ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ‘Pet’ peeve…

…people who put dog poop in a bag, in a park or along a sidewalk, and leave it there! Take your bag of poop with you and get rid of it properly: it ain’t hard!
Pretty bad, at least it is bagged.

Mine…….litter on the highway in front of my place. Twice chased down people that I saw litter.

Close second….cigarette butts anywhere and everywhere, especially right by ash treys/dispoasals. But since smokers don’t care about poisoning their own bodies I guess I can’t expect them to care about the rest of us.

Reactions: Online Persona
…people who put dog poop in a bag, in a park or along a sidewalk, and leave it there! Take your bag of poop with you and get rid of it properly: it ain’t hard!

I live in a bit of a rural area, and I see folks walking their dog on my road quite often and do this a lot. However, these folks typically pick up the bags on their way back to their starting point. They just don’t want to do the entire walk holding a bag of dog crap. But I could see how this would be infuriating.

I think most of us have a much more concerning pet peeve of the non-pet variety. For example, how many of us hate the statement, ” I’m too tired.”

Pretty bad, at least it is bagged.

Mine…….litter on the highway in front of my place. Twice chased down people that I saw litter.

Close second….cigarette butts anywhere and everywhere, especially right by ash treys/dispoasals. But since smokers don’t care about poisoning their own bodies I guess I can’t expect them to care about the rest of us.
At least it's bagged? If you're not going to throw it away it's better to not bag it at all and avoid the plastic litter that will take much longer to decompose than the poop would by itself.

Reactions: Frabjous
I live in a bit of a rural area, and I see folks walking their dog on my road quite often and do this a lot. However, these folks typically pick up the bags on their way back to their starting point. They just don’t want to do the entire walk holding a bag of dog crap. But I could see how this would be infuriating.
That's what those people say when confronted about it around here, and I'd imagine fewer than half actually ever return to pick it up. I live right next to a popular city park and there is bagged poop trailside all the time. I'm with the OP, it's infuriating and if you aren't willing to be a responsible pet owner, which could entail carrying a bag of poop for a few miles (oh the humanity!), then don't get the pet.

Reactions: bytir and MacNit07
People merging into traffic on the highway from the ramp acting like they have the right of way.

Reactions: Waltwam
People crowding the gate in the airport before their group is called…should I really need to fight through everyone in the last group to get up there when it’s my turn?

Reactions: Online Persona
People driving 10mph under the speed limit in the left lane and refuse to get over.
This is a specific subset of the larger pet peeve, people who are so self-absorbed that they are completely oblivious to others.

Examples: Blocking an aisle in a store. Sitting on equipment in a gym talking for 5 to 10 minutes. Not holding a door especially for an older person. Not stopping to let a pedestrian cross especially in bad weather.

This is a specific subset of the larger pet peeve, people who are so self-absorbed that they are completely oblivious to others.

Examples: Blocking an aisle in a store. Sitting on equipment in a gym talking for 5 to 10 minutes. Not holding a door especially for an older person. Not stopping to let a pedestrian cross especially in bad weather.
Parking in the fire lane in front of a store.

Yeah, I see that one a lot too but with people using voice to text that one shows up a lot just because of how the phone picks up the voice inflection.
Do people then not read their text (and edit it) before sending?

Do people then not read their text (and edit it) before sending?
No, hardly ever if it’s someone under 30 or an old fart like me. Heck, kids in school are writing their papers through voice to text into a file and then sending it to themselves for some formatting. You should see them, terrible.

Walking along side your grocery cart while shopping therefore taking up double the space.

Leaving your cart in the middle of the isle when looking for an item.

willfully putting one's self above all others and believing the rules don't apply to you.
I commute about 80 miles a day. In general, that is my peeve. I could come up with a ton of these. The latest is the people parking in the online order spots or the expecting mother spots. The guy that HAS to floor it to make the left turn in front of you when the light turns green; or, risks everybody's life to get around you only to immediately take the exit. I personally love the pokey driver that you just can't seem to get around; and, when you finally do, you see they are either talking on the phone or deep in conversation with a passenger. I'm stunned there aren't more accidents and more road rage incidents.

Reactions: bison13
Texting while driving is the worst, especially the idiots still typing when the light is green. I would never drive a motorcycle these day's with so many distracted drivers.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Dump trucks on the highway during early morning commute that ride in the left lane

Every
F*cking
Day
😡

I live next door to a cat hoarder. I am friends with the township code enforcement officer and he told me at one time they had 58 cats between their house, garage and property. I live in a semi rural part of Shavertown, we have streets, no sidewalks and lots of woods. The "waste" problem got so bad when I walked in my back yard, I had to decide between looking up to make sure I was not walking out into a bear, deer or some other animal or looking down to make sure I was not stepping into one of the numerous cat shit piles dotting the neighborhood. I personally saw them catching and eating wild birds, squirrels, chipmunks and even a bat! I also spoke to several other neighbors who said the cats had destroyed their gardens. We complained for the last few years and finally made an ultimatum last fall and spent a relatively cat free winter. I am holding my breath to see if they are really gone or if they just hid them indoors for the winter. I have come to 2 conclusions about feral cats: 1 they have more rights than humans and 2 they are the vanguard of an invading alien race.

So the guy across the hall in the office had the craziest dog poop story. So his lawn had a fence around it. And one day he comes out and see a bag of dog poop in his front yard. He is confused, but picks it up and throws it away. Over the next few weeks, 3 or 4 days per week there is a bag of dog poop in his yard. So he ends up rigging a trail motion sensitive video camera in his second story window aiming down at where the dog poop bag is always laying. So he sees a bag of dog poop in the yard and runs up to the camera and looks and the camera picked up the flying bag of dog poop but was not positioned to actually see who threw it. So he re-adjusts the camera a little bit to get more of the sidewalk. And the next day the bag of poop is in the yard so he goes and looks at the camera and he sees a lady walking past and she throws the poop over the fence into his yard. So he watches again and pays real close attention to the lady and figures it is his neighbor two doors down. So he collects a couple of more bags that week and just puts them in his garage. On Saturday afternoon he walks over to the neighbor who is sitting on his back porch and walks up and throws the dog poop bags on the guys patio table that he is sitting at and say 'here, you can have these back'. The neighbor obviously is taken aback and starts yelling at him what the F is he doing. With the yelling the wife walks out on the patio. So he takes out the camera and shows the husband the video. The husband then apologizes and say 'I'll take care of it, it won't happen again'. So he turns around and leaves and says after about 3 or 4 steps he hears the husband screaming at the wife the entire time he walks back to his house.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Jackoffs who carry a poop bag when walking their dog. Then, after dog craps, he looks around and if no one is watching, he leaves the poop there.

Reactions: brupsu
And once you bag it either take it home or put it in a public waste receptacle. Just because it happens to be garbage day doesn't give folks the right to throw the bag of dog poop into my can. We keep our trash cans in the garage and in the hot summer I've had to deal with the smell as folks tossed their baggies into my can after the truck had already come around for pickup.

People suck.

Last edited:
Everyone here is concerned about dog poop, my bigger concern is the dogs themselves. I've posted a thread before about large and aggressive breeds that have been off leash and left the property as we walked our small dogs by on a leash (and yes, we bag and take the poop). But when two dogs that could take out a human come running across and up the street after you and your small dogs, there is a legitimate safety concern. In this case it was a pit bull and some kind of other large mix and fortunately a teenage boy from that house came running after them to intervene.

Reactions: MacNit07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT