ADVERTISEMENT

Orion

I don't know, but I would encourage you to avoid reading the thread about the guy whose nephew is starting at PSU. As the father of a daughter about to start at PSU, it might be a bit unsettling for you to read.

Reactions: Corabi94
I don't know, but I would encourage you to avoid reading the thread about the guy whose nephew is starting at PSU. As the father of a daughter about to start at PSU, it might be a bit unsettling for you to read.
Crap like that thread makes me question why I read this site. What the F?

...my granddaughter participated in the program 3 years ago when she started her Penn State adventure...
.. she had a great time meeting other incoming Freshmen and continued an ongoing connection to Shavers Creek over the years ...
... during the school year she transports small birds and animals to local elementary schools and gives instruction about their habits and rescue...
... she loves the work and the people who are part of the programs at Shavers Creek... your daughter will have a great time...!

Reactions: Agoodnap
My son did it when he started in fall 2015 when he started as a freshman. He's an Eagle Scout so it was a natural for him - had a fantastic time and got to meet a bunch of other people in a social setting right out of the gate (which he was nervous about). Great way to knock 2 credits out in week 1 and rack up a relatively easy A. There's an optional companion 1 credit course that only lasts a few weeks into the fall, he wasn't able to take that one because of a schedule conflict so just realize that if she doesn't take that one she'll need another phys ed credit at some point and most of those classes are 1.5 .

I think it's going to be a good experience. Anyone out there know much about Orion?

http://www.shaverscreek.org/penn-state-students/aurora/orion/

The posts of advice to the dropped off a male relative sound a lot more visceral and teen age like than the posts to the guy dating the UF gal with two kids. I drop my daughter off at Main tomorrow. Much of the parenting work and the foundation is in place by now. Kids should enjoy the new experience with their eyes wide open. She will do great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT