ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Ken Frazier named CEO of the Year

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
Merck’s Ken Frazier Named Chief Executive’s 2021 CEO of the Year
Merck’s Ken Frazier, 2021 CEO of the Year
Chief Executive magazine today announced that Ken Frazier, Chairman and CEO of Merck, has been named 2021 Chief Executive of the Year by his peer CEOs.
Frazier was selected by an independent committee that recognized his exceptional long-term leadership: a decade of unprecedented transformation and growth at Merck—with powerful results for shareholders, patients and society.
Since becoming Chairman and CEO in 2011, Frazier has led a refocus at Merck on research, including early research, which resulted in numerous breakthrough products that provide far-reaching benefits to society—including the cancer blockbuster Keytruda. The committee also recognized his years of commitment to racial equality and social justice issues.
“Ken is an extraordinary individual who defines the meaning of leadership, not only in the corporate world but in society as well,” said Tom Quinlan, Chairman, President and CEO of LSC Communications and a longtime member of the selection committee. “This is evident from the results and milestones Merck has achieved during his tenure coupled with the courageous actions Ken has taken over the years to improve our society.”
“Ken Frazier is a world-class CEO,” said Dan Glaser, President and CEO, Marsh & McLennan. “He delivered excellent financial performance over a sustained period and, more importantly, he demonstrated courage and visible leadership during these troubled times.”
As a strong, public advocate for social justice and economic inclusion, Frazier is the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including the Anti-Defamation League Courage Against Hate Award, the Botwinick Prize in Business Ethics from Columbia Business School, the Legend in Leadership Award from the Yale School of Management, the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund National Equal Justice Award, and the National Minority Quality Forum’s Lifetime Achievement Award. He is co-founder and co-chair of OneTen, a coalition of leading organizations committed to upskilling, hiring and promoting one million Black Americans into family-sustaining jobs

Reactions: WaylonJ
ken-frazier-headshot-742x1024.jpeg
Merck’s Ken Frazier, 2021 CEO of the Year

I see the three finalists for the award were Frazier, Kim Jung Un, and Satan. I demand a recount.
so what you are saying is Frazier, Kim Jung Un, and Trump (the MSM Satan and Hitler all in one) were finalists. Trump demands a recount.

I'm sure race had nothing to do with this!
wow - it is a sad reflection on the times that many believe accolades are not given entirely on merit but more on the color of your skin to compliment any worthiness. I am not implying Frazier is not worthy even though I am no fan of how he handled the Sandusky problem. It is just that society nowadays has made race a driving factor in everything. We seem to have overcorrected on equality and as a result people see color first and it cheapens true merit.

Reactions: indynittany
wow - it is a sad reflection on the times that many believe accolades are not given entirely on merit but more on the color of your skin to compliment any worthiness. I am not implying Frazier is not worthy even though I am no fan of how he handled the Sandusky problem. It is just that society nowadays has made race a driving factor in everything. We seem to have overcorrected on equality and as a result people see color first and it cheapens true merit.
Yes, very sad.

It’s pervasive. Can‘t escape it. Just look at all the all-black shows on TV now. There is even Allblk.tv now. Imagine if someone tried to develop Allwht.tv.

I give Frazier credit for screwing families devastated by Vioxx. I don't care what color he is......

Reactions: Fizz1 and Ski
CEO Magazine isn’t for us or people who look like us.
Oops...meant to delete that part. I typed it then deleted it, I thought. I'll delete the original post. I have no idea how this is done but I've been part of various "best places to work" and "executive of the year" awards that were gamed.

People have seen color first for centuries. It was just a different color.

So, he gets rehabilitated, but the vaunted and esteemed bot of penn state cannot bring themselves to publicly honor and respect Joe’s service to the university.

It has been a decade and peetze’s prediction that it would all be forgotten by now has not yet happened.

Reactions: indynittany
So, he gets rehabilitated, but the vaunted and esteemed bot of penn state cannot bring themselves to publicly honor and respect Joe’s service to the university.

It has been a decade and peetze’s prediction that it would all be forgotten by now has not yet happened.

Brandon Short said it's keeping donations down.

Brandon Short said it's keeping donations down.
I believe that it should be part of a person’s decision on if or how much to donate. The bot treatment of Joe and Sue has been and continues to be disrespectful. Collectively, the bot cannot find the intestinal fortitude to do what is right. Each and everyone of them, past and present, should be ashamed of their continual, insulting disrespect.

This thread is very interesting. I don't visit this board as much as I did many years ago so I didn't even realize that some folks on this board had an opinion on Mr Frazier one way or the other. Reading through I'm kinda getting the gist of things. So be it.
I looked to him as a professional role model since he was a CEO in my industry who graduated from my Alma mater.
On a local level, I just wish he would spend more time in North Philly because he is a legend in those parts but only amongst the older folks. Most of the legends from that part of town became so because of music, sports, or something along those lines and those are the names the kids know. It's absolutely amazing what this man has accomplished considering his background and I wish more kids from that area could grasp that there is a way out that doesn't require a ball or a recording contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT