ADVERTISEMENT

Open Heart Surgery to Replace My Aortic Valve

Congrats. Keep us posted periodically on how things are going and what differences you notice with your stamina. That is something I may need done in the next 10 years or so, as I have a bicuspid aortic valve that has some regurgitation. I’ve know about mine since I was 18, and as I approach 50, I feel like a walking time bomb sometimes. Lol.
My bicuspid aortic valve was discovered in a routine physical at the age of 65....stethoscope picked up on some gurgling......watched it closely for a couple of years......like you said, some sense of being a walking time bomb.....then they noticed some growth in the size of aneurism.....no messing around then.....in I went....had the valve replacement operation 2 years ago .....definitely major surgery and tougher to recover when you are older.....but thankful to be where I am now....and walking 3 to 4 miles a day.

My bicuspid aortic valve was discovered in a routine physical at the age of 65....stethoscope picked up on some gurgling......watched it closely for a couple of years......like you said, some sense of being a walking time bomb.....then they noticed some growth in the size of aneurism.....no messing around then.....in I went....had the valve replacement operation 2 years ago .....definitely major surgery and tougher to recover when you are older.....but thankful to be where I am now....and walking 3 to 4 miles a day.
Glad to hear they caught it. I have mine checked every year by my cardiologist. I have an echo every 2 years.

Good luck. Hope you're up and moo-ving around soon. :)

images
Too soon.

I thought what you wrote was awesome. I was (trying) to be funny. And why does everyone assume I got booted off the den? Let’s ask my boy @Hotshoe
Heading home tomorrow. Still weak but improving every day. Not sure if I will be home in time for the game. Might be a good idea to tape it.
thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes. Next, let’s get GLOV better.

Heading home tomorrow. Still weak but improving every day. Not sure if I will be home in time for the game. Might be a good idea to tape it.
thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes. Next, let’s get GLOV better.
Glad to hear that. Don’t overdo it tomorrow. Hope your home care nurse is not a Rutgers fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT