen?
Hey stormin, what happened to Manny, did he actually physically & mentally digress from the football environment? I could see that happening, given circumstances that might spoil one's altitude toward the sport. Does Manning actually have a career goal in mind outside of playing sports? I wish the best for him. Have an opinion? Thanks Tom

If Utah wins, looks like they would see Ohio State in the semi's... I'm not sure how they would matchup vs OSU...

If Utah wins, looks like they would see Ohio State in the semi's... I'm not sure how they would matchup vs OSU...
Utah runs the ball well and is stout against the run. They have not faced an offense the likes of tOSU though. The Bucknuts look like they can just line up and run on just about any CFB team. OTOH, Utah's offensive balance is damn impressive -

2800 yards rushing
2868 yards passing

UM exposed some chinks in tOSU defense. They moved the ball real well.

I still have a feeling that tOSU has a bit more overall talent than Utah and should win that one going away. Also, Fields makes them different.

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69
Nice drive by oregon with great playcalling. Maybe Rahne can take notes on how to keep a good defense off balance.

Turning on the game. I think there are more PSU fans on this board than fans at the game.

the pac12 should be embarrassed

Reactions: mn78psu83
Wow - Oregon has a walk-in TD on the blocked punt if he doesn’t bobble it out-of-bounds.

At least Oregon isn’t wearing those neon green uniforms tonight...:D

I don’t know who will win this game..... but one thing I’ve known all year is that Utah isnt one of the best 12 teams in the country - - - let alone #5.

I’d have to give it a little thought...... But I’m thinking they’d be somewhere around the 6th or 7th team in the SEC - and probably 5th or 6th in the B10.

The P12 is a joke right now...... the ACC without Clemson.
Yeah, I was trying to give them credit going in to a potential match-up with tOSU. The Bucknuts by 5 TDs +.

Reactions: step.eng69
Utah deserves to fall out of the NY6 if they lose. The only place they could go would be the cotton bowl anyway.

They would be 0-2 against ranked teams and their best win would be 7-5 Washington. It’s exactly the reason Bama dropped. Teams that are 0-2 against ranked teams have proven they don’t belong in the NY6

No inside dope....... but if I recall correctly, he went out to Utah, and then decided he didn’t want to “do football” anymore.
It’s floating around in my head that he got involved in the music biz somehow someway - - - but someone else may have better (or more correct) info.
Thanks stormin, at 70 plus yrs, I feel that our youth are so deprived of the nectar of real life. Not considering Manny, but our children, ln my case, grandchildren.
Will have to GIS Manny to find his position in life, I hope he's got a plan.

He looked to be a potential Sunday player IMO..... but if that’s not really what you want to do, no use fooling yourself
Thank you Stormin

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT