ADVERTISEMENT

OSU/Clemson Game Thread

Fowler and Herbstreit should never be able to do a OSU CFP again. They were livid with the loss. Then you have Urbs clearly still getting payday from OSU faithful given his stance on the sideline. It's the college football swamp.

Herbstreit has two son’s on Clemson’s roster, I think he was really un-biased during the game. I did not get the same impression you did.

Ha ha - ok Mary
It’s not light years but Penn State does not have the defense or - more critical - the QB performance needed to get in and win a game in the playoffs.
IMHO, I didn’t have issues with Rahne that most did. I would have replaced Pry. Any of those 4 playoff teams would have torched this defense.

The better team should be able to overcome bad officiating, at least that's what we are always told. Maybe if Ohio State would have scored a couple of touchdowns instead of field goals when they were in the red zone three times in the first half they would have won. They didn't so they lost, too bad for them.
Bingo, Ohio State has their chance to put Clemson away early.

It’s not light years but Penn State does not have the defense or - more critical - the QB performance needed to get in and win a game in the playoffs.
IMHO, I didn’t have issues with Rahne that most did. I would have replaced Pry. Any of those 4 playoff teams would have torched this defense.
Agree. Players seem to be out of position rather than getting beat most of the time on defense, and at least this year, Clifford was not good enough.

Agree. Players seem to be out of position rather than getting beat most of the time on defense, and at least this year, Clifford was not good enough.
In today’s Philly Inquirer, John Reid was quoted as asking Pry to play man-to-man. I ask the coaches here: is it possible that the entire defensive philosophy for pass defense was wrong? Is it possible that our entire secondary would have played better with less zone defense? Because I think these players are a lot better than their performance this year.

In today’s Philly Inquirer, John Reid was quoted as asking Pry to play man-to-man. I ask the coaches here: is it possible that the entire defensive philosophy for pass defense was wrong? Is it possible that our entire secondary would have played better with less zone defense? Because I think these players are a lot better than their performance this year.

We seemed to get away from our Nickel package where Reid moved to the slot WR and played LBs and Safetys in the zones. I understand that it's tough with the substitution rules, but against a team like this who wasn't going to pound the ball nor could have, we should have had 4 CBs out there some snaps.

Brisker made the play on the INT that was overturned we have waited for all year. Hopefully we can get our safety's in more of a roam the field style with gained experience.

I truly think our defense is better than we saw, against the pass, but we seemed intent on creating turnovers and letting things fizzle when 3 and outs or getting off the field on 3rd down seemed in reach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT