ADVERTISEMENT

OT: It was the third of June...

... on that summer day
when I became a man
at the hands of a girl almost twice my age ...

-- Neil Diamond "Desiree" 1977

just what did they throw off the Talahatchie bridge?
Nothing was thrown. But it was the day Billy Joe McAllister jumped off the bridge.

The song references something thrown by Billy Joe and the narrator but it appeared to have been thrown prior to June 3. And it never gives a clear indication of what that is. It's left to listener imagination.

Last edited:
just what did they throw off the Talahatchie bridge?
My guesses: 1) A baby 2) No clue

Supposedly the hand-written lyrics:

gentry_bobbie_ode_001.jpg

Last edited:
It was the third of September.
A day I'll always remember

LOL ball buster, I thought you were remaining neutral the condescending attitude toward Pitt. :oops:
Oh, that has changed. They are our BIGGEST RIVALS. I know that from the many, many, many threads and posts here. I don't know if I would consider my post condescending though. I was just having some fun with our OLDEST RIVAL.

PITT/PENN STATE. EMBRACE THE RIVALRY. (I have.;))

Reactions: step.eng69
Oh, that has changed. They are our BIGGEST RIVALS. I know that from the many, many, many threads and posts here. I don't know if I would consider my post condescending though. I was just having some fun with our OLDEST RIVAL.

PITT/PENN STATE. EMBRACE THE RIVALRY. (I have.;))
Not YOU.....US
Fixed it.....
LOL ball buster, I thought you were remaining neutral concerning our condescending attitude toward Pitt. :oops:

Not YOU.....US
Fixed it.....
LOL ball buster, I thought you were remaining neutral concerning our condescending attitude toward Pitt. :oops:
All I know step, is that Pitt is our oldest, fiercest rival. That will never change, even if we don't play them for 150 years. For so long I railed against the many Panther threads here, but now I welcome them. They point to a rivalry I thought had died, but it lives on in the hearts of every fan of both schools, whether they admit it or not.

When it comes to Penn State rivals, "Pitt is it".

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT