ADVERTISEMENT

OT "If I fall in a gorilla cage, help the gorillas"

Williams doesn't sound like the brightest bulb. That gorilla would kill him within a few minutes, if that.

Sure but it's all bravado and smack. Of course it's a terrible shame the animal was shot but Williams' bluster is pretty funny. He'll catch hell for it though, for sure.
Boy, people sure viciously whaled on the mother of that kid,eh? How many thousands of people signed that petition to have her arrested?
Did anyone ever show a pic of the enclosure he crawled thru? If a kid can crawl in with harambe could they also climb in with Tony the tiger or The Lion King?

Boy, people sure viciously whaled on the mother of that kid,eh? How many thousands of people signed that petition to have her arrested?
Did anyone ever show a pic of the enclosure he crawled thru? If a kid can crawl in with harambe could they also climb in with Tony the tiger or The Lion King?

It's O.K. because PEOPLE. ARE. OUTRAGED. :eek:

:eek:

:eek:

Reactions: BBrown and 91Joe95

I was just thinking how all these kids are getting past these barriers meant to separate humans from really, really big wild animals (boy and wild African dogs). I'm going to give Williams the benefit of the doubt and think he was actually mocking the absurdity of the press' reaction and priorities for caring more about an animal than a four year old boy.

Reactions: Marshall30
I was just thinking how all these kids are getting past these barriers meant to separate humans from really, really big wild animals (boy and wild African dogs). I'm going to give Williams the benefit of the doubt and think he was actually mocking the absurdity of the press' reaction and priorities for caring more about an animal than a four year old boy.

200_s.gif

Agree. My post is about how the crowd reacts to stuff. I think there is not a small amount of fear in a reaction which, without seeing a picture of the enclosure or hearing any explanation whatever the exact way the kid got in or how long he was left alone, the crowd blamed the mother, period. OVER 400,000 have signed a Change.org petition which began as a direct call for the mother to be charged; now the language has been modified somewhat.

Of course, lots of people did the same thing in the Sandusky case, blaming all sorts of people, including the mothers of some of the victims, for what happened. Why do people do this?

I think fear is the motivator. When I would see a story about a woman getting murdered by her husband/boyfriend, with the fact included as it often is that the perp had abused her in the past, I would say, 'Why didn't she leave?"

I have since found out that 2/3ds of all intimate partner homicides of females occur after she leaves. Its the most dangerous time of her life. So, maybe she did not leave because she was afraid he would kill her. I was then caused to question why I would accept such an easy way of dismissing the matter despite the easily gathered info that there is a very good, sensible reason why she might not have left. Why was I so stupid? Fear. I have daughters, sisters, friends and their children. If I do not want to confront the danger they face, I have to make sure that victim is different from them, and that they would not make such a "dangerous choice" as to stay with an abuser. That way I could set this case away from my kids and friends kids.

What does this have to do with the gorilla? Simple. When you see that kid getting flung through the water, you see your own kid. Ahhhhh..."But that wouldn't happen to MY kid because....." "The mother's an idiot and must have done something wrong. Let's start a petition!" Justice for Harambe!

Once you start watching for this dynamic, you will see as I have that it is everywhere. What people think, especially about the death or abuse of an innocent person, is often driven by an overwhelming desire to calm their OWN fears that it could happen to them. If that means you throw a murder victim or a frightened mother or a venerable football coach under the bus, then under the bus they go. Your heart will override your brain to make the pain go away.

I do it too, as I said at the beginning, so I am not pretending to have an answer.

It's like this...be close to your kid in all kinds of environments. Be a "helicopter parent". You'll be better off.

Only an ass leaves their kid unattended.

That's going to have to be an awfully big "benefit" I don't think Williams is smart enough to "mock" anyone.
I hate Twitter but it sure does reveal idiots.

Last edited:
The point is he was talking shit and it was pretty funny, IMO. I doubt his intent was to have a literal test of physical superiority with a gorilla, nor do I think he was cheerleading the death of the beast. He was clowning the Cincinnati Bengals with the gorilla as a vector. Could he have chosen a better vector, Victor? Of course.

I am calling for a Litmus test for parents to visit the zoo followed by a litmus test for humans over the age of 10 to reproduce in the first place.

Agree. My post is about how the crowd reacts to stuff. I think there is not a small amount of fear in a reaction which, without seeing a picture of the enclosure or hearing any explanation whatever the exact way the kid got in or how long he was left alone, the crowd blamed the mother, period. OVER 400,000 have signed a Change.org petition which began as a direct call for the mother to be charged; now the language has been modified somewhat.

Of course, lots of people did the same thing in the Sandusky case, blaming all sorts of people, including the mothers of some of the victims, for what happened. Why do people do this?

I think fear is the motivator. When I would see a story about a woman getting murdered by her husband/boyfriend, with the fact included as it often is that the perp had abused her in the past, I would say, 'Why didn't she leave?"

I have since found out that 2/3ds of all intimate partner homicides of females occur after she leaves. Its the most dangerous time of her life. So, maybe she did not leave because she was afraid he would kill her. I was then caused to question why I would accept such an easy way of dismissing the matter despite the easily gathered info that there is a very good, sensible reason why she might not have left. Why was I so stupid? Fear. I have daughters, sisters, friends and their children. If I do not want to confront the danger they face, I have to make sure that victim is different from them, and that they would not make such a "dangerous choice" as to stay with an abuser. That way I could set this case away from my kids and friends kids.

What does this have to do with the gorilla? Simple. When you see that kid getting flung through the water, you see your own kid. Ahhhhh..."But that wouldn't happen to MY kid because....." "The mother's an idiot and must have done something wrong. Let's start a petition!" Justice for Harambe!

Once you start watching for this dynamic, you will see as I have that it is everywhere. What people think, especially about the death or abuse of an innocent person, is often driven by an overwhelming desire to calm their OWN fears that it could happen to them. If that means you throw a murder victim or a frightened mother or a venerable football coach under the bus, then under the bus they go. Your heart will override your brain to make the pain go away.

I do it too, as I said at the beginning, so I am not pretending to have an answer.

It's the Twitter Mob. They are the worst. Disgusting people who can't get out of their own way casting judgment on others.

It makes me sick frankly. Ruins people's lives. People make mistakes all the time, but people also forget their own mistakes and love to point out others mistakes.

LdN

I am calling for a Litmus test for parents to visit the zoo followed by a litmus test for humans over the age of 10 to reproduce in the first place.

I just said the same thing to someone after reading that a "pet" python attacked the owners 4 year old son. To make the matter worse someone filmed the attack while the father was defending the kid from the python. Luckily, the kid survived.

Reactions: tgar

It was first reported that the kid crawled under the enclosure. That was incorrect. It was last reported that he climbed a three foot fence. The mother was there the whole time but turned her back on the kid to tend to another child. People have been sending her money which she says she will turn over to the zoo.

It was first reported that the kid crawled under the enclosure. That was incorrect. It was last reported that he climbed a three foot fence. The mother was there the whole time but turned her back on the kid to tend to another child. People have been sending her money which she says she will turn over to the zoo.
Agree that it could turn out that the mother or the zoo or both were negligent as hell. Or that neither was negligent, or some combination of causes that were unforeseen caused this, but nevertheless the "bad mom" narrative is unshakeable and was so before anyone knew any of the facts.

I should also say that in the Sandusky case, you had the cops, the OAG, the governor, the head of the State Police, Louie Freeh AND PSU's own board driving the false narrative. No chance.

Agree that it could turn out that the mother or the zoo or both were negligent as hell. Or that neither was negligent, or some combination of causes that were unforeseen caused this, but nevertheless the "bad mom" narrative is unshakeable and was so before anyone knew any of the facts.
Agree.

But if the kid did indeed warn the mom of what he was about to do, I'd say the zoo wasn't more than 10% at fault -- she should have been on high alert at that point.

The point is he was talking shit and it was pretty funny, IMO. I doubt his intent was to have a literal test of physical superiority with a gorilla, nor do I think he was cheerleading the death of the beast. He was clowning the Cincinnati Bengals with the gorilla as a vector. Could he have chosen a better vector, Victor? Of course.

I see what you did there.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: simons96
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT