ADVERTISEMENT

OSU team doc Strauss accused of sexual abuse w 1,000+ Buckeyes | UPDATE: OSU coach knew, did nothing

I can't agree with that, honestly. does that include coaches too?

In my mind, it is one of two things: I way underestimated the number of adult creeps in this world or that people are piling on for free money. When I was a kid, we had some weirdos. I used to get my haircut by a guy who would drop his comb in my lap every single time. I had a tailor grab my nutsack during a fitting. I didn't file a lawsuit, become a drug addict, light candles or buy an emotional help animal. But maybe I was just lucky.

I do know, and have recounted several horror stories. There was a guy who grabbed a little gals buttt when she jumped in his arms after scoring a goal. Mom called the police, there was a weeks long investigation, and he was reported about in the local paper but no charges were ever drawn. Another guy had taken a shower and his phone was across the hall from the bathroom and rang. As he walked to get it is towel slipped. His ex wife filed charges to restrict his visitation rights as a result.

My wife used to be in the biz and did reenactments with anatomical dolls. Every male she knew that helped young boys got accused, at one point or another. The real problem is that adolescent males need to be able to talk to someone about their coming of age issues that a woman just won't get (and a girl can't talk to a guy about her issues). And this is where JS struck, unfortunately, because there is a HUGE gap in care and rehabilitation of these young boys.

I guess I just have to reset my expectations. just my opinion though...
Good opinion. It can work both ways. Unfortunately, it's probably best to not get involved at all these days.

I always tell people to question any man (not that it’s exclusive to men, mind you) that chooses to work with children. While it may be only 1 in every 100,000 (made up) that abuse children, it is pretty damn close to 100% of abusers that find themselves in a position of leadership over children.
Let’s be fair. There have been plenty of female teachers in the news over the last several years having sexual encounters with boys.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Just read an article in The Athletic about a former OSU Ice Hockey player who was drugged and raped by the team doctor. The player made complaints to the coaching staff and was eventually kicked off the team. Player said every exam involved a hernia inspection. Player's name is Al Novakowski. Article went on to mention 100's of law suits with OSU trying to avoid due o statute of limitations considerations. Remember this was an OSU paid team physician, just like MSU. Where is the justice, PSU fined massive amounts, administrators arrested, threatened to be thrown out of The Big, added loss of revenue, I believe loss of scholarships, firing of beloved Head Coach, all because of an ex-assistant football coach, not a PAID coach, not a supposedly trusted team doctor. What happened to OSU. what happened to MSU, look at North Carolina and Kansas as well as others; nothing happened to any of them. Why, because they had true leadership, compared to PSU, bend over and write a check(s).

127 rapes.

I repeat, ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN RAPES.

Just read an article in The Athletic about a former OSU Ice Hockey player who was drugged and raped by the team doctor. The player made complaints to the coaching staff and was eventually kicked off the team. Player said every exam involved a hernia inspection. Player's name is Al Novakowski. Article went on to mention 100's of law suits with OSU trying to avoid due o statute of limitations considerations. Remember this was an OSU paid team physician, just like MSU. Where is the justice, PSU fined massive amounts, administrators arrested, threatened to be thrown out of The Big, added loss of revenue, I believe loss of scholarships, firing of beloved Head Coach, all because of an ex-assistant football coach, not a PAID coach, not a supposedly trusted team doctor. What happened to OSU. what happened to MSU, look at North Carolina and Kansas as well as others; nothing happened to any of them. Why, because they had true leadership, compared to PSU, bend over and write a check(s).
Amen.

At OSU/MSU there were repeated complaints made by students and ignored by their university. Once the scandals broke, hundreds of credible victims emerged.

At PSU, there was one vague horseplay incident involving a non-student, and it was reported outside the university. After the scandal broke, only ~8-30 not so credible victims emerged.

I didn’t see anything about Strauss on the OSU halftime promotional video .

I'm sure if OSU is winning near the end of the game the announcers will make a point of rehashing Strauss and saying how much their program has overcome to get to this point.
Yep it's going to be just like PSU and the Sandusky mentions in 2016 all over again for the OSU not!

Reactions: gslachta

127 rapes.

I repeat, ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN RAPES.

Amen.

I‘m sure it’s all just a misunderstanding.

Reactions: gslachta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT