ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Ohio State dual - Fri, Feb 2

Happy to let someone else do PBP for 2nd half if anyone wants. Seems like lately some like to. Happy to trade.

After all the sturm & drang, it’s 13 - 3 at halftime, about where most folks thought it would be.

Buckeyes have a solid team. Wonder how buckeye and hawkeye match would turn out hmmmmmm
125 Ayala MD McCrone/Kilkeary 4-0 IA
133 Bouzakis Dec Schriever 4-3 IA
141 Woods Dec Mendez 7-3 IA
149 Rathjen Dec D’Emilio 10-3 IA
157 Franek Dec Wilcox 13-3 IA
165 Caliendo MD Hepner 17-3 IA
174 Kennedy Dec Welsh 20-3 IA
184 Rogotzke Dec Riggins 20-6
197 Glazier MD Geog 24-6
285 Davison Dec Hill/Kueter 24-9

• Haha
Reactions: USPMAN
125 was a bad call, I thought.

133 I like the action. Nagao never tires. But staring to get slightly concerned. Being taken down 3x in first period isn’t good. Bouzakis is good but that’s a match a top 4 guy should win.

141 was great. Classic BB.

149 was very impressive.

157 was fine. Wish Levi was tech’ing 30ish ranked guys. But am I going to complain about a major that was never in doubt?

197 Glazier MD Geog 24-6
Woods Mendez is a toss up I'm my opinion and demilio rathjen as well. Welsh Kennedy would be close but otherwise pretty much on

One year under Cael and this guy will be a beast. More than what he already is. He's a stud
Kasak has already jumped levels if you consider where he was earlier this year.

Early on he was a bit rough. The bump up to 149 has served him well. I'm sold.

Next year Levi RS on his way to 74. Kasak mans 57 with SVN back at 49.

Solid OSU showing and can understand the consternation about 125. Nagao just cannot afford those 3-point TD’s in 1st period. Digs too much of a hole.

197 Glazier MD Geog 24-6
If Ayala majors Kilkeary, I'll eat my hat.
McCrone he might tech, but unless Ayala developed some top game I'm unaware of, he's not bonusing Kilkeary from his feet. Even with the 3 point TD.

Reactions: fronk71 and El-Jefe
Holy Sheep Dip, someone needs to put out an APB on Mitchell. Like, before he breaks someone in two.

If Ayala majors Kilkeary, I'll eat my hat.
McCrone he might tech, but unless Ayala developed some top game I'm unaware of, he's not bonusing Kilkeary from his feet. Even with the 3 point TD.
I might be a little biased. And Kilkeary was majored earlier this year by Diego Sotelo from Harvard 12-0.

157 Psycho vs Hepner

lol. Camera not quick enough to catch MM’s shot off whistle. Scramble is stalemated. Psycho had upper hand. More aggression and it’s a MM TD. Chicken wing close to backpoints but none. Escape Hepner and MMcalked for locked hands. 3-2. But then a quick Psycho TD makes it 6-2. Flattened out and throwing everything at him yields a stall call on Hepner. Crowd wants another. 6-2 after one. 1:47 RT.

MM bottom. Being ridden. Stalemate after 0:44. Hepner high but MM can’t get out. Stalemated. Crowd wants a stall call. 0:48 to go. MM reversal in restart. 8-2 now. Flattened. Smothering they say in the TV call. 8-2 after two.

Hepner chooses top. MM being ridden. Kryptonite. Hepner keeps geeing high. Finally reversed. 10-2. But Hepner also reverses. 10-4. Cradle by Hepner. But no turn. Psycho wins 10-4. Found what he needs to work on.

Last edited:
Messenbrink wrestles mean. He love's that cross face. Hepner taking it well. Not giving up

Reactions: Hotshoe
174: Starocci vs Welsh

Welsh with a shot but nothing. Carter in deep gets behind. Returns and it’s 3-0. That was nice. OOB. Restart. Escape. 3-1. No backing down from Ohio St. Not Maryland. Stalling Welsh after Carter changed level and reaches for leg a few times. 3-1 after one.

Welsh bottom. Escape. 0:45 riding. Starocci shot. Pressure. Another shot no stall call? Another. Still no stall call. Wow. 3-2 after two.

Carter on bottom but not for long. 4-2. 0:38 riding not a factor. No shots now. Carter maybe tired? Not seen that before. Warning Carter which is ridiculous when no stalling in 2nd when Carter shot and shot and shot.

4-2 Carter wins

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT