ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Football, Franklin, etc.

That would be the same Utah team that beat USC twice.

Nobody but you said it's the same as beating Ohio State or Michigan -- but some people think that Franklin has not and cannot win a big game.

And then some people, after seeing evidence otherwise, double down by inventing reasons to not give Franklin any credit whatsoever for anything.
Franklin can recruit. He is not good in gameday decisions and adjustments. He has had one offensive coordinator that made good adjustments as game progressed. He doesn't look in the mirror enough when he finds blame. 2 years ago he complained the defense was too small against Michigan. Who recruited the players . Last year he complained about Wide Receivers. Last time I checked the Head Coach is responsible for the direction of the talent of team and NIL opportunities.

This is pointless. You’re either an idiot for not understanding how context aids an argument, or you’re an asshole for intentionally ignoring it.

Enjoy the rest of the your Sunday.
Christ dude. Answer the question before you name call then take your ball and go home. Nevermind, your lack of an answer is an answer.

The both of you bent over with abdominal pain because I said Franklin doesn't win big games. The least you could have offered was OSU and Wisconsin in 2016.

Christ dude. Answer the question before you name call then take your ball and go home. Nevermind, your lack of an answer is an answer.

The both of you bent over with abdominal pain because I said Franklin doesn't win big games. The least you could have offered was OSU and Wisconsin in 2016.
Would that be the Wisconsin that lost 3 games and whose best win was 9-4 Nebraska?

Would that be the Wisconsin that lost 3 games and whose best win was 9-4 Nebraska?
Yes. There was a conference championship and a possible playoff berth on the line. It was most certainly a big game with big rewards on the line.
Of course you already knew this. Like I said earlier. You need to stop. You don't usually make your points this haplessly.

Other than being one of 40 something end of season bowl games what was on the line?
The big impact towards each team was to determine if they would both end up as 3 loss teams or if one would be a 4 loss team and the other a 2 loss team

There is no difference between a 1982 big game, a 1986 big game, a 1994 big game or a 2024 big game. Teams either step up and get it done or they don't.

Franklin has done an admirable job building PSU into the 3rd best Big10 program, but they are nowhere near to being on even footing with the other 2.
I would hold your horses on Michigan being better than PSU long term. The last 3 years they benefitted from cheating. They have lost their head coach, they lost a lot of talent and a lot of coaches. PSU will have a better record than Michigan this year.

I believe PSU has won its last national championship in football. It will be too difficult to win 3 to 4 playoff games when programs like Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, LSU and Texas will spend whatever it takes on NIL to acquire and retain talent. That is not PSU. With the expanded playoff, winning that many playoff games requires more than some luck or a break going your way.

Not doubling down at all. If every year PSU goes 10-2 (losing to OSU and Mich) and wins a bowl game against a quality opponent they will have lost both big games they played in.

1982 beating Nebraska, Pitt and Georgia was winning a big game(s). They lost their 4th big game they played in that year, to Alabama.

In January 2023 a 2 loss PSU team beating a 3 loss Utah team in the Rose Bowl was not a big game. It is that simple.
Minus Cam Rising, because before his injury, the outcome was very much in doubt. After the injury, it wasn’t. And it wasn’t a top ten team.

Reactions: Ski
There is no difference between a 1982 big game, a 1986 big game, a 1994 big game or a 2024 big game. Teams either step up and get it done or they don't.

Franklin has done an admirable job building PSU into the 3rd best Big10 program, but they are nowhere near to being on even footing with the other 2.
Your argument seems to hinge on all non-loss games not being “big” games, without regard to opponents or how they were doing. In other words, it’s weak.

Your argument seems to hinge on all non-loss games not being “big” games, without regard to opponents or how they were doing. In other words, it’s weak.
Simple question, needing only a yes or no answer. Does PSU typically lose their big games?

If you do answer no, please list several big games won by Franklin's PSU.

Ohio State went 8-4 in 2004. Great program under Tressell. But Meyer didn’t lose more than 1 regular season game in his entire tenure.
That’s fair.

The 2005 team lost to the national champions by 1 score and Penn State by 1 score. The teams that finished 1st and 3rd, their only 2 losses.

Point isn’t that Ohio State was or wasn’t better in eras though. Point is that, in years where Ohio State was Death Star at least for a year, there were times that Penn State could still beat them.

Really kind of brings up an interesting “what would you prefer”? The last 10 years of Joe, where the lows were lower but the highs higher, or the first 10 years of JF.

You know who could really answer that question well? Folks on the football board.
This thread transition here because of the Sandy Barbour connection . It appears Cael was not sending her Christmas Cards.
That's how it became a football conversation.
Let me see if I can find the fake punt against Kentucky or the 9 ,2 point conversion attempts against Illinois from Franklin Highlight Archive.

Is your period button broke? Definition of a Sentence: A sentence means a group of words that makes complete sense. It begins with a capital letter and ends with a full stop. It always contains a finite verb. A sentence may be a statement, question, exclamation or command.
well I am old and dont give a shit if you dont understand well I dont give a shit about that either if you cant read it then skip it!plus I always hated english!are you happy now sport??

Since I didn't initiate this thread, take my name out as the member who did so. Maybe put your own member name, or put admin.

To Franklin's credit he has Penn State football sitting firmly in the number 3 spot in the Big10. With USC, Washington and Oregon coming into play he will need to elevate his program dramatically just to stay in that 3rd spot.
So...
Rutger wrestling: Perennial Top 10::pSU football: perennial national champion

Is your period button broke? Definition of a Sentence: A sentence means a group of words that makes complete sense. It begins with a capital letter and ends with a full stop. It always contains a finite verb. A sentence may be a statement, question, exclamation or command.
Did posting this make you feel better?? Let me fill you in on what you don't know about good old Tull. He's currently fighting a day to day battle with cancer. It seems that while serving his Country in Vietnam, he was exposed to agent orange. In short, the man is living in constant pain as he fights a new enemy on a different front.

Everytime I see a post from Tull it tells me he's lived to fight another day. And that brings me comfort.

In the future, might I suggest you use the ignore button if someone's lack of punctuation or even a missed finite verb gets your panties in a bunch?

Did posting this make you feel better?? Let me fill you in on what you don't know about good old Tull. He's currently fighting a day to day battle with cancer. It seems that while serving his Country in Vietnam, he was exposed to agent orange. In short, the man is living in constant pain as he fights a new enemy on a different front.

Everytime I see a post from Tull it tells me he's lived to fight another day. And that brings me comfort.

In the future, might I suggest you use the ignore button if someone's lack of punctuation or even a missed finite verb gets your panties in a bunch?
I know the difficulty that one can have to type and post a proper thread comment. I didn't post much for some months when I still had side effects of head trauma. I would have trouble finding the proper word combination or would skip a a word when I typed. It sucked.
Hat's off to anyone that tries to post when it's difficult for whatever reason. Hat's off while standing to anyone that served our country.🇺🇲

Reactions: Pitteefool

Thanks for the reminders on what is really important, and also to remember to pray for Tull. The final reminder you jogged is: being grateful for what we have (there is a good reason the team constantly brings that up).

Reactions: Pitteefool
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT