ADVERTISEMENT

Off Season Workouts 2018

Foles post game comments are appropriate here, me thinks. I can't imagine what these kids go through to play on major college teams. Up at 4:30 and then carry a full load of classes. We see and idolize them on Saturdays but don't have a clue that hard work and dedication it requires. Kudo's to them and all of the college players that work this hard.

Foles post game comments are appropriate here, me thinks. I can't imagine what these kids go through to play on major college teams. Up at 4:30 and then carry a full load of classes. We see and idolize them on Saturdays but don't have a clue that hard work and dedication it requires. Kudo's to them and all of the college players that work this hard.
Takes me back to basic training in the US Army in March 1968. Buck sergeant in the barracks banging a trash can lid shouting to "Drop your %$^& and put on your socks" hours before sunup. Running everywhere for the first week with an obstacle course run through before breakfast, a "light 'em up if you got" break between breaking down your rifle class and gas mask training class. A ten minute break between bayonet training class and hand to hand combat class. Fortunately, basic was only eight weeks and not year round.

Takes me back to basic training in the US Army in March 1968. Buck sergeant in the barracks banging a trash can lid shouting to "Drop your %$^& and put on your socks" hours before sunup. Running everywhere for the first week with an obstacle course run through before breakfast, a "light 'em up if you got" break between breaking down your rifle class and gas mask training class. A ten minute break between bayonet training class and hand to hand combat class. Fortunately, basic was only eight weeks and not year round.
I recall high school fall camp two-a-days. I think it was two weeks. I remember having to keep my legs strait because, if I bent them at the knees, they'd cramp. But that was really one or two weeks and far, far less competitive.

Reactions: phillybillyreprise
LOL...fond memories. IIRC, however, it was "Drop your c...s and grab your socks"...

Isn't that a bit questionable? With McSorley, Thomkins, Bates, Gonzalez, Fries, McGovern, and Johnson, that should be 7 out of 11. More like 67-68%, No!

They are likely counting up yards accounted for. So with Barkley, Gesicki, Hamilton, and Blacknall gone.......

Isn't that a bit questionable? With McSorley, Thomkins, Bates, Gonzalez, Fries, McGovern, and Johnson, that should be 7 out of 11. More like 67-68%, No!
They typically based that on the skill players returning based on yards/TDs from the prior year. With Barkley, Hamilton and Gisecki leaving that was a lot of our offensive production

To CFB talk:

giphy.gif

Reactions: hereforthebeer
It's not subjective analysis, but the percentage of the offensive players that are directly linked to offensive statistics (rushing yards, passing yards, receiving yards, etc.). I could see a formula that included number of snaps or allocating yards to O linemen and other contributors who were on the field and not the ones getting credited with the run, pass, or reception, but that would be way too complicated.

Question guys-
After glowing reports during the spring and fall camp, did Miranda end up playing during the season or did we preserve his shirt? For some reason I can’t seem to remember if he played or not this past year. I certainly hope we saved his redshirt.

Thanks in advance

Question guys-
After glowing reports during the spring and fall camp, did Miranda end up playing during the season or did we preserve his shirt? For some reason I can’t seem to remember if he played or not this past year. I certainly hope we saved his redshirt.

Thanks in advance

He redshirted. 4 more years of eligibility....

Same with Thorpe, Holmes, and Martin.

Together with the other young Olinemen, Fries, Gelerstadt, Menet..., and the 2018 class studs, the OL is stocked for great competition for playing time which should lead to better OL play than we have seen in recent years.

Miles and the other RB's are likely lick'in their chops!!

a-puma-licking-its-lips-while-considering-its-next-move-KJAWPE.jpg

Last edited:

Caught a snippet of Reid in this video from this morning. Good to see he appears healthy and ready to go for the spring.

He redshirted. 4 more years of eligibility....

Same with Thorpe, Holmes, and Martin.

Together with the other young Olinemen, Fries, Gelerstadt, Menet..., and the 2018 class studs, the OL is stocked for great competition for playing time which should lead to better OL play than we have seen in recent years.

Miles and the other RB's are likely lick'in their chops!!

a-puma-licking-its-lips-while-considering-its-next-move-KJAWPE.jpg

But Pitt is going to win the next 3 National championships Greg! You know that sir.

;);):eek:;);)

Reactions: GregInPitt
I believe it has been stated/discussed on this board, that case loads vary per student. Full for some and 6 credits for others. The NCAA has lowered the bar for academics. Full loads happened 30 years ago but not in today's world.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT