ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Olympic Trials match and discussion thread

How come no Nolf side by side? They were showing Greco side by side earlier....
They had to show that great role model JB 100% of the time. That was over the line, replay showed two hands forcefully down onto Mitchell's head. Classless, but look who's in his corner.
And then they go to the back like a 1985 version of the Iron Shiek and Freddie Blassie.

Reactions: danoftw
Mitchell was trying to get a reaction out of Burroughs, he was doing a lot after the whistle. Burroughs reacted.
I'm sure Burroughs tired pretty early and was a bit frustrated getting booed on US soil. Mitch did hold on to his ankles pretty long after the whistle but JB's overreaction surprised me. Especially after they stepped off the mat. Does weight cutting make you that angry?

I realized that about 5 years ago when he suggested Police Officers learn double leg takedowns. Awesome idea. Roll around on the ground with perps.
Yep. Dumb statement. The lesson is don't mess with the police. End of discussion.

They have a gun at their side, the last thing they want or need to do with an unknown is wrestle around on the ground playing who can grab the gun first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and TangSoo
I'll be the outlier and say that MM was a little over the line with the head pushes and ankle grabbing well after the whistle. It was chippy if I'm being honest. JB had a right to be sideways about it although he went over the line as well. What MM learned is that he has a ways to go to compete at the highest level and that experience matters. What JB learned is that the youth of today don't care about his resume. They want to kill the king.
I agree JB was within his right there--though he seems to relish the PSU hate. Manning on the other hand...

Reactions: Fatmarc
Can we just be a little understanding of Burroughs, knowing that he's almost 36 and this is the end-that these youngers don't prostrate themself before his regal presence, so he can make the grand exit.

Personally, I'd like to dedicate a song to him.

Reactions: danoftw and ccdiver
I'll be the outlier and say that MM was a little over the line with the head pushes and ankle grabbing well after the whistle. It was chippy if I'm being honest. JB had a right to be sideways about it although he went over the line as well. What MM learned is that he has a ways to go to compete at the highest level and that experience matters. What JB learned is that the youth of today don't care about his resume. They want to kill the king.
Nah, MM was pushing the action, which JB used against him. JB should have acted like he had already been there and done that. Bad look. Love the guy, and won't condemn, but his actions on the mat were absolute bs. The socks, and the push down on the head of MM were bush league.

Used to chew on teaberry bark during deer season.

You mean birch bark right? I did that (too).

Teaberries grow on the ground, and you can chew the leaves if you aren't sensitive/allergic to Methyl salicylate, (the active part of wintergreen) teaberries are the berry of the wintergreen plant.

Reactions: Ski
Cox has owned Moore historically but if J’Den wrestles like I’m told he did this morning I think Moore has a good chance

The announcer said Cox had to pull out.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

How’s everyone feeling about Gwiz vs Kerk? I think Kerk wins but Gwiz is a damn good wrestler. Could be a real changing of the guard with Parris and Kerk completely taking over from Gwiz and Zilmer

? The only head I saw being pushed was Messenbrinks lol

Just an observation, or maybe, US wrestlers are busy, but it appears to me, there are very few wrestlers being put on the 30 second clock?

How’s everyone feeling about Gwiz vs Kerk? I think Kerk wins but Gwiz is a damn good wrestler. Could be a real changing of the guard with Parris and Kerk completely taking over from Gwiz and Zilmer
No idea, but Greg just looked amazing earlier today.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT