ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ‘Pet’ peeve…

Fully agree - but that's a straight up safety concern / legit concern, much more than a pet peeve
Everyone here is concerned about dog poop, my bigger concern is the dogs themselves. I've posted a thread before about large and aggressive breeds that have been off leash and left the property as we walked our small dogs by on a leash (and yes, we bag and take the poop). But when two dogs that could take out a human come running across and up the street after you and your small dogs, there is a legitimate safety concern. In this case it was a pit bull and some kind of other large mix and fortunately a teenage boy from that house came running after them to intervene.

Reactions: Online Persona
Pretty bad, at least it is bagged.

Mine…….litter on the highway in front of my place. Twice chased down people that I saw litter.

Close second….cigarette butts anywhere and everywhere, especially right by ash treys/dispoasals. But since smokers don’t care about poisoning their own bodies I guess I can’t expect them to care about the rest of us.
I'm a smoker and I dispose of my butts in proper recepticles.

Butt, this happened to me today..

I was driving with the top down in the right lane and the passenger woman in the left lane flicked a butt and hit me in the head. I yelled, "what the f$#k!". She shrugged her shoulders like she had no idea why I was pissed for a moment. I yelled," You hit me in the head with your cigarette". To her credit, she apologized with her hands, so I got over it.

Close second….cigarette butts anywhere and everywhere, especially right by ash treys/dispoasals. But since smokers don’t care about poisoning their own bodies I guess I can’t expect them to care about the rest of us.
They're everywhere but it baffles me why anyone would do it on a beach
rs=w:1280,h:429

Hold On to Your Butt

Reactions: Obliviax
Here's another smoking pet peeve. Those who know they have to smoke outside of an establishment but go like 10 or 15 feet from the door and often up wind from it. Do they think their smoke doesn't travel to pi$$ off everyone who comes in and out that doesn't want to breathe their cancer stick?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I'm a smoker and I dispose of my butts in proper recepticles.

Butt, this happened to me today..

I was driving with the top down in the right lane and the passenger woman in the left lane flicked a butt and hit me in the head. I yelled, "what the f$#k!". She shrugged her shoulders like she had no idea why I was pissed for a moment. I yelled," You hit me in the head with your cigarette". To her credit, she apologized with her hands, so I got over it.
I have had cigarette butts hit me while on my motorcycle, and a couple times have had to pull over to get it off my clothes.

Couldn’t hold it in any longer…..the little brats that live next door! 😤 Every time they play football…or soccer….or frisbee….. the dang things always end up on my yard😡

Then the tiny curmudgeons walk across my grass go get their precious little toy! 🤬😫😖

STaY OfF mY GrASS!!!!

I have had cigarette butts hit me while on my motorcycle, and a couple times have had to pull over to get it off my clothes.
That sucks! Not as bad as clothes but it's also annoying plucking them out of the front grill / radiator area of the car too. Years ago there was a "litterbug hotline" in Pennsylvania where you could report someone and they'd be sent a letter with a message that someone is watching as well as to educate people there is a fine involved.

Couldn’t hold it in any longer…..the little brats that live next door! 😤 Every time they play football…or soccer….or frisbee….. the dang things always end up on my yard😡

Then the tiny curmudgeons walk across my grass go get their precious little toy! 🤬😫😖

STaY OfF mY GrASS!!!!
Growing up (60's) we had a neighbor like that, he even called the police on us if our ball went into his yard, and we went to retrieve it. They moved into the neighborhood which was rich with children. They had no children as they were in their 60's. He worked the night shift, so he wanted to sleep during the day. We had a decent size yard, and we would play many games in the yard. From wiffle ball, kick ball, kick the can and hide and seek, etc. As Halloween neared one year, he gave me two paper grocery bags full of balls. Wiffle balls, kick balls and plastic golf balls. His plan didn't work as we soaped the crap out of his house.

Growing up (60's) we had a neighbor like that, he even called the police on us if our ball went into his yard, and we went to retrieve it. They moved into the neighborhood which was rich with children. They had no children as they were in their 60's. He worked the night shift, so he wanted to sleep during the day. We had a decent size yard, and we would play many games in the yard. From wiffle ball, kick ball, kick the can and hide and seek, etc. As Halloween neared one year, he gave me two paper grocery bags full of balls. Wiffle balls, kick balls and plastic golf balls. His plan didn't work as we soaped the crap out of his house.
Could be worse, our 60s something neighbor kept any balls that went over the fence. It was a half a double, so not much yard to work with there width-wise. She also would yell at us sometimes if we rode the big wheels down the front sidewalk in front of her house. Can't imagine getting that bitter when I'm in my 60s.

Similar issue where I grew.up we had a large lawn behind the house and then a driveway and row homes.
This woman would sit out back and if the ball landed in her yard she would pick it up and keep it.
Miserable as can be. No matter what went on she would always blame us

You're lucky you grew up when you did. These days you wouldn't have the police called on you - you'd just be shot thanks to some nutjob feeling "threatened".

Exactly! Is it so hard to find a front porch, set it on fire and ring a friggin doorbell?
We did that to a crusty old coot not unlike myself now and he fell for it trying to put it out with his slippers.Damage was minimal and we were made to clean it.Turns out the.guy was a pretty good person.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT