ADVERTISEMENT

Off Season Workouts 2018

Why is their such a hissy fit about me saying 315 is not a lot for a D1 football player on squat?
Probably because you immediately follow that comment with your exploits in the weight room and how you're still stronger than a D1 athlete in your retirement.

If you make a look at me post...people are going to look at you.

Dude tore his ACL and missed last season. Now he's squatting what any normal person would call a decent amount of weight. Thus the beat writer and myself saying his knee sure looks healthy/strong. You went out of your way to downplay his lift. People called you out. I guess that equals hissy fit in your mind.

Probably because you immediately follow that comment with your exploits in the weight room and how you're still stronger than a D1 athlete in your retirement.

If you make a look at me post...people are going to look at you.

Dude tore his ACL and missed last season. Now he's squatting what any normal person would call a decent amount of weight. Thus the beat writer and myself saying his knee sure looks healthy/strong. You went out of your way to downplay his lift. People called you out. I guess that equals hissy fit in your mind.
But Pirate, I didn't go out of my way at all. I made a single post that said he looks healthy and that 315 is not all that much for a D1 football player. I didn't say look at me, I just used my numbers for comparison. There was no intent to downplay a player that I am very high on.

And yes, you people threw a page and a half hissy fit over the mere suggestion that 315 is not a lot for a squat. You can't take my multiple posts telling you over and over how highly I think of Reid as a student athlete for what they are and instead like children anchored in their false assumptions think I was out to get Reid or talk him down because I said 315 isn't all that much? Turns out according to MGJ-90 that Reid has done a 490 squat so I'm pretty sure Reid would agree that 315 is not all that much for squat.

Great news on Miles. (no, not that Miles....). Sanders had a great mentor, and I'm sure he realizes that he has all the tools that together with a workout ethic to rival Saquon may lead to a great combine in a year or two which will lead to big bucks...... Sanders' development is a big key as I see it. We don't need one guy to replace Barkley, but we need leaders.

Reactions: 81b&w
I'd have to say that the results from the combine have to energize those guys in our current weight room. They are seeing the ROI of the process and the effort at PSU just wow NFL scouts and football fans everywhere. They have to know that if they fully commit to it, that will be them driving their stock up in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT