ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Ohio State dual - Fri, Feb 2

that’s a terrible neutral count and now one of them is scewed no matter what. mendez clearly not continuously over 90. if they overturn it, bartlett loses the chance to score a great position.

just a pathetic display by this clown so far.

Nice Beau, nice. Now maybe we can focus on wrestling versus a potential non-call at 125. For what it's worth, Byers said that the non-call was REALLY, REALLY close, but that he understood why Ryan would be upset. Byers is a homer, but he tends to be pretty fair. Admittedly, I'm not able to watch, so I'm just listening. Under any circumstance, takedown or not, it's something for Davis to think about and to prepare for in the future. Win-win.

that’s a terrible neutral count and now one of them is scewed no matter what. mendez clearly not continuously over 90. if they overturn it, bartlett loses the chance to score a great position.

That's what I was thinking. He looked about to get the takedown. why not wait?

149 T Kasak vs D D’Emilio

TK shoots and has DD’s leg up in air but DD works the stalemate. TK aggressive. Tries throw by. Stalemated with 1:42 to go. TK with another shrug. DD shoots but TK defends easily. OOB DD. 0-0 after one.

DD takes bottom. TK with back points! 2 after a mat return and suck back. That was really sweet. Challenge from PSU looking for more back points. Just 2 they say. TK looking for more back. He’s a true freshman? Wow. Mat return. They call stalling on a scramble due to legs. TK was active but call was right. Escape after 1:30. 2-1 Kasak after two.

Kasak takes bottom. Remember he had a stall call. Out in 5 secs. 3-1 Kasak. DD getting real active. DD shot and in deep. TK oh man. What a scramble TD! It’s 6-1. This is impressive. And now riding. How good is Evans too? Riding point clinched. 14 to go. Lets him up to go for major. Wins 7-2. Wow.

That was really, really impressive.

Last edited:

These 2 were on TV last week. Was it the Iowa match?

The Sandlot Shrug GIF

157 L Haines vs I Wilcox

No action thru 1:30. All center mat again. Levi shoots. In deep. Levi shelfs and finishes. Perfect form. 3-0. Late escape with a sec or two left. 3-1 after one.

Wilcox bottom. Levi riding. Flattened out. RT over a minute. To his feet. Returned and OOB. 0:54 to go. To feet and out, 3-2. 1:40 riding. Tip of cap to Ohio State who came to wrestle. 3-2 after two.

Levi bottom and quick escape. 4-2. 1:33 RT. Haines shoots. Single. Scramble. Hooks ankle. TD. 7-2. Cuts him. 7-3. RT secured. Wilcox shoots. Short scramble. Haines reshoots and finishes. Rides him out Wins 11-3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT