ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Ken Frazier named CEO of the Year

This thread is very interesting. I don't visit this board as much as I did many years ago so I didn't even realize that some folks on this board had an opinion on Mr Frazier one way or the other. Reading through I'm kinda getting the gist of things. So be it.
I looked to him as a professional role model since he was a CEO in my industry.
On a local level, I just wish he would spend more time in North Philly because he is a legend in those parts but only amongst the older folks. Most of the legends from that part of town became so because of music, sports, or something along those lines and those are the names the kids know. It's absolutely amazing what this man has accomplished considering his background and I wish more kids from that area could grasp that there is a way out that doesn't require a ball or a recording contract.

Which is ironic considering how much more expensive he has made PSU for people from those and every other area.

This thread is very interesting. I don't visit this board as much as I did many years ago so I didn't even realize that some folks on this board had an opinion on Mr Frazier one way or the other. Reading through I'm kinda getting the gist of things. So be it.
I looked to him as a professional role model since he was a CEO in my industry who graduated from my Alma mater.
On a local level, I just wish he would spend more time in North Philly because he is a legend in those parts but only amongst the older folks. Most of the legends from that part of town became so because of music, sports, or something along those lines and those are the names the kids know. It's absolutely amazing what this man has accomplished considering his background and I wish more kids from that area could grasp that there is a way out that doesn't require a ball or a recording contract.

Reactions: AvgUser
Make it a double steel cage match. Put John Surma in a cage with Mike Mauti!
I've proposed several times that we have a 2011 Board of Trustee appreciation game. Tickets are 1k, sell 100,000k tickets....I'd buy several myself. Bring the misanthropes out to the 50 yard line at half time and see if there is enough security on duty. Lots of revenue for the football program.

ADVERTISEMENT