ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A gentle reminder: Don't put off saying things that need to be said.

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
As I've mentioned on this board a couple of times, my daughter had her share of adolescent struggles and we found a lovely therapist who helped her immensely. My daughter's thriving now and last week I thought to text her therapist and tell her so, while thanking her for all she did for her, and for my family. I didn't send the text and now I'm just about ready to put on a tie to go to her funeral.

As I've said many times on this board, I've lead a charmed life and have been supported by many good people who gave a damn. It doesn't take any effort to reach out to them to let them know how thankful you are for their support and love. It's good for them to hear it and it's good for you to send it. Just be sure to send it before it's too late.

Last edited:
As I've mentioned on this board a couple of times, my daughter had her share of adolescent struggles and we found a lovely therapist who helped her immensely. My daughter's thriving now and last week I thought to text her therapist and tell her so, while thanking her for all she did for her, and for my family. I didn't send the text and now I'm just about ready to put on a tie to go to her funeral.

As I've said many times on this board, I've lead a charmed life and have been supported by many good people who gave a damn. It doesn't take any effort to reach out to them to let them know how thankful you are for their support and love. It's good for them to hear it and it's good for you to send it. Just be sure to send it before it's too late.
Truer, more eloquent words have never been spoken/typed.

Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: LionJim

A powerful reminder for us all Jim. I'm sorry for your loss. All the best to your daughter.

Reactions: rjg82 and LionJim

Don't be too hard on yourself, your human, but human enough to learn and share.
You may have left, but I'm sure you'll tell her loved ones of her impact on your family's life. It may not seem as good as telling her yourself, but it will help them get through this, and telling significant others of such very often goes unsaid.
And I'm sure this or it won't be the last time you talk about her to others.

LJ, I am so sorry to hear about your lose.
Thank you for reminding us about what is truly important in our lives.

Sorry to hear Jim. I'm sure you and your daughter will keep a special place for her in your thoughts.

Your daughter's therapist was Bernie McCue? All kidding aside, sincere condolences on your loss.

Thoughtful and wise words from one of my favorite posters. Take care, Jim.

Saddened for this news. I will keep their family, and yours, forefront on my mind and heart this weekend, throughout the game. Life is more important than a football game. Be well Jim.

This reminds me of 'Waking Ned Devine.' A character eulogizes his very much alive best friend. It was very touching. Those who have seen the movie understand the context.

Sorry for your loss LJ. May your daughter continue to thrive and have a life that will be a credit to this wonderful person. Life can be sad, each loved one we lose puts a hole in our soul. Mine is reduced to swiss cheese. Your reminder is so important. Everyone should embrace their wives. Some folks don't have that opportunity anymore.

So sorry to hear of the loss of someone dear to your family. You have written words of wisdom worthy of a Neshaminy Man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT