ADVERTISEMENT

I put money on Purdue to win the game tomorrow night

Ned, in order for Penn State NOT to make an NY6 bowl, both Purdue and LSU would have to win their games today, which would be like lightning striking twice. In that event, we get bounced to the Citrus.
As long as TCU wins I agree.

I don’t think Purdue is a very good team. While they’ve been good at run defense they’ve not seen an OL like this. And their O is one dimensional with no running game and only two good receivers (Jones and the TE) Had we seen Jones on tape we’d have won by 20 points.

I like your betting angle. I try and zig when everybody else is zagging when I can especially when it can be done for a small amount or you can hedge. I love to play the Oaks Derby double two ways...I bet one horse in the Oaks over ALL in the derby and ALL in the oaks over one in the Derby. That way first of all I can hit both bets. I loved Secret Oath so that was my single in the Oaks this year. She won, so obviously I had a guaranteed winner in the Derby. The moon shot Rich Strike won so I cleared 900 bucks on a dollar double, Secret Oath/ALL. Granted if one of the faves hit I would be lucky to get my bet back. Even better, and along those lines, my horse racing degenerate pal loved Epicenter in the Derby so he back and front wheeled the horse in the exacta. Had to run 1st or 2nd. He ran 2nd to Rich Strike and the guy cleared $4 grand on a $40 outlay. Now he had other bets on Epicenter but not $4 grand worth so he had a stellar day.

If you want to grind and bet -150 have fun but I like to put together parlays and bet some shots or else why are you doing it! Good luck!

It's reverse psychology. I actually don't want them to beat Michigan for the simple reason that nothing good happens for Penn State if they pull off the upset.

But just in case, I put $50 on them to win outright...which will return $375 if it were to happen.

The thing is, I do think Purdue has a real chance. Michigan is going to the Dance regardless, so there's less emotional energy on their side of the ball, especially coming off the big win in Columbus. Plus no Blake Corum.

Meanwhile, when Purdue's veteran QB is "on," he's a handful for any D to deal with.

It's only $50 after all, and if I lose, we go to the Rose Bowl. That's a nice consolation prize....easily worth $50.

If I win on the other hand, not only do I receive a huge return on my investment but also get treated to Lando attempting to continue his lame blather about how Purdue is still not a "good" team and our win against them not a "good" win.
You lose.

It's going to be VERY interesting to see what the committee does TCU versus Alabama. Since it was a loss in OT I'll say TCU gets the nod but going to be close!

It's going to be VERY interesting to see what the committee does TCU versus Alabama. Since it was a loss in OT I'll say TCU gets the nod but going to be close!
If not for that muffed punt it might have been more like Friday's game.

ADVERTISEMENT