ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Folks; Outside of Family, Religion, and Penn State, what is your favorite thing in life?

Nice portfolio!! My wife is very good( she did display some at the Greenbriar). I am trying my best. I’ve gotten descent at stuff underwater, but I’d like to do better topside. I need some help w photoshop, mostly to get the back scatter out of the underwater stuff. I know how, but I suck at layer masks.
Yeah, instead of the darkroom like pre-1990's, most of us are stuck working on computers to maximize our images.

I tend to use Lightroom and Luminar 4 for most of my post-processing. I probably only use about 20% of the capability of Photoshop. Keep at it and good luck with it. I love looking at underwater photographs.

Reactions: sluggo72
Jogging, hiking, golf, gardening and lawn, cornhole, anything outside including sitting!

No Dan, never have tried it, but it sure looks like a great challenge.i'm not the steadiest in a boat,so it would be tough for me. I've had it in the back of my mind to take a Bahama trip for bonefish, where I have at least a chance to wade. Hope things loosen up so you can back to your passion.

Reactions: Cold Smoke
I’m a VAG man and passed it to my sons. Car culture is life.
DAD
eyJ7BZT.jpg

Son1
ZGQSF3D.jpg

Son2
mRfOal3.jpg

I used to enjoy a lot of vag, but it was expensive and a PITA. If I could do it over again, I would lease my vag and trade it in for a new one every year or two. Leasing can be expensive too, but in the long run it is still cheaper than buying and you are always the envy of your friends still driving their older models.

No Dan, never have tried it, but it sure looks like a great challenge.i'm not the steadiest in a boat,so it would be tough for me. I've had it in the back of my mind to take a Bahama trip for bonefish, where I have at least a chance to wade. Hope things loosen up so you can back to your passion.

Thanks dh. Take that Bahamas trip as soon as you can swing it. The first run of a good size bonefish is truly unforgettable. Even a two/three pound fish will stun you with its speed and power. Check out “Bonefish and Tarpon Trust” if you don’t know it. This great conservation outfit has put together the best bio info on bones in the Bahamas. Some great video also. Tight lines, as they say.

Reactions: doublehaul
Thanks dh. Take that Bahamas trip as soon as you can swing it. The first run of a good size bonefish is truly unforgettable. Even a two/three pound fish will stun you with its speed and power. Check out “Bonefish and Tarpon Trust” if you don’t know it. This great conservation outfit has put together the best bio info on bones in the Bahamas. Some great video also. Tight lines, as they say.
Watch Buccaneers and Bones all the time, which is sponsored by the BTT. That's part of the inspiration for chasing the ghost of the flats

Travel, experiential dining/drinking (wineries, unique dining experiences, etc.), cinema, reading.

I meant gun(s) thx
I have a 20 gauge Ithaca 37 Featherweight that I bought with paper route money when I was in JR high. I don’t use it often, but it has a soft spot in my heart. I have a Browning Citori 725 12 gauge o/u that I use for sporting clays and sometimes for pheasant. I have a 28 gauge Franchi 48AL that I’ve used for chukar and quail. My go to guns for grouse, pheasant, and chukar are either my 20 or 16 gauge Browning Citori Superlite Feather O/U. I have a 16 gauge flintlock fowler that I got last summer, but haven’t used yet.

Reactions: ClarkstonMark
I have a 20 gauge Ithaca 37 Featherweight that I bought with paper route money when I was in JR high. I don’t use it often, but it has a soft spot in my heart. I have a Browning Citori 725 12 gauge o/u that I use for sporting clays and sometimes for pheasant. I have a 28 gauge Franchi 48AL that I’ve used for chukar and quail. My go to guns for grouse, pheasant, and chukar are either my 20 or 16 gauge Browning Citori Superlite Feather O/U. I have a 16 gauge flintlock fowler that I got last summer, but haven’t used yet.
Forgot about my Merkle 1620 S/S. Too pretty to use in tough brush or bad weather.

I can understand that. Deer hunting is pretty involved. That said, have you kept small game hunting? I get looks down here in N.C. when I talk about squirrel hunting But you can’t take the Pennsylvania out of me. I learned how to hunt killing bushy tales and I’ll always hunt them. My son and daughter will learn the same way.
Used to hunt them all the time when I was a young kid.
I can understand that. Deer hunting is pretty involved. That said, have you kept small game hunting? I get looks down here in N.C. when I talk about squirrel hunting But you can’t take the Pennsylvania out of me. I learned how to hunt killing bushy tales and I’ll always hunt them. My son and daughter will learn the same way.
Used to hunt squirrels a lot way back in junior high and high school. Was really fun. Often have thought it would be really cool with one of those new fangled air rifles. Unfortunately my mom is no longer around to make me the pot pie and I just can’t see my academic wife cooking squirrel.

Used to hunt squirrels a lot way back in junior high and high school. Was really fun. Often have thought it would be really cool with one of those new fangled air rifles. Unfortunately my mom is no longer around to make me the pot pie and I just can’t see my academic wife cooking squirrel.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Funny that you say that. This is the conversation I have with my wife quite often. She says if I go hunting and bring something other than venison, pig or bear home that I’ll need to cook it. Came up today actually when there was a rabbit in the back yard and o told her that if I build her the planter boxes she wants for vegetable gardens, I’m going to have to start killing the rabbits out son loves to watch. She said “if you do, don’t tell me you did it and you have to cook it, but I’ll eat whatever you cook”

Cut from the same general cloth as your wife. Professional woman raised in the city.

Reactions: CoastGuard2018

The Ithaca Model 37 20 Gauge was my first gun, as well. Still remember it under the Christmas tree with my fluorescent orange vest. Still my favorite rabbit and squirrel gun.

Yuengling, hp calculators, Calculus, Microsoft Surface Pros, Cruises with my wife, Penn State game videos on my 65-inch LG OLED TV, food, walking when this thing is over.

so you know, Harry is a great photographer in his own right. Shot state football from the sidelines for the yearbook, shot my wedding (really just a keg party) lots of my son2’s lax etc
Did not know that. Harry has at least one up on me, that's for sure. I have never had the chance (or the right lenses) to shoot a football game from the sideline. Well done Harry!

Reactions: PSUHarry33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT