ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, what was your scariest movie-clip, of any film, that scared the sheet out of you as a child?

Or even now.

Here's one of mine

Post yours!!

scene in the original"the thing" where a chewed off hand from the thing was on a table and, with the appropriate eerie music playing, it began to move it's fingers. must have been about 8 or 9 at the time. it was at night, and we lived over a pretty long bridge over the river. left the theater at the end and ran from the theater to all the way home( about a mile). didn't stop till i hit the stairs to the apartment at full speed. movie still gives me the creeps:D.

Reactions: brupsu and TheGLOV
The original Night of The Living Dead scared the crap out of me.
Also didn't help that Johnstown and Ebensburg were right down 219 from me.
Later on in 10th grade a bunch of us went to see them filming in Monroeville mall. It was a hoot shopping in a Walden's books and seeing zombies shuffling around.

In the original Howard Hawks "The thing from another planet," when the open the greenhouse door and the monster (James Arness) swings his thorn-fingered hand. Couple open doors without a little anxiety for years

Reactions: brupsu
As a kid, Henry Fonda had an early scene in Once Upon a Time in the West that scared the hell out of me with his steely cold, staring, murderers eyes. Great job of casting against type in that movie and pulling it off.

Last edited:
scene in the original"the thing" where a chewed off hand from the thing was on a table and, with the appropriate eerie music playing, it began to move it's fingers. must have been about 8 or 9 at the time. it was at night, and we lived over a pretty long bridge over the river. left the theater at the end and ran from the theater to all the way home( about a mile). didn't stop till i hit the stairs to the apartment at full speed. movie still gives me the creeps:D.
The scene where they open the greenhouse door and its standing there.What do you do to a carrot?

The Shining sisters. Dad just got the illegal cable box in the early eighties. I was 10-11 and thought I could watch it alone one night. Nope.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT