ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio state Vs. Meyer

OmahaBuck15

Aug 20, 2018
Source: OSU offered Meyer a buyout and Meyer Legal team called their bluff and is all in on Meyer’s reputation threatening long legal battle; source says the committee believes backing down to Meyer will blow over faster than years worth of court battles and Meyer will be announced reinstated for time served. Reason for law firm budget adjustment is for retainer if they decide to pursue termination.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Source: OSU offered Meyer a buyout and Meyer Legal team called their bluff and is all in on Meyer’s reputation threatening long legal battle; source says the committee believes backing down to Meyer will blow over faster than years worth of court battles and Meyer will be announced reinstated for time served. Reason for law firm budget adjustment is for retainer if they decide to pursue termination.

Making your BOT as Pussy like as ours. Pathetic ....If true, do they think this will not be common knowledge in short order? Good God, are they trying to make SCUM and Harbaugh look good?

Source: OSU offered Meyer a buyout and Meyer Legal team called their bluff and is all in on Meyer’s reputation threatening long legal battle; source says the committee believes backing down to Meyer will blow over faster than years worth of court battles and Meyer will be announced reinstated for time served.
This would kinda make sense of the post from the bucknuts poster that said Meyer was told he was being let go.

Thanks for the update.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
who_I-am.gif

Your first post. What's up with that?

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Here's a thought.... fire his ass with no compensation, Let his lawyers work on that. Watch the good ones line up for 30% of nothing.

No problem. They can call PSUs BOT, and they’ll gladly cut Urby a check for like $100 mil.

Here's a thought.... fire his ass with no compensation, Let his lawyers work on that. Watch the good ones line up for 30% of nothing.
Yeah, I mean I can’t imagine that osu doesn’t have the in house and external resources to grind down Meyer. I believe the ultimate outcome described by the op but think it’s solely because they didn’t want to fire him to begin with, not because Meyer strong armed them.

Unreal if true where’s Delany

Let me see here, a poster called OmahaBuck makes his first post on the Pennstate board regarding sensitive information regarding a huge issue for OSU and we are -to take it seriously??? Um yea

What about the reputation of Joe. The PSU debacle has certainly taught many how not to do things. Delaney where are you? Emmert where are you? Meyers reputation has been taken hits for a period of time, remember Florida and the clean up that was necessary after his departure. Same thing here! LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.

LMAO. Sorry but if that's true its one of the saddest most pathetic things I've ever heard.

Reminds me of George Costanza working at Play Now Sports. The company wanted him to leave but he forced them to honor the contract. Maybe Meyer will come to work someday and his office door will be boarded shut. He should be alright as long as nobody throws an oil filled ball out a window.

I hope Meyer at least fires Delaney.

How amazing is it that Emmert and Delaney haven't gone after MSU and OSU? Only two differences that I see. 1) Their BOTs didn't throw their coaches under the bus, and 2) The coaches don't have the fame and reputation of Joe Paterno.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Problem with this scenario. If there are grounds to dismiss Meyer they would be contained in the report Debevoise was hired to produce for OSU. So what does OSU do with the report? Bury it? Doctor it to reflect benign circumstances? That's risky stuff.

Problem with this scenario. If there are grounds to dismiss Meyer they would be contained in the report Debevoise was hired to produce for OSU. So what does OSU do with the report? Bury it? Doctor it to reflect benign circumstances? That's risky stuff.

I don't believe OSU ever said the report would be made public.

Breaking news!
Urban pushes back on suspension! Instead AD will serve 2 games and President the other two. Further Urban says if they don’t STFU he won’t let them attend the White Out.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
What about the reputation of Joe. The PSU debacle has certainly taught many how not to do things. Delaney where are you? Emmert where are you? Meyers reputation has been taken hits for a period of time, remember Florida and the clean up that was necessary after his departure. Same thing here! LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.
If you allow your football coach to hold your school hostage, there is definitely a lack of institutional control.

I don't believe OSU ever said the report would be made public.

Not sure that it matters. If there is a disconnect between the findings of the report and the actions taken, there is always a possibility, a good one, of those findings leaking out.

Not sure that it matters. If there is a disconnect between the findings of the report and the actions taken, there is always a possibility, a good one, of those findings leaking out.

I don't disagree, however, even if their BOT lacks a spine it is unlikely they lack arrogance. The investigate team also presented their findings verbally to the bot. Doesn't bode well for anything concrete becoming public.

Last edited:
If you allow your football coach to hold your school hostage, there is definitely a lack of institutional control.
Remember when opposing fanbases claimed that Joe was the most powerful man in the state? If this plays out as the OP suggests, this seems like more of a power play than anything we ever heard from Paterno.

Reactions: ImaWright
Remember when opposing fanbases claimed that Joe was the most powerful man in the state? If this plays out as the OP suggests, this seems like more of a power play than anything we ever heard from Paterno.

Yep.

I'm not sure if I believe the original post ---- but IF it is true, well, that tells you the most powerful man in Columbus isn't Governor Kasich. It's literally a case of Meyer holding Ohio State University hostage!

Last edited:
Reactions: ImaWright
This is absolutely laughable. We wanted to punish Coach Meyer but he wouldn't let us. That might be the new definition of LOIC!

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT