ADVERTISEMENT

Hawking down Horns, Irish and Boomer

Yeah, but most of those PS wins were against "weak" eastern teams🙄, at least that's what I always heard!

It'll take until long after I am gone for PSU to catch any of those teams. None of those teams are going to suddenly stop winning. Maybe the SEC will be tough on Oklahoma. I do not see it being tough on Texas.

Reactions: bdgan and tlbakernc
27 games is a lot to make up. If PSU wins 2 more per year than Texas it would take 14 years.
bd: Unless my elementary math skillz have failed me, I think the gap between PSU and Texas is 17 games, not 27 games. (930-913 =17) You still think the Lions can't catch the Horns? :cool:

bd: Unless my elementary math skillz have failed me, I think the gap between PSU and Texas is 17 games, not 27 games. (930-913 =17) You still think the Lions can't catch the Horns? :cool:
I stand corrected but yes, I think it's unlikely that PSU can catch up anytime soon (unless TX has wins taken away).

I don't know why people are thinking we cannot catch Texas and Oklahoma. Wins are going to be a lot tougher to find in the SEC. I don't expect them to leave the Big 12 and become a doormat like Nebraska did right away but they will not dominate the SEC. We should have the opportunity to pick up 1 or 2 wins on them each season once they make their move.

I don't know why people are thinking we cannot catch Texas and Oklahoma. Wins are going to be a lot tougher to find in the SEC. I don't expect them to leave the Big 12 and become a doormat like Nebraska did right away but they will not dominate the SEC. We should have the opportunity to pick up 1 or 2 wins on them each season once they make their move.
How many wins do you expect each team to average each year?

How many wins do you expect each team to average each year?
Maybe 8. They are more likely to drop off competing with Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, Tennessee, etc. than Baylor, Okie St, TCU, K St, Texas Tech, Iowa St, Kansas, and WVU.

Also, Notre Dame will eventually be forced to join a conference and have more than a couple of tough games each year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT