ADVERTISEMENT

Berkeley Springs WV restaurant recommendations.

republion

Mar 24, 2009
Stopping thru this evening with wife and kids on way to PSU. Any suggestions for a good bite?

I don't know if he is on here anymore, but Demlion lives there and I'm sure would have a handle on that.

If you can wait until Bedford, I recommend the Jean Bonnet.
One of my favorites. I haven’t had a bad meal there. Upstairs is a perfect atmosphere IMO.

Reactions: PAgeologist
There's a Mexican restaurant a block or two off the main street that is pretty good. Also, there's a mom and pop homestyle restaurant connected to a gas station that is across the street (and away from I-70-not sure if that is south or west) from the historic hotel-it is only open for lunch....maybe breakfast.

Ok, so big fail on my part. We couldn’t wait to get to BS, WV. We ended up stopping in Strasburg VA and ate at Old Dominion’s Doggery and Burger place.

Reactions: Lionsburg
One of my favorites. I haven’t had a bad meal there. Upstairs is a perfect atmosphere IMO.
We usually eat downstairs or outside. I was actually a bit disappointed that the upstairs is way more modern looking than downstairs. I get they need all the modern things to make the bar run. I was just expecting the same or similar look.

Reactions: psualt
Ok, so big fail on my part. We couldn’t wait to get to BS, WV. We ended up stopping in Strasburg VA and ate at Old Dominion’s Doggery and Burger place
I live in Strasburg and love the Doggery! Was just there for lunch today. Very small, but a fun little place (minus the Oho State sign behind the bar). If you ever make it back through our little town check out Box Office Brewery just down the street.

Reactions: republion
I live in Strasburg and love the Doggery! Was just there for lunch today. Very small, but a fun little place (minus the Oho State sign behind the bar). If you ever make it back through our little town check out Box Office Brewery just down the street.
Yah, ODB was a great little place. We enjoyed it. I saw Box Office brewery on the way out of town. I said to my wife “that place next time”.

We drive on US522 on way to OBX. Have stopped many times at Jean Bonnet (actually a little out of our way). Great food; great atmosphere.

Have passed this Potomac River Grill in Hancock, MD many times; next time will stop to check it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT