ADVERTISEMENT

OL question .....

dawgduice

Jun 2, 2006
kind of silly but. Do you think our OL would be better if we had 3 NFL level guys playing?
What if last year - Diff was not injured, Gilliam did not leave early and we had Smith. Would those guys playing together have made a difference ?

Trying to make a point. How good would our DL be without: Nassib, Johnson and Zettel ?

For those that continue to say can Franklin coach? What he gets NO credit for the defense??? With the NFL guys. My point is without the players you can't play the game !!!

I think Franklin will restore to program to a place we have not been since the 90"s.

So the question you are asking is would this team be better if it had better players? I'll have to think about that one for a while.

We had two of the three last season and the line struggled. Donovan's scheme is part of the problem.

kind of silly but. Do you think our OL would be better if we had 3 NFL level guys playing?
What if last year - Diff was not injured, Gilliam did not leave early and we had Smith. Would those guys playing together have made a difference ?

Trying to make a point. How good would our DL be without: Nassib, Johnson and Zettel ?

For those that continue to say can Franklin coach? What he gets NO credit for the defense??? With the NFL guys. My point is without the players you can't play the game !!!

I think Franklin will restore to program to a place we have not been since the 90"s.

I am willing to give him and his coaches a couple more years before I call for his head. I would hope that he is astute enough to know if his coaches are doing the job and if not, replace them as necessary. Funny thing around this board, a lot of the guys screaming and kicking about the offensive coaches were silent and said nothing about the coaching nepotism and incompetence on the offensive side of the ball that was common place, after Fran Ganter retired.

Last edited:
I am willing to give him and his coaches a couple more years before I call for his head. I would hope that he is astute enough to know if his coaches are doing the job and if not, replace them as necessary. Funny thing around this board, a lot of the guys screaming and kicking about the offensive coaches were silent and said nothing about the coaching nepotism and incompetence on the offensive side of the ball that was common place, after Fran Ganter retired.

A couple more years? No way. You are basically going to give them 4 years to use the excuse that they need more experience. That is ridiculous. Two years is plenty of time to see some progress and this offense has not shown any progress. Donovan needs to go. If we give the staff 4 years then Donovan will sink the whole ship. If they replace Donovan with a 4 star OC they can compete for a national championship in the near future. That will nto happen with Donovan.

A couple more years? No way. You are basically going to give them 4 years to use the excuse that they need more experience. That is ridiculous. Two years is plenty of time to see some progress and this offense has not shown any progress. Donovan needs to go. If we give the staff 4 years then Donovan will sink the whole ship. If they replace Donovan with a 4 star OC they can compete for a national championship in the near future. That will nto happen with Donovan.

This year is not yet half over and at this point we are 4 -1. Lets see how it plays out.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
This year is not yet half over and at this point we are 4 -1. Lets see how it plays out.

They are 4-1 but the offense is a bad. The offense struggled all last year too. It is not like I am judging based on one game. Donovan was the weak link at Vandy too. When this staff was hired the Vandy fans even singled out Donovan as the guy they did not mind losing.

Should Butler have been given 3 MORE years? Some players only get ONE game and the coaches can judge them. Why do coaches need 4 years?

I have seen enough of JD. I wish him well but he is not good enough for PSU.

They are 4-1 but the offense is a bad. The offense struggled all last year too. It is not like I am judging based on one game. Donovan was the weak link at Vandy too. When this staff was hired the Vandy fans even singled out Donovan as the guy they did not mind losing.

You may be right, I am simply willing to be a bit more patient. Ultimately it is Franklin's responsibility. He will either sink or swim depending on how he manages the program.

You may be right, I am simply willing to be a bit more patient. Ultimately it is Franklin's responsibility. He will either sink or swim depending on how he manages the program.

I don't want him to sink. Donovan is a lead weight. I am hoping Franklin does the right thing and moves on.

The staff is more than willing to move on from players. Kasey Gaines did not get 4 years to prove himself. When the staff was hired they said their were going to be some player changes. One coach said, "It is nothing personal but we want to win." I look at the coaches the same. It is nothing personal but I want to win too. I want to be able beat teams better than Army. We need at least an average offense and that takes more than positive thinking.

Well, I guess the point I was trying to make just fell on deaf ears. Oh, well.

So the question you are asking is would this team be better if it had better players? I'll have to think about that one for a while.

OK, have you had enough time to think? :)

I had hoped that maybe some would give Franklin "a little" credit AND look at the talent on "both" sides of the ball.

I don't think anybody expects this team to go 11-1. We just expect the team to play up to the level of recriuting and to continually improve.

I think most people think the defense is playing up to its potential but the offense is not. The OL has limited depth but they are 3* and 4* players that have been in the system for 3+ years. Hack is a 5* QB in his 3rd year. WRS are highly ranked but young, but Lewis & Hamilton have been here for 3 years. Lynch and Carter are upperclassmen. The PSU offense is not back to pre sanction strength but it should be strong enough to easily handle teams like UB & Army. Even teams like Indy, Md, & Ill. We're not seeing that so the criticism is valid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT