ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Olympic Trials match and discussion thread

Yeah, and Elor not only has a head start on Blades, but a lower floor. I love the way Blades wrestles, but we've seen she needs more strength to overcome skilled technical wrestlers that also possess brute strength. Her beating Adeline is a great sign on that front, though.
I don't know that Blades can add much strength/muscle. Everything I see indicates she's having some trouble holding 76kg. She didn't totally gas like she did in the 2023 WTT, but she certainly didn't look comfortable as the periods wore on. Her first periods were also a lot better than her seconds.

She might have a bigger problem in 2028. Amit Elor. So far, 68kg looks like not a great weight for her. She's still winning, but not as dominantly as she did at 72kg. I wouldn't be surprised if Elor went up to 76kg in 2028.

She was super close to throwing up twice, but held it in, in fact.
giphy.gif

Transformational requires more than simple greatness. That thing we all refer to as the "it" factor. The Blades girl was entertaining as hell to watch.

Oh yeah. Top 5 greatest American wrestler? Most decorated maybe. Most accomplished maybe. She is as much Top 5 greatest American wrestler as Caitlin Clark is Top 5 American basketball player.
I agree I think blades is great I was just asking why you felt that way …on the other hand that gray Clark comparison is ridiculous..gray was winning medals before the USA decided they cared about Womens wrestling and invested in it, she’s the most decorated Womens wrestler in us history ..when she started her career Womens wrestling was an afterthought now it’s the fastest growing W sport in America I’m sure her success contributed to that ..Clark is probably just a flash in time , I don’t think the Womens tournament will come close to the viewership without Clark and I doubt 10,000s are suddenly going to tune into wnba games

Reactions: Ski
Are you saying this because of her personality or the style she wrestles ? Bc the women she beat made 9 straight world teams (sat out a year to have twins) and won 10 medals .accomplishment wise it ll take a decade and some good health and luck for Blades to even match that. Gray is probably a top 5 American wrestler male or female ever and idk if she even moved the needle a little when it comes to being transformational
I mean mostly her wrestling, but her personality fits the superstar mold as well. Some of the throws and 4-point moves were spectacular.

Reactions: Psufan2427 and 1AA
Finally headed west after long weekend. We had a great time. State College is a very friendly nice clean community. Had amazing food and drinks and met many wrestling fans.
Loved driving through all the hardwood forests. Next time we come over I need to find a way to be able to cut few of them🤘.
The format was very similar to the last trials in Fort Worth so I really don't think that it's going to change. We enjoy watching the women's and the Greco so didn't get bothered by the flow. My wife actually thinks there should be women's greco. Bathrooms always filled up right after a NLWC match so timing that was helpful.
Watching Hall in tears after his last match was tough and ill always remember that.
Let's go Spencer and Zain go qualify those 2 weights!

I agree I think blades is great I was just asking why you felt that way …on the other hand that gray Clark comparison is ridiculous..gray was winning medals before the USA decided they cared about Womens wrestling and invested in it, she’s the most decorated Womens wrestler in us history ..when she started her career Womens wrestling was an afterthought now it’s the fastest growing W sport in America I’m sure her success contributed to that ..Clark is probably just a flash in time , I don’t think the Womens tournament will come close to the viewership without Clark and I doubt 10,000s are suddenly going to tune into wnba games
The Iowa LSU final, the Iowa LSU regional final and the Iowa USC final are the three largest TV audience basketball games (men's March Madness and all NBA games included) played in the past year or two. Clark and Reese who are both very talented and driven have played a huge part in increasing the general popularity of women's basketball. Even if they proved to be the reasons for women's basketball surpassing men's basketball in interest and popularity (if that were to happen), neither would still be one of the greatest basketball players ever.

I would be all in for a max of 6 pts for one move. Continued exposure greater than 5 seconds, should at least be worth 4 pts.
In my day,,,butt cheek to butt cheek was worth butkiss. Hand to hand worth 1. Back exposure had to actually occur. And a couple of years in there you could only score backs with one move at a time, then had to change hold/technique. The way they score it now has pushed the sport back 100 years.
Of course you are going to turn instead of letting your tibias break.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT