ADVERTISEMENT

OT HVAC

NittanyBuff24

Jan 29, 2007
Have a 13yr old Trane getting ready to die on me, any suggestions, I was thinking about checking in with Lennox through Costco..

A reputable HVAC contractor once told me that most HVAC systems use the same parts and components and simply slap a different brand name on the systems/units. My current home has a Carrier system and it works well, my previous home also had a Carrier system but it did not work well, and another property of mine had a Goodman system and it worked well. I think the key thing is the type of system for your home, price, warranty, and installation.

A reputable HVAC contractor once told me that most HVAC systems use the same parts and components and simply slap a different brand name on the systems/units. My current home has a Carrier system and it works well, my previous home also had a Carrier system but it did not work well, and another property of mine had a Goodman system and it worked well. I think the key thing is the type of system for your home, price, warranty, and installation.
Agree with a lot of this especially the installation part. I know a guy that does residential HVAC service and he said there is a shortage across the field of HVAC technicians in general let alone decent ones. He also said guys are being sent out on their own before they are ready because they don’t have anyone else. I would ask the salesman about the experience of the install team that will be putting in your new system to make sure you’re paying for quality work

This subject has been discussed a great deal on this board. Use the board's Search function to look up earlier HVAC discussions.

Or, look for posts by @PSUTENN1 about the subject, as he's the board expert on HVAC.

Reactions: NittanyBuff24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT