ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Ohio State dual - Fri, Feb 2

125 B Davis vs V Kilkeary

VK with a couple 1/4 attempts at a lat drop I think. Nothing but interesting trying upper body early. Nothing thru 1:30. VK with some level changes. No shots. Shot and counter shot. 0-0 after one.

VK chooses bottom. Out in 6 secs. 1-0 VK. BD dump and immediate 3. 3-1 BD. BD can’t get mat return and is warned. Restart. BD so quick with TD finishes. VK stands and returned. VK escapes. 3-2 BD and 0:52 ride. 3-2 BD after two.

BD chooses bottom. The BD sit. Cut him. 4-2 BD. 0:38 BD ride. 1 min to go. VK goes double under. Stalling on BD. 4-3 now. 30 secs to go. Double unders again. Throws. Looks like TD and maybe backs. Looking at video. TD wasn’t awarded to VK but think it will after review.

No TD. Davis wins. I’ll take it but I don’t know about that. I’d be pissed if other way around.
BD gets the 4-3 win, but I thought VK had the takedown.

133 A Nagao vs N Bouzakis

NB TD. 3-0 NB. Mat return. Escape. 3-1 NB 20 secs ride. 2 mins to go. Ohio St came to wrestle. NB TD. 6-1 NB. Escape 6-2. AN in deep. Give TD to NB. Not sure about that one either but it’s now 9-2 Bouzakis. Didn’t see this coming. 9-2 NB after one. 1:10 riding.

Neutral start. Nagao in deep. Gets TD but immediately reversed. It’s 11-5 Bouzakis. Nagao escape earned. 11-6 NB. Bouzakis in deep. Nagao gets behind but can’t finish. NB 11-6 with 1:33 after two.

Nagao on bottom. Out immediately. 11-7 Bouzakis. Bouzakis shoots. In deep but scramble. Stalemate. Lots of time used. 0:47 to go. Essentially 12-7 with ride. Nagao shoots. Defended. Again. Stalemate. 27 to go. Bouzakis all backing. Warned. TD Nagao. 11-10 Bouzakis. Nagao thought he cut him but escape not awarded. Boouzakis wins. To video? Headgear pull and riding point makes it 13-10 Bouzakis. Damn.

They showed 12-7 after match. There was a challenge after match. Said headgear pull at time but if TD was waived off, then 13-7 it would have been.

Last edited:
Nageo burning a ton of time with these long scrambles that end up in a stalemate.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT