ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Let's Go Wildcats!

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
Oklahoma-Villanova might turn out to be a classic. Buddy Hield, he's a stone-cold gunner, a joy to watch. And VIllanova, well, my roots are Big Five so, this coming from a long-time Penn and Georgetown fan, I'll be rooting for them, a fine team that worked their asses off to get to the game tonight.

Reactions: cyrizzle
Villanova's one hell of a defensive team.....12:36 without a foul sets a new NCAA record!

Sooners were Laters on that last possession.

Hopefully Nova doesn't become Cavalier in the 2nd half.

Oklahoma-Villanova might turn out to be a classic. Buddy Hield, he's a stone-cold gunner, a joy to watch. And VIllanova, well, my roots are Big Five so, this coming from a long-time Penn and Georgetown fan, I'll be rooting for them, a fine team that worked their asses off to get to the game tonight.

Or it might be a blowout - about as good a half of basketball as you can play. Hitting 67% of your shots in a facility with an NCAA reputation for poor shooting Is as impressive as it gets.

20 minutes to go. We keep playing at such a high level, we'll be good, but Heild is such a terrific player. Got to keep denying him and make someone else beat us.

Glad to be up 14. Generally I like to be up 20, then slowly pull away . . . .

I agree. Now that there's no one in the Tourney that I care about, I guess I'm rooting for Nova. Might be good for Penn State to have a National Champ from the State of Pennsylvania.

I know one thing. WhoEVER wins this game will become my favorite team Monday! I don't even know if I'll watch Sorryexcuse vs North Cheatolina. Neither of those two teams even deserve to be playing basketball right now. If Nova wins, it will DEFINETELY be the good guys vs the bad guys Monday night.

I don't say this much, but GO NOVA! :)

Man, the officiating is really screwing OU. 5-21 this half. All on the officials.
This is reminiscent of when UNLV annihilated Duke in the NC game. I don't know if there's been a FF blowout like this since.
This might be the first time I've ever seen an Oklahoma team quit during a game. Villanova took their will to compete completely away from them.

Also reminiscent of Villanova (90) over undefeated Penn (47) in the 1971 eastern regional final.

Future PSU head coach Dick Harter left Penn for Oregon State after that one.

Last edited:
Man, the officiating is really screwing OU. 5-21 this half. All on the officials.

This might be the first time I've ever seen an Oklahoma team quit during a game. Villanova took their will to compete completely away from them.
It was a quit. Not a good look for anybody. It's hard for the players when you're getting killed and your season is over so close to the big prize. But you're absolutely right. VU made them quit. Just a legendary performance tonight.

95-51. I didn't know it was the UConn women playing chokelahoma.

Also reminiscent of Villanova (90) over undefeated Penn (47) in the 1971 eastern regional final.

Future PSU head coach Dick Harter left for Oregon State after that one.
Penn beat us during the season in some kind of crazy low scoring game. Then in the Final Eight, it was good night Irene. Boy Penn had some coaches on that staff, including a young guy named Phelps who turned out to be pretty good.

Oklahoma-Villanova might turn out to be a classic. Buddy Hield, he's a stone-cold gunner, a joy to watch. And VIllanova, well, my roots are Big Five so, this coming from a long-time Penn and Georgetown fan, I'll be rooting for them, a fine team that worked their asses off to get to the game tonight.[/QUOT
congratulations lionjim on the great win by the Villanova Wildcats my wife has been keeping me informed throughout the game go Villanova I have several colleagues that are graduates of Villanova and a pretty good guys over and out step

Well it did turn out to be a classic but not in the way you probably expected. Largest margin of victory in the history of the final four. Now Penn is off the hook losing by 34 to MSU in 1979.

Well it did turn out to be a classic but not in the way you probably expected. Largest margin of victory in the history of the final four. Now Penn is off the hook losing by 34 to MSU in 1979.
I'm a lifelong Penn fan so that's good news. (I hope I get credit for being a good sport regarding the 90-47 game. I loved that Penn team and it was a crushing loss for this thirteen-year-old.)

This is reminiscent of when UNLV annihilated Duke in the NC game. I don't know if there's been a FF blowout like this since.

Agree. I've never seen anything like that in a Final Four game
Oklahoma gave up once challenged. Not sure if VU is that good or Okie just quit
Buddy was discouraged after missing a few threes and didn't even look for a shot.
Shocking.

I'm a lifelong Penn fan so that's good news. (I hope I get credit for being a good sport regarding the 90-47 game. I loved that Penn team and it was a crushing loss for this thirteen-year-old.)
My father was a Penn grad and Penn was my second choice. I too loved that Penn team and I was very happy when Harter came to Penn State. But alas...

Reactions: LionJim
That Penn team is the answer to a great trivia question. They are the only undefeated D1 BBall team not to win the NC. When Howard Porter was ruled ineligible it wiped that game off the books

Boonie Salters and Tony Price have broken out the Champagne 1972 Dolphins style

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
That Penn team is the answer to a great trivia question. They are the only undefeated D1 BBall team not to win the NC. When Howard Porter was ruled ineligible it wiped that game off the books
Not for me. For the benefit of those who don't know the story, Villanova did not cheat. Porter signed with the ABA before his eligibility was up. (The story is that the ABA Commissioner left Porter's contract in an open briefcase for some sportswriter to see.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT