ADVERTISEMENT

My favorite accomplishment this year

Conewago

Jul 10, 2017
I haven't verified this but Byers said Kasak is only the 7th man to finish 3rd after a first round loss. The first man to do it was also a Nittany Lion: John Lange in 1998.

after Kasak lost, I told a friend even an All American finish would be extremely difficult, and a 3rd place finish pretty extraordinary. I didn't know it was that out of the ordinary.

I haven't verified this but Byers said Kasak is only the 7th man to finish 3rd after a first round loss. The first man to do it was also a Nittany Lion: John Lange in 1998.

after Kasak lost, I told a friend even an All American finish would be extremely difficult, and a 3rd place finish pretty extraordinary. I didn't know it was that out of the ordinary.
Just doing some math… but the tournament field expanded to 32 in 1967.

Ignoring the pigtail match that has since also been added, that means there have been 912 wrestlers lose in the 1st round at nationals. If only 7 have done it, then that’s 0.7675%.

Just doing some math… but the tournament field expanded to 32 in 1967.

Ignoring the pigtail match that has since also been added, that means there have been 912 wrestlers lose in the 1st round at nationals. If only 7 have done it, then that’s 0.7675%.
Math in the morning after NCAA's, what's wrong with you. All I know is it's a lot less than 83%.

I believe he was actually the 9th to do so. Still a relatively rare event and I told him at the social that I was damned impressed with his grit and focus to complete the tournament like that.

Nick Lee made it back to 5th after his opening round loss (via fall).

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
I believe he was actually the 9th to do so. Still a relatively rare event and I told him at the social that I was damned impressed with his grit and focus to complete the tournament like that.

Nick Lee made it back to 5th after his opening round loss (via fall).
Thanks KC

Reactions: KCLion

How many TF have done it?

update to all my PSU friends I have decided that no surgery it is simply to dangerous DR told me it was 50/50 way to low for me I will continue my chemo and hope for the best my tumor does seem to be shrinking thanks to all on this site
On the subject of health, I wonder whether the magic crystals that a Ferrari is selling would help, in addition to the chemo. 🤪

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT