ADVERTISEMENT

Heading to Jim Thorpe for the Weekend...(Recommendations)

MWes11

Apr 22, 2012
Anyone know of any local restaurants/bars where I can watch Penn State game or possibly PSU watch party up that way? Never been there. Any other food or bar recommendations would be greatly appreciated, as well. Thanks!! We Are!!

I watched one at Mollie Maguires one time. I think it's pretty much a Notre Dame town though. They may also be on PennTeleData, which means no BTN. Mollies is right near the square.
ND plays at 3:30, so that won't interfere.

Reactions: MWes11
I watched one at Mollie Maguires one time. I think it's pretty much a Notre Dame town though. They may also be on PennTeleData, which means no BTN. Mollies is right near the square.
Well damn. Okay, thanks for that info.

Anyone know of any local restaurants/bars where I can watch Penn State game or possibly PSU watch party up that way? Never been there. Any other food or bar recommendations would be greatly appreciated, as well. Thanks!! We Are!!
While you’re there, grab the trophy for Joey Porter Jr.

Penn's Peak is a concert venue located on top of the mountain roughly between Jim Thorpe and Big Boulder. Roadies is their restaurant which is open at noon on Saturdays. Good burger and beer place with an amazing view.

Try and call to see re tvs and game...I've only ever eaten on the deck...but could be worth the drive. Very isolated and open feeling.

Penn's Peak is a concert venue located on top of the mountain roughly between Jim Thorpe and Big Boulder. Roadies is their restaurant which is open at noon on Saturdays. Good burger and beer place with an amazing view.

Try and call to see re tvs and game...I've only ever eaten on the deck...but could be worth the drive. Very isolated and open feeling.
Penn’s Peak is adequate for a burger. We don’t eat there if we want a dinner, we’ll go to Bonnie and Clyde’s . Fwiw we might go to Penn’s Peak 6-8 times a year.

Penn’s Peak is adequate for a burger. We don’t eat there if we want a dinner, we’ll go to Bonnie and Clyde’s . Fwiw we might go to Penn’s Peak 6-8 times a year.
My cousins live year round on Bear Creek Lake near the restaurant. We tend to be up there in Summer for rafting or winter for skiing. Roadies was a fantastic stop after a family whitewater adventure when our kids were young. Maybe just my hungry, tired state of mind...but I loved that porch and grub!

My cousins said they'd have the game on if OP can't find a spot: )

ADVERTISEMENT