ADVERTISEMENT

On BTN @ 4:00

I havent seen a PSU game on that BS network in a long time. Every nite it is some other schools "classic" Nite. Hell, they even had a "Rutgers Football Classic" last week. I didn't think there could be such a thing!

I caught a replay of the BIG championship game the other night. I have the OSU game dvr'd so I re-watch that when I need a fix. When's our 39-0 game vs Rutgers being replayed?

Rutgers will be looking for some serious payback this year.

DVD-Extra-Mr-Magoo-more-cartoons-HCJ06JP-x-large.jpg

As weather blacked out my dish, I just watched the first quarter of the Pinstripe Bowl I had recorded. Although I was there, watching it without tailgate eyes was cool. I was reminded Hack had 8 Td's and 15 int's on the year but he looked good and had command in that game.

That said, what a difference in what we have now. So glad those days are over.

Reactions: BBrown
I havent seen a PSU game on that BS network in a long time. Every nite it is some other schools "classic" Nite. Hell, they even had a "Rutgers Football Classic" last week. I didn't think there could be such a thing!
I have PS Vue which has a 28 day DVR. I setup Penn State football classics as a favorite show which means that Vue will save a game for 28 days to view. If that same game comes on again, the timer restarts and you have another 28 days. For a couple months now I have had like 6-7 games available to watch, which means they were played within the last 4 weeks. Off the top of my head, they had the following:

PSU/OSU 2016
PSU/WISKY BT Championship
PSU/ATM Alamo Bowl 2007 season
PSU/MINN 2016
PSU/LSU Capital One Bowl 2009 season
PSU/BC Pinstripe Bowl - 2014 season

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I have PS Vue which has a 28 day DVR. I setup Penn State football classics as a favorite show which means that Vue will save a game for 28 days to view. If that same game comes on again, the timer restarts and you have another 28 days. For a couple months now I have had like 6-7 games available to watch, which means they were played within the last 4 weeks. Off the top of my head, they had the following:

PSU/OSU 2016
PSU/MINN 2016
Even you have admit, we get stiffed on that channel compared to the other teams. If you're now defending the B1G, you're really off your rocker.

Even you have admit, we get stiffed on that channel compared to the other teams. If you're now defending the B1G, you're really off your rocker.
We probably get the third most coverage on the network. You should be a Rutgers fan if you want to see what getting stiffed really is like.

How about the 31-0 OSU Clemson game, but you will never see that on BTN. What a joke to show a 78-0 game, only on the BTN. My only surprise is that they don't play the 49-10 win over PSU as a Michigan Classic over and over, the only team they beat all year that won a Conference Championship.

Last edited:
We probably get the third most coverage on the network. You should be a Rutgers fan if you want to see what getting stiffed really is like.
Come on man, they're Rutgers. They don't even have fans. Did you see the 4th quarter of the game this year in NJ? The only fans left were the pack of Penn Staters. What kind of ratings would a Rutgers game get?

I guess we'll see what kind of coverage we get if we really start dominating. That will be telling.

PSU/OSU 2016
PSU/MINN 2016
Hell, they show that many Michigan games in a day.

PSU/OSU 2016
PSU/MINN 2016
The 2007 Alamo Bowl... yes that was really a classic.

Let's hope they never find the VHS tapes of the Blockbuster Bowls. They'll be on an infinite loop

Reactions: psuno1
How about the 31-0 OSU Clemson game, but you will never see that on BTN. What a joke to show a 78-0 game, only on the BTN. My only surprise is that they don't play the 49-10 win over PSU as a Michigan Classic over and over, the only team they beat all year that won a Conference Championship.

I'm not sure about the costs of playing certain games.

A playoff game from last year, do you think that's the same as a Rutgers game that likely was originally broadcast by BTN?

LdN

I'm not sure about the costs of playing certain games.

A playoff game from last year, do you think that's the same as a Rutgers game that likely was originally broadcast by BTN?

LdN
If OSU would have won 31-0 I don't see them caring about cost. Just saying BTN dose not like to put OSU and Meatchicken in a bad light, but play PSU loses all day long.

Less than OSU and Michigan, not the others.
At first I thought you were just a garbage man. Now I realize your an assistant to the assistant of the people that are afraid of 409 stickers on hockey helmets.

Serious question, do you think the B1G ever jobs us?

Uh, that game will be on next week.

And they did show last year's PSU-Indiana dame today.

At first I thought you were just a garbage man. Now I realize your an assistant to the assistant of the people that are afraid of 409 stickers on hockey helmets.

Serious question, do you think the B1G ever jobs us?
Sure they have. That wasn't the question, it was if they screw us on the BTN. They dont. BTW, they played a couple of our games tonight.

Sure they have. That wasn't the question, it was if they screw us on the BTN. They dont. BTW, they played a couple of our games tonight.
I disagree. They have a bias. I was at that OSU game in 2014 and we got jobbed. All time great game though. Why aren't they putting that game on repeat???? You know why.

I disagree. They have a bias. I was at that OSU game in 2014 and we got jobbed. All time great game though. Why aren't they putting that game on repeat???? You know why.
Because that happened in 2014. They showed the repeat several times in 2015.

Because that happened in 2014. They showed the repeat several times in 2015.
And they will continue to pimp that game into the future. But will never show the replays(which were supposedly not working in the booth) and the field goal time clock garbage. I said pimp.

And they will continue to pimp that game into the future. But will never show the replays(which were supposedly not working in the booth) and the field goal time clock garbage. I said pimp.
You are taking this way too personally. The BTN has been great for PSU athletics. We get a ton of air time on the network.

You are taking this way too personally. The BTN has been great for PSU athletics. We get a ton of air time on the network.
Delany blows and screws us. If you think I'm in the minority then watch the trophy ceremony at the B1G championship. Our biggest fans drove and flew across the country to boo that asshole. You remember that?

Reactions: 10 Years After
Delany blows and screws us. If you think I'm in the minority then watch the trophy ceremony at the B1G championship. Our biggest fans drove and flew across the country to boo that asshole. You remember that?
You understand I am specifically talking about the BTN, right? Good Lord, take your meds and calm down. The BTN has been nothing but good and fair to us.

You understand I am specifically talking about the BTN, right? Good Lord, take your meds and calm down. The BTN has been nothing but good and fair to us.
Are BTN and B1G different entities and how so? What is the affiliation and does Delany have say in programming? You should know because you have all answers at UP with parking and restroom facilities.

Last edited:
The BTN has been nothing but good and fair to us.

You've got to be kidding or are just totally disingenuous. This time last year it was the all MSU football channel, enough to make us all puke Spartan green. Where is the same PSU love? After all we are the reigning champs just like MSU was last year. Chirp, chirp, chirp.....that's right those are the BTN crickets.

You've got to be kidding or are just totally disingenuous. This time last year it was the all MSU football channel, enough to make us all puke Spartan green. Where is the same PSU love? After all we are the reigning champs just like MSU was last year. Chirp, chirp, chirp.....that's right those are the BTN crickets.
As I said, we have had a bunch of our past games on recently. Heck, that championship game alone gets played several times each week.

Are BTN and B1G different entities and how so? What is the affiliation and does Delany have say in programming? You should know because you have all answers at UP with parking and restroom facilities.
Yes, they are separate. The BTN is 51% owned by Fox, and they handle programming decisions. Sure, the Big Ten works with them on such things, but the BTN is a Fox product.

Less than OSU and Michigan, not the others.
Man, on here arguing with everyone again. Wow....maybe you should start to wonder if you really are a PSU fan (which I'm pretty sure you're not). So if you admit it's less than OSU and Michigan, that in itself means we're getting jobbed. This is a conference of 14 members...what justification can there be that two of those members get obvious and complete preferential treatment? Getmyjive motto...it's okay to treat me like shit as long as you treat someone else worse.

Man, on here arguing with everyone again. Wow....maybe you should start to wonder if you really are a PSU fan (which I'm pretty sure you're not). So if you admit it's less than OSU and Michigan, that in itself means we're getting jobbed. This is a conference of 14 members...what justification can there be that two of those members get obvious and complete preferential treatment? Getmyjive motto...it's okay to treat me like shit as long as you treat someone else worse.
We aren't treated like shit on the network. People vlaim that our games aren't shown and that is not true. They are shown plenty of times. We are well represented there.

We aren't treated like shit on the network. People vlaim that our games aren't shown and that is not true. They are shown plenty of times. We are well represented there.
But by your own admission not as much as Michigan and OSU...therefore (follow me now) we get unfairly treated as do the remaining schools in the Big. But apparently, according to you, that's okay and we should be happy with the scraps we get.

But by your own admission not as much as Michigan and OSU...therefore (follow me now) we get unfairly treated as do the remaining schools in the Big. But apparently, according to you, that's okay and we should be happy with the scraps we get.
Yeah, I'm fine with it. Life isn't fair... nothing is equal in this world. We are doing just fine and the BTN does a good job with marketing for us.

I do not like the B1G or its general attitude towards PSU since 1990. That said, who cares what reruns are on the BTN? It's not going to affect the program. The NCAA levied sanctions that were supposed to make the program uncompetitive forever; PSU never had a losing season and won the B1G before the original sanction period was even over. Do you think BTN programming will really have any impact?

I do not like the B1G or its general attitude towards PSU since 1990. That said, who cares what reruns are on the BTN? It's not going to affect the program. The NCAA levied sanctions that were supposed to make the program uncompetitive forever; PSU never had a losing season and won the B1G before the original sanction period was even over. Do you think BTN programming will really have any impact?
Well, the constant exposure certainly helps OSU and Michigan. Increased exposure can't hurt, but alas, we will never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT