ADVERTISEMENT

OT Ford's new Bronco ad...

I need a bronco.

I agree that a six is plenty but I know a lot of guys that tow 35 foot boats or trailers. I'd like the 8 in that case but yeah....still looks like there is finally an alternative to a Jeep Wrangler. Can't believe the industry has taken so long to come up with a competitor.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Bronco with a 4cyl and no V8 option? Barf.
Try to keep up:
3.5-Liter EcoBoost V-6: 375 hp, 470 lb-ft
The F-150's 3.5-liter twin-turbo gasoline V-6 produces 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque. Ti-VCT, PFDI, and auto stop-start are also included. This engine makes the best F-150 for towing and hauling.Feb 6, 2020

That 4 cylinder engine produces almost twice as much HP as the 80’s V8 Bronco
And the 6 has 2.5 times as much HP and more torque as well.
That's true. I eagerly await the throaty sound of a turbocharged 4cyl in a vehicle name that is accustomed to a 351 Cleveland.

Reactions: Fila
I need a bronco.

I agree that a six is plenty but I know a lot of guys that tow 35 foot boats or trailers. I'd like the 8 in that case but yeah....still looks like there is finally an alternative to a Jeep Wrangler. Can't believe the industry has taken so long to come up with a competitor.
Nobody tows a 35 boat with a short wheelbase suv

3.5 Ecoboost has been pretty good overall. There were some waste gate issues on some early model (12-14) F150's. There have been some VCT issues on 17-18 F150's. The 2.0 4cylinder? I haven't seen enough with higher mileage to have a solid opinion either way. I will say they are very quick off the line and at the same time, a little loud. There may be more sound damping material on the Bronco as opposed to the Escape and Rangers.

The new Bronco is an off-road fun vehicle from the 60’s not the F-150 with a back seat version from the 80’s.

It brings the Bronco back to it’s roots and will compete with the Wrangler or perhaps the Renegade or 4 Runner. People that need heavy towing capacity should look elsewhere.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
My wife turned down a chance to work in-house at ford doing PR for the bronco. Would have required a move to Detroit but being a gear head I kinda wanted her to take it.

I need a bronco.

there have been other competitors. They’ve all died off for one reason or another. It’s a super niche category and Americans want jack of all trade vehicles.

Reactions: Obliviax
Maybe I'll wait for the Bronco Raptor with a turbocharged 5.0L ;)
My wife turned down a chance to work in-house at ford doing PR for the bronco. Would have required a move to Detroit but being a gear head I kinda wanted her to take it.

there have been other competitors. They’ve all died off for one reason or another. It’s a super niche category and Americans want jack of all trade vehicles.
My previous jokes about engines aside, I think it's important to point out that marketing is positioning it as a Jeep competitor. But whether it actually compares to the Wrangler remains to be seen, and IMO is far from a given.

I have a 2011 F-150 with the 3.5L ecoboost engine which was the 1st year for the ecoboost in the F-150. I bought it new and it has 89,000 trouble free miles on it. It replaced a 1998 F-150 with a V8 in it and I don't miss the V8 one bit. The low end torque of the ecoboost engine is amazing and will get 22 MPG on the highway.

That has got to be the corniest commercial I've seen in a long time. I was half expecting Joe Camel to show up with the Marlboro man welcoming us all to flavor country. The all new ford bronco - it'll put hair on your chest.

400 ft-lbs of torque at 1000 rpm compared to 150 ft-lbs for the eco boost.

When pulling a camper, I didn’t have to rev up the engine when I started to move, especially on a hill.

of course, gas mileage is another story plus comparing a half ton engine to a 3/4 ton truck
I understand but it’s a twin turbo, they’re designed to torque early and putter out after 5000. Did you climb hills at 1000 rpm?
And I just found this, peak at 1000? Don’t think so
GM 8.1L Vortec V-8 Engine Specs (Vortec 8100)
Engine: General Motors Vortec 8100
Peak Horsepower: 330 - 340 hp @ 4,200 rpm (truck, van, SUV applications)
Peak Torque: 440 - 455 lb-ft @ 3,200 rpm (truck, van, SUV applications)
16 more rows

If you pay extra A.C. delivers it to your house

Not worth it unless it comes with a 20 car police caravan following him with lights and sirens on. ;)

iu

Reactions: bison13
Bronco is getting RAVE reviews. I love it, to be honest. I've always liked the Jeep but found it to be lacking in many areas, like electronics, and never pulled the trigger on one. For example, for a large SUV/Truck the backup camera and screen are a crime. They are so small compared to everything else in the class and it is a shame that this is where they chose to scrimp. The Bronco has a very nice and typical Ford screen with decent connectivity for external devices.

2021_Ford_Bronco_41.jpg

CR-Cars-InlineHero-2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-red-f-7-20

2021-ford-bronco-sport-031.jpg

Reactions: roswelllion
Oh, I don't know about that. Ford did a pretty good job with their 6 cylinder in the GT. 647 HP and 550 ft lb torque
'Ro: I'm thinking your sig pic gal could generate quite a bit of torque. A very good selection.

Bronco is getting RAVE reviews. I love it, to be honest. I've always liked the Jeep but found it to be lacking in many areas, like electronics, and never pulled the trigger on one. For example, for a large SUV/Truck the backup camera and screen are a crime. They are so small compared to everything else in the class and it is a shame that this is where they chose to scrimp. The Bronco has a very nice and typical Ford screen with decent connectivity for external devices.

2021_Ford_Bronco_41.jpg

The wrangler is small so it can fit places. You want an X5. I guarantee when you drive a new bronco you’ll complain it’s too stiff, loud and bouncy.
cs2uPKl.jpg

2021_Ford_Bronco_41.jpg

Crashed the website on Monday. Sounds like it could be a winner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT