ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio state Vs. Meyer

Which is why we need to see what the investigation uncovers. If his only participation was trying to stop whatever “something” he knew about, where’s the terminable offense? That’s not participating. Just having a bad apple performing scandalous acts in the background isn’t allowing something to develop, even if it ends up being embarrassing.

But your point re who looks worse is a very good one. All look bad.

I think he is "participating" if he keeps him employed.

How about keeping a woman abuser on his staff all those years? I think that is wrong. Reporting it isn't enough. Smith was Meyer's direct subordinate. He should have been gone a long time ago.

Is it your opinion he is a woman abuser? What makes you the expert? The ex wife's claim? What about the ex-wife's mother's claim who said she wasn't abused? Shouldn't we leave that up to the experts? What did Meyer know and when? Is he responsible to know everything his staff is up to? Do you think Smith walked in one day and said "just so you know, Urbs-baby, I beat up my wife last night.". If you are making those assumptions, would you make the same about JS and Paterno?

These things are very complex and, I am afraid, adjudicated in the court of public opinion. I have no idea about Smith and his situation. But I've known several people wrongly accused. I'll sit and wait until the facts are known. (OK, I might post a snarky post from time to time, but seriously, I hope justice is done; whatever that may be).

Reactions: dailybuck777
https://thespun.com/big-ten/ohio-st...an-meyer-investigation-results-zach-smith/amp

For example, it was revealed in a social media report last Friday that sources said Zach Smith had a sexual encounter with a female OSU football office worker in his office in the Woody Hayes Athletic Center. But it apparently was no bombshell to the investigators, who at that point already were wrapping up their work.

“That was not a secret,” said one of the witnesses who spoke to The Dispatch, indicating the woman’s name had come up during earlier questioning.

So meyer didn't know that his married coach was banging someone else in his office, but everyone else did? Sounds like Meyer doesn't know a lot of stuff....

Reactions: PSUHarry33
Is it your opinion he is a woman abuser? What makes you the expert? The ex wife's claim? What about the ex-wife's mother's claim who said she wasn't abused? Shouldn't we leave that up to the experts? What did Meyer know and when? Is he responsible to know everything his staff is up to? Do you think Smith walked in one day and said "just so you know, Urbs-baby, I beat up my wife last night.". If you are making those assumptions, would you make the same about JS and Paterno?

These things are very complex and, I am afraid, adjudicated in the court of public opinion. I have no idea about Smith and his situation. But I've known several people wrongly accused. I'll sit and wait until the facts are known. (OK, I might post a snarky post from time to time, but seriously, I hope justice is done; whatever that may be).

I am no expert so your points are well taken. There is some evidence here he admitted to the the strangling in the text. There are also some pics of her neck bruises. You realize that there are plenty of good reasons why the abused never file charges, right?

I guess I'm not comfortable with relying on OSU to really do an honest and thorough investigation to get the facts as to who knew what when. I do not want a rush to judgement here. Don't know what to make of the ex-wife's mother, she doesn't seem too credible to me either.

And what if the police were coerced by someone at OSU not to file charges so there wasn't anything official? I never was clear on that box being unchecked on that one report.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
I am no expert so your points are well taken. There is some evidence here he admitted to the the strangling in the text. There are also some pics of her neck bruises. You realize that there are plenty of good reasons why the abused never file charges, right?

I guess I'm not comfortable with relying on OSU to really do an honest and thorough investigation to get the facts as to who knew what when. I do not want a rush to judgement here. Don't know what to make of the ex-wife's mother, she doesn't seem too credible to me either.

And what if the police were coerced by someone at OSU not to file charges so there wasn't anything official? I never was clear on that box being unchecked on that one report.
This whole thing is a very unsatisfying story so far.

Many of you seem to downplay what has actually occurred or have attempted to minimize the issue to just his lying about what and when he knew. That can't be further from the real issue at stake.

1) Meyer was aware of Zach Smith's spouse abuse allegation at UF in 2008 and allegedly sent 2 people to talk the victim out of pressing charges. Has Meyer or other Ohio St representatives tampered with either the victim's reports or police in Ohio ? We don't know, but it appears he made an effort to do so back in 2008.

2) Meyer rehired Zach Smith at Ohio St and promoted him despite known spouse abuse allegations which may have been more than allegations had Meyer not sent a "life coach" aka fixer to talk her out of charges

3) Meyer was aware of the 2015 incident and I assume 9 total police reports including stalking over several years and continues to retain Zach Smith and gave him large raises (except in 2015 where the raise was abnormally and curiously low). Did Meyer report each of these 9 police reports? Did Ohio St really receive 9 police reports and never conduct an investigation until years later when the public found out?

4) Meyer hired Greg Schiano despite baggage and connection to the Sandusky abuse that even Tennessee would not accept

5) Meyer hired Kevin Wilson after being fired at Indiana for abusing his own players including making them play with serious injuries against the advice of medical staff

6) Meyer retained Zach Smith even after 2015 DUI. Was this reported by Meyer to Ohio St officials? Did they not care about 9 police reports involving his wife and potential spouse abuse and also a DUI?

7) Meyer retained Zach Smith despite screwing some secretary in the football office who was reassigned and ordering $2200 of sex toys delivered to the football offices. Did Meyer report this as well with the 9 police reports involving his wife and potential spouse abuse and also a DUI? Did Ohio St really determine that all of that added up to only the secretary needing to get reassigned?

8) Meyer retained Zach Smith despite penis pics on his Ohio St issued phone some taken at the White House. Did Meyer report the use of Ohio St issued phones for taking pictures of Zach's penis at the White House, screwing a secretary in the football offices who was not his wife, ordering $2200 in sex toys delivered to the Ohio St football offices, 9 police reports involving his wife and potential spouse abuse and also a DUI? Did Ohio St really not see an issue yet?

9) Meyer lied to the media about what and when he knew about Zach Smith's police reports after Zach was fired by Ohio St finally years later. Apparently this is all people in Meyer's corner want to acknowledge occurred.

10) Meyer issued a lawyer written non-apology within one week when his multiple lies were easily exposed.

11) Meyer apparently does not care about his own wife's tweet that Zach Smith scares her but hey, he's cheated on her before with coeds the same age as his own daughters so it's not like he has any respect for the woman.

12) 15 of 19 of Zach Smith's recruits were high 4 and 5 stars from half way across the country and the 4 Ohio recruits where among the lowest rated that he landed. This is the profile of a bagman and it will eventually get exposed.

13) The program that Meyer has been running is like a freak show with the main requirement to be hired is that you have some sort of baggage from an abuse scandal.

14) Couple this with Ohio St's 100 wrestlers sexually abused by a team doctor for decades, girls from a diving team being sexually abused, and the Ohio St band director fired a few years ago for over-sexualized rituals with student band members and how does Ohio St not fire Meyer?

Ohio St supports physical and sexual assault. Look at their actions and inaction. Meyer being retained is a message that abuse and overlooking abuse is not only tolerated, but is rewarded. It will become who Ohio St is and no student or spouse on that campus is safe.

Ohio St has had staff and coaches who have preyed on Ohio St students and/or physically assaulted spouses in FOUR MAJOR sports or programs. Meyer's staff is composed at the top entirely by men who have been involved in either directly abusing or looking the other way at abuse. When this much evidence exists and not a thing is done, it is simply who they are. Ohio St is run by abusers and those who allow abuse and they will rot in hell for it.

Urban knows where the bodies are buried at OSU.
Most of the conversations are focused on Urban. However, whatever standards are applied to him based on what he did or did not do, will also have to be applied to others in athletics (and I believe the entire university; need to re-read the policy) regarding similar abuse situations that may exist. The spotlight is now on.

Reports from that time almost made me think Spanier and Curley walked onto the Paterno front porch and everything went to hell. A shotgun wielding Joe threw open the front door and yelled, "Get the f**k off my property or I'll pump your guts full of lead!!!" Of course they were afraid to call the police because Joe was the emperor of central PA.

Hahah I almost missed the sarcasm typed a response. And then it hit me!

How about keeping a woman abuser on his staff all those years? I think that is wrong. Reporting it isn't enough. Smith was Meyer's direct subordinate. He should have been gone a long time ago.

Remember the spouses!

That's typical behavior for an abused ex-wife's mother. Google it.

Many of you seem to downplay what has actually occurred or have attempted to minimize the issue to just his lying about what and when he knew. That can't be further from the real issue at stake.

1) Meyer was aware of Zach Smith's spouse abuse allegation at UF in 2008 and allegedly sent 2 people to talk the victim out of pressing charges. Has Meyer or other Ohio St representatives tampered with either the victim's reports or police in Ohio ? We don't know, but it appears he made an effort to do so back in 2008.

2) Meyer rehired Zach Smith at Ohio St and promoted him despite known spouse abuse allegations which may have been more than allegations had Meyer not sent a "life coach" aka fixer to talk her out of charges

3) Meyer was aware of the 2015 incident and I assume 9 total police reports including stalking over several years and continues to retain Zach Smith and gave him large raises (except in 2015 where the raise was abnormally and curiously low). Did Meyer report each of these 9 police reports? Did Ohio St really receive 9 police reports and never conduct an investigation until years later when the public found out?

4) Meyer hired Greg Schiano despite baggage and connection to the Sandusky abuse that even Tennessee would not accept

5) Meyer hired Kevin Wilson after being fired at Indiana for abusing his own players including making them play with serious injuries against the advice of medical staff

6) Meyer retained Zach Smith even after 2015 DUI. Was this reported by Meyer to Ohio St officials? Did they not care about 9 police reports involving his wife and potential spouse abuse and also a DUI?

7) Meyer retained Zach Smith despite screwing some secretary in the football office who was reassigned and ordering $2200 of sex toys delivered to the football offices. Did Meyer report this as well with the 9 police reports involving his wife and potential spouse abuse and also a DUI? Did Ohio St really determine that all of that added up to only the secretary needing to get reassigned?

8) Meyer retained Zach Smith despite penis pics on his Ohio St issued phone some taken at the White House. Did Meyer report the use of Ohio St issued phones for taking pictures of Zach's penis at the White House, screwing a secretary in the football offices who was not his wife, ordering $2200 in sex toys delivered to the Ohio St football offices, 9 police reports involving his wife and potential spouse abuse and also a DUI? Did Ohio St really not see an issue yet?

9) Meyer lied to the media about what and when he knew about Zach Smith's police reports after Zach was fired by Ohio St finally years later. Apparently this is all people in Meyer's corner want to acknowledge occurred.

10) Meyer issued a lawyer written non-apology within one week when his multiple lies were easily exposed.

11) Meyer apparently does not care about his own wife's tweet that Zach Smith scares her but hey, he's cheated on her before with coeds the same age as his own daughters so it's not like he has any respect for the woman.

12) 15 of 19 of Zach Smith's recruits were high 4 and 5 stars from half way across the country and the 4 Ohio recruits where among the lowest rated that he landed. This is the profile of a bagman and it will eventually get exposed.

13) The program that Meyer has been running is like a freak show with the main requirement to be hired is that you have some sort of baggage from an abuse scandal.

14) Couple this with Ohio St's 100 wrestlers sexually abused by a team doctor for decades, girls from a diving team being sexually abused, and the Ohio St band director fired a few years ago for over-sexualized rituals with student band members and how does Ohio St not fire Meyer?

Ohio St supports physical and sexual assault. Look at their actions and inaction. Meyer being retained is a message that abuse and overlooking abuse is not only tolerated, but is rewarded. It will become who Ohio St is and no student or spouse on that campus is safe.

Ohio St has had staff and coaches who have preyed on Ohio St students and/or physically assaulted spouses in FOUR MAJOR sports or programs. Meyer's staff is composed at the top entirely by men who have been involved in either directly abusing or looking the other way at abuse. When this much evidence exists and not a thing is done, it is simply who they are. Ohio St is run by abusers and those who allow abuse and they will rot in hell for it.
Your obsession and hatred for UM and OSU is only matched by the venom that I have seen spewed against JoePa and PSU on nearly all other teams' message boards since 2011.

Your head is going to explode when the final decision is made and he returns to the sideline.

Your obsession and hatred for UM and OSU is only matched by the venom that I have seen spewed against JoePa and PSU on nearly all other teams' message boards since 2011.

Your head is going to explode when the final decision is made and he returns to the sideline.
I don't Ohio St or Michigan but that is hardly unique amongst Penn Staters or other conference fans. But when it comes to Meyer, it is more about doing the right thing and he clearly hasn't. Not just once. Not twice. But Meyer seems to very consistently do the wrong things.

This seems to be in both his professional and personal life. He's cheated on his wife with teenagers while his own daughters were teenagers. He's ignored his own wife's tweet that Zach Smith scared her.

He's very consistently made decisions at Florida and at Ohio St that put the product on the field above all else including playing criminals including a guy who at least a couple years later turned out to be a murderer, including a coach who admitted in writing to choking his wife, has a record of stalking his ex, criminal trespass, a DUI, screwing a secretary at work, making sex tapes at work, ordering $2200 in sex toys and having them delivered to work, keeping pictures of his penis at the white house on his work phone.

Look, I'm not going to say I'm sorry for opposing someone who consistently sides with evil to win games. I am not sure with all of the evidence out how anyone not wearing scarlet and grey facepaint doesn't conclude that Meyer is a horrible person.

Now, it does appear that Ohio St is a perfect fit for Meyer. With their hundreds of student athletes sexually abused in wrestling, diving, and the band, Meyer and his abuse scandal coordinators and Zach Smith fit right in.

But that is what they chose to be as an organization. They protect those who abuse and protect abusers. In the name of winning. In the name of football. Dotting the eye apparently means selling your soul to ignore evil. When they make their choice on Meyer it will only cement their abusive culture and legacy.

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT