ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 World Cup Thread

Portugal is really setting themselves up for counters.

I’m game-texting a big Portugal fan, poor guy is beside himself.

A buddy of mine is living in Germany. Apparently the german announcers are not happy when Spain scores.

Reactions: LionJim
France defeats Australia, 2-1. France scored the game-winning goal with about 10 minutes to go in the match. Closer than I expected. I thought we would see an ASS. BEATING. :eek: . Good effort by Australia.

Surprising to see Argentina and Iceland tied at 1-1 in the 1st half. Argentina struck first, but Iceland tied it minutes later.

Asgard’s response to Iceland scoring a tieing goal vs Argentina!
tenor.gif

Reactions: LionJim and TheGLOV
He doesn't have a "great" team around him. Yes, he performed poorly today, but if I'm building a team, I start with him over Ronaldo. He's the best player in the world, and judging him on one game is pretty silly.
Assuming you watched, were you surprised there was no PK for Argentina at 77’? Looked to me to be a pretty obvious call.

Assuming you watched, were you surprised there was no PK for Argentina at 77’? Looked to me to be a pretty obvious call.

I thought sure it was a penalty. I think if he's at a different angle they call it, but somehow because he was close to going out and wide of the net, it felt like that impacted the call.

Reactions: LionJim
He doesn't have a "great" team around him. Yes, he performed poorly today, but if I'm building a team, I start with him over Ronaldo. He's the best player in the world, and judging him on one game is pretty silly.

He has more talent on the bench (Higuain, Dybala) than Ronaldo has around him in the starting Portugal lineup.

Dude is as tall as a 5th grader. Had about a million chances today and couldn’t convert. Not impressed!

Messi, he didn't have a good game, yeah.

It seems the sudden futbol experts have decided that Messi sucks. That’s it. It’s been decided. We can move on to something else.

At least I know I know shit about futbol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT