ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 World Cup Thread

It's purely personal preference at this point since both are so far out ahead of anyone else. One is an alien and the other is a machine. Neither are human.

I only take a slight exception to those that say Messi doesn't have the talent around him in the national team. Over the last decade, Argentina has had as much raw talent as anyone outside of Spain, Germany, and maybe Brazil.

It's purely personal preference at this point since both are so far out ahead of anyone else. One is an alien and the other is a machine. Neither are human.

I only take a slight exception to those that say Messi doesn't have the talent around him in the national team. Over the last decade, Argentina has had as much raw talent as anyone outside of Spain, Germany, and maybe Brazil.

Yeah I didn't mean to imply Argentina isn't good, I just think the current team is past its prime and was never at the level of Germany, Brazil, or Spain outside of Messi.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
giphy.gif

lionel-messi-gifs.gif

messi-gif-3.gif

giphy.gif

He’s turrible.

Reactions: royboy

Center backs from Man United and Man City. Two starters who were Barcelona starters for a decade. Players from Milan, PSG... a goal keeper from Chelsea. Outside of... maybe... Germany and Spain, no one has more firepower. The talent on the Argentina national team is way better than what Portugal has in it.

Also way better than what Maradona carried over the line in 1986. In order to be considered the GOAT, Messi needs a title.

Neymar - good player, but if he wasn't such a flopping bitch this whole match, Brazil would have had a PK there
ANd that should have been a PK

I was really impressed with Mexico's short, quick passing game. They are going to be a load for any team moving forward.

Come on you Eagles of Carthage!!!!! Enjoying the game thus far, but I have to say, Fox's announcers are BAAAAD like really really bad.

Stone is ok but the rest are grating. NBC knows how to do soccer, Fox spends money to buy broadcasting and then spends nothing on producing it.
They only sent 4 announcers to Russia! The rest are broadcasting from LA. What a farce.

Reactions: LionJim
Come on you Eagles of Carthage!!!!! Enjoying the game thus far, but I have to say, Fox's announcers are BAAAAD like really really bad.

Stone is ok but the rest are grating. NBC knows how to do soccer, Fox spends money to buy broadcasting and then spends nothing on producing it.
They only sent 4 announcers to Russia! The rest are broadcasting from LA. What a farce.
That b**ch, whoever she is, was really annoying. Then I found out she was an Arsenal women's player!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Senegal gets on the board 1st against Poland, as the attacker's shot is deflected by the defender right into the goal. The GK had no chance.

Early in the 2nd half, Poland had a FK from about 25 yards out. It was headed just inside the right post, about chest high, but the Senegal GK was just able to punch it to the side. If the FK had been placed in the top corner, I'm not sure the GK could have prevented the goal.

Note: this will be my last update from today's games.

Note: this will be my last update from today's games.

hah, make a liar out of myself. Just as I was about to turn off the game, the Polish sweeper from his offensive half clears it back toward his GK. The other defender is somewhat unsure if he's to play it, or the GK, and the GK is somewhat slow to leave his line (and the ball was well outside the penalty area),so a Senegal attacker ran past the last defender, flicked the ball past the GK, and dribbled the ball into an unguarded Polish goal. 2-0, Sengal, around the 61 minute mark

And this is my last update today. ;)

hah, make a liar out of myself. Just as I was about to turn off the game, the Polish sweeper from his offensive half clears it back toward his GK. The other defender is somewhat unsure if he's to play it, or the GK, and the GK is somewhat slow to leave his line (and the ball was well outside the penalty area),so a Senegal attacker ran past the last defender, flicked the ball past the GK, and dribbled the ball into an unguarded Polish goal. 2-0, Sengal, around the 61 minute mark

Lol, appreciated. Away from the box for the day.

Controversial to say the least (at least if you're Polish).

ADVERTISEMENT