ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Can somebody help me..

PSU_522

Jan 1, 2019
As I understand it, David Taylor got the nickname Magic Man after coming back and winning a match that he faced unfavorable circumstances in. Is this correct in anyway and if so does someone know what match that was so I can go back and watch it ... Thanks.

As I understand it, David Taylor got the nickname Magic Man after coming back and winning a match that he faced unfavorable circumstances in. Is this correct in anyway and if so does someone know what match that was so I can go back and watch it ... Thanks.
Why is your question OT. Is this the Rutgers board or something? :)

I think the match they are referring too is his finals loss against Bubba Jenkins.

Nope - he explained it in the recent the DT - Dake documentary on Flo. It was tied to the characters in a TV show, he watched when he was like 12 years old. He originally took the other character's name (El Diablo I think), and Dake might have taken on magic man, but in time he reversed it and Magic man stuck.

Last edited:

According to Flo documentary Rivals...he got nick name from a video game while playing with Dake in DTs house.

Thanks for the insight, this is what Wikipedia has posted hence why I was confused .. Taylor received the nickname "Magic Man" after a collegiate match in which he turned an unfavorable situation for himself into an advantage.

This whole time I thought it was because he did things on the mat that people just didnt understand. People would be like, "whoa, what the heck? That was like.... MAGIC". Hence, magic man. Abracadabra.

Reactions: RandyL and danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT