ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St looking great.

Barret hasn’t exactly torn it up against quality competition. Look at his last games against Wisky, PSU, MSU, UM, Clemson, and Oklahoma. Check his stats. Not scary at all. Hit him early and often and he fades. Wilson hasn’t won a big game yet.....

Reactions: Beaver-Stadium
Oh no. I will watch. I want Penn State to win, but the loss will vindicate my prediction, so I will take some comfort in that.

got it, so your one of "those fans" that tells everyone you think your favorite team will lose so you don't get too invested as a fan.

got it, so your one of "those fans" that tells everyone you think your favorite team will lose so you don't get too invested as a fan.
If you knew my history, you would know I am not invested at all. I watch the games dispassionately. That's why I can be objective. I would rather Penn State wins, but it doesn't bother me if they lose.

If you knew my history, you would know I am not invested at all. I watch the games dispassionately. That's why I can be objective. I would rather Penn State wins, but it doesn't bother me if they lose.

If you watch all the games your invested.

Not to mention to have over 25,000 posts on a teams message board.

You can down play it all you want, but people don't invest that much time, (watching every football game for a team) and honestly and truly do it dispassionately.

You just hedge your bets by saying they are not going to win games like the osu game so your friends or other fans don't bust your chops.

It is really easy to see through.

Last edited:

You can down play it all you want, but people don't invest that much time, (watching every football game for a team) and honestly and truly do it dispassionately.

You just hedge your bets by saying they are not going to win game like the osu game so your friends or other fans don't bust your chops.

Apparently it's not that easy to see through.

I would not call PSU's schedule impressive. I went to Akron. That team is awful.

Ignoring the question and asking a different one. Good way to debate a point.

Nobody has said that PSU has played top level teams. What has been said is that the Buckeyes offense rolling coincides with a schedule stretch that is rather easy. The one opponent they played with a pulse beat them by double digits at home. An opponent who has since lost to Iowa State, given up 40 to Baylor, and just eeked out a win vs Texas.

We both have beaten Indiana (I think our win was more impressive), and Iowa and Northwestern are better wins than Army, UNLV, Rutgers, and Nebraska. I think we are going to be in for another excellent game.

Reactions: Beaver-Stadium
Ignoring the question and asking a different one. Good way to debate a point.

Nobody has said that PSU has played top level teams. What has been said is that the Buckeyes offense rolling coincides with a schedule stretch that is rather easy. The one opponent they played with a pulse beat them by double digits at home. An opponent who has since lost to Iowa State, given up 40 to Baylor, and just eeked out a win vs Texas.

We both have beaten Indiana (I think our win was more impressive), and Iowa and Northwestern are better wins than Army, UNLV, Rutgers, and Nebraska. I think we are going to be in for another excellent game.

Don’t speak logic to buckeyes. #eyetest

You just hedge your bets by saying they are not going to win game like the osu game so your friends or other fans don't bust your chops.

You are new to this board so I don't expect you to understand me, or any of the other regulars. If you stick around, you will likely realize 1st impressions are often wrong. Much of what I post here has nothing to do with Penn State football. I think my Elisabeth Shue posts alone exceed my football posts.:) I have, for all practical purposes, walked away from Penn State. The reasons are sprinkled through those 25K posts. I have stayed on this board because I have many friends here and I like the fact that this is an open board, where people discuss cars, and women, and a hundred other things not related to football. There are some very smart people here, doctors, math geeks, engineers, lawyers.... and the topics are extremely variable. In any event, it's getting late for an old timer like me so I'm off to bed. By the way, I have not watched all the games. I missed most of 2 and nearly all the Iowa game. When I do watch, it is often while working or reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU87
Help me! I’m on the bottom and I can’t get up! :)
giphy.gif

Reactions: Scott beach
Barret hasn’t exactly torn it up against quality competition. Look at his last games against Wisky, PSU, MSU, UM, Clemson, and Oklahoma. Check his stats. Not scary at all. Hit him early and often and he fades. Wilson hasn’t won a big game yet.....
OSU will be solid favorites to beat PSU in Columbus.

You just hedge your bets by saying they are not going to win games like the osu game so your friends or other fans don't bust your chops.

Not as easy to see through as you think...go back and read Gambit's history. He's consistent.

Reactions: fairgambit
They beat Nebraska 62-3 last year.... after their game with us when they couldn't score on anyone .... except Nebraska that is

Only concerning thing is OSU now has a bye and 2 weeks to prepare for us. Same as last year just reversed

Only concerning thing is OSU now has a bye and 2 weeks to prepare for us. Same as last year just reversed

Not quite the same as last year. PSU has a home game against a very over rated scUM team while OSU has their bye. Last year OSU had a double OT slug fest against Wisconsin on the road while PSU had the bye.. That may have been one of the most physical games that I have ever seen.

Not quite the same as last year. PSU has a home game against a very over rated scUM team while OSU has their bye. Last year OSU had a double OT slug fest against Wisconsin on the road while PSU had the bye.. That may have been one of the most physical games that I have ever seen.
Yep. Then there's the commute back -- OSU's players didn't get to their rooms until 5am Sunday morning so coaches had to cancel practice that day so guys could sleep. Night road games, especially overtime ones against physical opponents, are a bitch.

And the game is being played in Columbus instead of Happy Valley.

thats what I meant by reversed. Last year we had the bye and it was in happy valley. this year osu has the bye and its at osu

Yep. Then there's the commute back -- OSU's players didn't get to their rooms until 5am Sunday morning so coaches had to cancel practice that day so guys could sleep. Night road games, especially overtime ones against physical opponents, are a bitch.
Please, skip the excuses.

Let's just play the game.

Blah, blah, blah. We get it. O$U is a Goliath. But now it’s Mich, Mich, Mich, Mich..... wait a week.

Absolutely

The funny thing though is that the Michigan game is only important for bragging rights and national ranking. It will probably have little to do with who wins the BiG east.

And, lets not forget OSU barely beat Mich St last year, and probably should have lost. We whipped Mich St but they did have their way with us in the first quarter.

We just cannot get off to a slow start against OSU and leave points on the board from the 3 yard line again. We were fortunate against Iowa when we should have beat them by 3 TD's at least.

The round robin B1G east tournament started last week when MSU beat scUM. PSU can eliminate scUM this weekend. Can someone go 3-0? If they do they get Wisky! If they go 4-0 they should be #1 seed in the playoffs because no one will have gone through that gauntlet.

Please, skip the excuses.

Let's just play the game.
Just making the point after a PSU poster brought it up. There's been a lot of discussion about scheduling challenges/advantages. Night road games are tough to play in and tough to recover from the next week. I know there are people here who have said they are thankful that the OSU-PSU game, which almost certainly would have been a night game in the Shoe, is being played in the afternoon to accommodate the World Series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT