ADVERTISEMENT

Official fairgambit travel thread. FINAL THOUGHTS (Long)

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
Due to overwhelming demand :rolleyes:, and to the extent possible, I will post updates on my great western travel adventure.

Here is Mrs. Gambit's luggage headed for check in. :)
madonnasuitcase_1606386c.jpg

Due to overwhelming demand :rolleyes:, and to the extent possible, I will post updates on my great western travel adventure.

With the light luggage , I take it you are flying United with carry on's only.
What is the itinerary ? If San Francisco is on your docket let us know.
I will buy you an adult beverage.

With the light luggage , I take it you are flying United with carry on's only.
What is the itinerary ? If San Francisco is on your docket let us know.
I will buy you an adult beverage.
Thanks for the offer, but I think we are flying to Atlanta, or Dallas, and then on to Vegas. The reason I don't know is my wife has changed it about 6 times.:rolleyes:

I sayeth... I thought thy king and queen travel by horse and carriage with thy armed guards ... what is thy planeth that thy speaks of?

I sayeth... I thought thy king and queen travel by horse and carriage with thy armed guards ... what is thy planeth that thy speaks of?
She talked me into traveling on one of those new fangled gizmos "Aereoplain" I think they're called. They go up in the air....like a bird. Really! Next thing ya know someone's gonna' say we can fly to the moon.;)

When Gambit said "I do".

hat's some funny and TRUE $#!+. Fair, I'm a Flagstonian . If you are in need in these parts PM me. Flagstaff's downtown has gone nuclear the last 5 years. All kind of cool eateries. Don't do subway in these parts ! Lot's and lot's to do in your path have fun !!!!!!

Tim

That looks like one of my wedding pictures. I was married in a helicopter flying over the Vegas night lights! We didn't want to use Elvis and make a mockery of the ceremony!! ;)
My almost second wife and I were going to be married in the Garnd Canyon after taking one of those Maverick Helicopters from Vegas. Never made it lol (good choice)

You sir are a legend!
Thank you MISTER mrtailgate! Actually, it was my wife's doing. We eloped because we had dated for 8 years and lived in 2 homes together before getting married. I was globetrotting for work and we were making it work. We held my mom's 70th birthday in Vegas with dozens of cousins from around the country attending.

We used the trip to Vegas to get married after her big bash. We told my mom about our plans an hour before the limo took us to the helipad. Two hours later, she had our reception arranged at Rio and rounded up a few dozen hungover cousins to attend. She was amazing woman; a "Rosie the Riveter". I miss her dearly.

Pardon my long story but that picture made me think of her in the most pleasant way. I miss her!

Last edited:
Thank you MISTER mrtailgate! Actually, it was my wife's doing. We eloped because we had dated for 8 years and lived in 2 homes together before getting married. I was globetrotting for work and we were making it work. We held my mom's 70th birthday in Vegas with dozens of cousins from around the country

The Most Interesring Man in the World can't hold a candle to you fine sir!!

It's 9AM and I am the only one awake. Geeze, it's noon back in Pittsburgh. Good news. I've been in Vegas over 8 hours and haven't lost a dime yet! My wife wanted to play the slots we saw as soon as we got off the plane, but I told her "Honey...your luggage." Those were the magic words.:) My arm is sore and I realized it's because my wife was hanging on to it and squeezing hard during the flight last night. It was a bit rough. Like a wooden roller coaster (the Jack Rabbit in Pittsburgh's Kennywood Park) but at 30,000 feet. I have no idea what the plans are for today, but I'm starving. I'm off for now to look for food.

It's 9AM and I am the only one awake. Geeze, it's noon back in Pittsburgh. Good news. I've been in Vegas over 8 hours and haven't lost a dime yet! My wife wanted to play the slots we saw as soon as we got off the plane, but I told her "Honey...your luggage." Those were the magic words.:) My arm is sore and I realized it's because my wife was hanging on to it and squeezing hard during the flight last night. It was a bit rough. Like a wooden roller coaster (the Jack Rabbit in Pittsburgh's Kennywood Park) but at 30,000 feet. I have no idea what the plans are for today, but I'm starving. I'm off for now to look for food.

Musts....Nighttime Helo ride, Rio Buffet, puddle jumper over Grand Canyon, Excalibur dinner show, Mandalay Bay. Go watch people shoot craps, you'll make money if you can catch on. Slots? Look where they are placing new machines and moving others (usually late at night). Don't pass up the giant slot machines, if you hit it lucky you will win.

What, you aren't driving in the deluxe family truckster?????

Reactions: fairgambit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT